Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication"
    in 6 reviews
  • "terrible interview process, long and drawn out, waste of time, St"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Opportunity and Career Growth

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking at Paycom has been a blessing as Paycom is a company on the move. Paycom recently broke ground on an addition to its state-of-the-art headquarters and is a seven year Inc. 500 honoree - awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the country.

Personally, I have grown by leaps and bounds as a professional during my seven month career and know there is unlimited career mobility with Paycom so long as I continue to work hard and add value to the company.

The management team at Paycom is exceptional. They do a wonderful job of bench-marking the success of their employees and showing everyone the big picture. At meetings management details how its employees are vital to the success of the company and with everyone working together Paycom can and will continue to be the fastest-growing Payroll and Human Capital company in the nation.

Additionally, there are a number of great leaders that are passionate about making the company culture the envy of the state. The company's annual Year End Party - thrown to honor the hard work of employees and success of the company - distinguishes Paycom from any other business. It is experience that will never be forgotten.

ConsIt takes time to accrue vacation and sick time.

It Keeps Getting Better

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsThe work atmosphere at Paycom is amazing. It feels like I am truly appreciated for the work I do, and I'm not just a number. I honestly love what I do because I have a variety of duties that are all different, so it's not the same thing everyday! Paycom allows so mych opportunity for advancement. Since I have been at Paycom, I have been privelaged enough to see many people receive promotions, even within my own department. Lastly, Paycom has an amazing training program that allows you to tremendously grow as a professional.

ConsIt takes a little while to build up vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Your support allows not only individuals but also the company to grow each and every day.

Growing fast

I have been working at Paycom full-time

ProsThis company is growing so quickly. In a time when jobs can be difficult to come by and the economy isn't the best, this is a place that I can recommend to individuals to work because Paycom is always hiring.

ConsWe are growing so fast we are outgrowing our building and are ready for our new building to open!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure our new building can accommodate the rate of which we are growing!

Amazing work environment!!

I have been working at Paycom full-time

ProsPaycom has a phenomenal work environment. Every one within the company is determined to make Paycom the best in our industry and each employee thrives to be better than the day before. The training department offers various classes each week to help you not only grow as a professional, but as a person. There are also four dollar lunches daily that are catered in from a restaurant... How could you not love that?

ConsIt takes a while to build up sick days and vacation.

Challenging but worth it

Sales (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIncredible earning potential, mentally challenging, constantly learning and growing. The environment has become very supportive as the company has grown. The company continues to develop great systems that serve real needs in the business community.

ConsLike anything worth accomplishing in life success here does not come without difficulty, challenges, and its fair share of disappointments. Not for you if you aren't mentally tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving development. Keep supporting and growing your reps.

From a sales rep point of view...

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent products offered and a fair and reasonable price. Not sure what else I can say for pros.

ConsPaycom was a crazy place to work. I was one of 18 reps that had three managers in our region, which got trimmed to 3 sales reps. I did well there, but seeing new people working at the desk next to mine every month was getting old. I love all the other cheerleader posts that give 5 stars and say what an awesome place it is to work. They love that Paycom cool aid!

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck

Hard work pays off here!!!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros- I decide how much money I make!
- Great environment, management, and benefits!
- We have an amazing product!
- Love it!

Cons- Long interview process.
- Hard work, but it pays off big time $$$

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to be support and amazing!

Great product, great compensation, BOILER ROOM in sales

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company has a great product that excels in its targeted market. The compensation is very lucrative and the total compensation (salary, commission, benefits, stock options, 401k, President's Club, etc.) is hard to beat. All aspects of the sales role are highly micro-managed. This is not a job for experienced sales professionals. If you are fresh out of college or in your first 1-3 years in the workplace, this is a great company to make great earnings and learn a tremendous amount about professional B2B sales. Warning: the work environment is a pressure cooker. Even when you are over plan you will still feel burdened for not having more deals to bring in. This lends itself to very high turnover. There are very few sales reps that have been with the company more than 2-3 years. Overall, you can make a great living for 1-3 years if you can put up with the stress; not a great place for the development of a long term career.

ConsOverall pressure cooker in sales. Reps are highly micro-managed and there is very little career trajectory for the vast majority. New reps come in and out on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe number one reason reps stay at Paycom is the compensation; however there are many other factors to reduce turnover that aren't being explored at all. Focus on developing a better work environment so that your employees feel valued and not like just a YTD number on the leader board.

Not easy, but well worth it!

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsPaycom has great compensation all around, and great benefits. Continual education for all employees is essential to the success with Paycom. Every week, they provide the all departments with training. Paycom knows that each employee needs to personally grow, if they are going to grow professionally. Management really does have your back and will go to bat for you when needed. We are continually growing, double in size on average every two years. You have yet to hear layoff and Paycom in the same sentence. It is nice to know that there is stability with the company!

ConsFor Sales Reps - You will work a lot of hours, especially in the beginning, and it is not for the sales rep that just wants to hit quota. You are in charge of the whole sell cycle, so be prepared for cold calling and face to face appointments.
All team members - The department you work in wants to be the best, so the expect every member of the team to work that same mentality. We only hire the best of the best!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't jump on problems that need to be looked at 2 or 3 times before reacting.

Paycom is a great company based in OKC

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPaycom has a great culture, good benefits, and very pleasant perks. $4 catered lunches give you a good lunch option. Employee health insurance premium is only $1 per bi-weekly pay-period. The gym is great to have around to exercise before or after work, or shoot some hoops or play ping-pong during lunch. The year-end party is a great way to celebrate all of the hard work required for year-end workload.

ConsFamily health insurance is not subsidized by the company, which increases cost drastically.
Rumors of going public have been tossed around for years now with no definite time frame given by management.
The year-end party is nice, but it would also be nice to have a year-end bonus to go with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to employees and do anything within reason to reduce voluntary and involuntary turnover. Offer more than just a year-end party in the form of a year-end bonus to share the success of the company with the employees who make Paycom what it is.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 102 reviews are posted anonymously by Paycom employees.