Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication"
    in 6 reviews
  • "terrible interview process, long and drawn out, waste of time, St"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lack of personality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Paycom

ProsThe product itself, is the best out there
Personal Health Insurance with company is inexpensive
If you can get into selling payroll, you can make a lot of money with the company and there are management opportunities due to growth within company

ConsThe sales process is complex
The product has no personality to it
If you have a personality, you have to learn to lock it up for 10+ hours/per day
Commissions take months to get paid out
Cultish culture-the company will discretely present these conservative ideologies
Barely any vacation
Not your typical B2B job, you have to go to office beginning and end of day

Dec 05, 2013

Sorry to hear a career in sales wasn't the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and want to point out that on average commission is paid out within 45 days and we respect everyone's ... More

My experience at Paycom has provided me with tremendous creative opportunities and exponential professional growth.

Operations Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsPaycom has an amazing company culture which includes affordable catered meals every day, a free on-site gym with boot camp and Zumba classes, and monthly themed luncheons celebrating employee anniversaries. There are also numerous company activities such as the Year End Party (which is above and beyond any other company's holiday parties), National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week and Wellness Week.

As part of the Training Department, I can speak confidently about the amazing training classes offered daily to help employees grow personally and professionally. The trainers make themselves available to help employees with any questions they may have about the Paycom products and the best ways to continue to offer the best customer service.

I am personally excited about my future at Paycom. Paycom is one of the fastest growing companies in Oklahoma City and you can tell by the number of new hires on a weekly basis. Paycom is currently working on a new building and the expansion plans are amazing and exciting.

Paycom has allowed me to use and expand my creative abilities and grow as a professional. I get to create and develop new training materials, newsletters and bulletins on a daily basis and work on projects that best communicate our new product developments with customers so they immediately know the most exciting things happening with the Paycom products.

ConsBecause Paycom is so customer focused and its number one priority is taking care of them, Paycom employees are, at times, working some holidays others companies may have off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaycom has a great environment and I feel lucky to be able to see so many upper management employees on a daily basis and feel so welcome to go to any one of them and express any new ideas or concerns I may have. My advice to any manager at Paycom would be to keep up the great environment/culture and continue to be an available source and open door for employees and a great example on how to be a great leader.

Amazing opportunity at an amazing company!

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLet's start with the most exciting...the pay! :) I started working for the company when I was 22 years old. Although it was a very difficult job, the compensation more than made up for it. I started with a base of 30k, which it significantly increased to 45k within 2 months. Then again about a year later, the starting base went to 50k. After a little over a year of selling, my base went to 80k and eventually made it to over 100k+. This doesn't even include commissions.

Money isn't the only thing that is amazing. So is the opportunity for advancement. If you want to be in management, you have the ability to do so within 2 years (sometimes even less!). Reps and managers get to travel once a quarter to executive rep training in Dallas and stay at the Grand Hyatt. We do dinners, trainings, and stay at an amazing hotel.

President's Club is the most fun I have ever had. We have opportunities to go to Maui, Puerto Rico, Naples, New York, Sedona, etc. The company pays for the trip and allows you to not use vacation time while you're there.

Overall, it's an AMAZING company and I wouldn't trade my experience for the world!!!

ConsI wish I would have received a little more vacation time during my first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what you do! :)

I loved this job and this company!

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pros of this job are endless. I love sales, and this is the best kind of sale. I would work hard for it and I would definitely reap the benefits. I was helping CFO's and CEO's on a regular basis improve their company processes PLUS save them time and money.

ConsI wished that I would've had more time off my first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to listen to the employees when they have feedback and input on processes, because sometimes we have great ideas about improvement!

Exciting place to be

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsI've only been at PAYCOM for a couple of months now, but I am highly impressed with how it compares to all the places I've worked in my 20-year career. It's exciting to be part of a company that's not just successful, but experiencing such incredible growth at an unbelievable rate. It appears the ceiling isn't even in view yet. With my oldest child not too far away from starting college, finding a job at a stable, well-positioned company was of utmost importance to me.

Co-workers are friendly and -- this is a huge plus -- slackers are not tolerated. If you don't work, you don't work here. That's refreshing coming from places where so many work so hard to do only the bare minimum.

The culture is fun, especially for a corporation of this size. I expected one far more buttoned-up and strict than it actually is.

ConsThe cons are very few, starting with vacation days. For the first year, they pale compared to most organizations. That could be improved.

Parking is an issue since the company is growing so fast. You have to get here early to get a spot still within state lines.

Still, I look at what we get out of the job -- $1 health insurance, $4 catered lunches every day, an on-site gym -- and it's too difficult to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe genuine.

I smile every time I look at my paycheck.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's great to be a 'recognized' part of a rapidly growing company that has the infrastructure in place to be the best that I can be. My skills are improved, I have the support of the company and most importantly, I smile every time I look at my paycheck. I am part of a young, fast moving, energetic, & innovative business model. If you want to reach the stars, all you need to do is apply yourself. Great training, marketing support, all the resources an aspiring sales person needs to be successful.

ConsThe onsite gym is at our headquarters location in Oklahoma

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some room, I am climbing the corporate ladder!

Aug 20, 2013

Thank you for telling others about your experience. You are testament that hard work pays big dividends at Paycom.

Tremendous amount of growth opportunities!

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros-Catered Lunches
-Gymnasium at OKC office
-Company sports leagues
-Various company activities/competitions throughout the year
-Growth galore in every position
-Pay is great for top performers

Cons-Expectations. Some will see this as a negative (I do not). You are expected to perform regardless of what your role is with the company.
-Not a lot of time off the first year.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. It's going in the right direction.

unrealistic expectations, stressful environment, immature management

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsPay can be very rewarding
You aren't stuck in the office all day
If you get a good manager you will continue to be motivated if you get a bad manager you will hate monday mornings

ConsLack of support - as a sales person you have to set the appointment, close the deal, implement the technology, transition the client, train the client - you basically wear 12 hats
12 hour workdays in sales most of the time
They expect you to be a robot
They treat you like a child unless you are way above quota

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promote people to management solely based on the fact that they were a good sales rep, please ENSURE that they will not be a petty immature brat and play favorites

Jul 26, 2013

Your feedback is appreciated. We do ask our sales executives to help transition and train our clients because we are a customer focused company. As you pointed out, we reward our reps accordingly ... More

Great company and fantastic culture!

I have been working at Paycom

ProsI have worked in the public sector and private sector, in small government and with the Fortune 100 and I can honestly say that Paycom has one of the best corporate cultures I have ever seen. Leadership is always present and supportive, there is a competitive nature in a positive way, and everyone from the janitor to the CFO is encouraged to come to work each day to produce and "Play like a Champion". To add to this there are fantastic benefits and pay for those who are willing to put in the time and come in each day with their game face on.

ConsAt times the parking situation at corporate HQ is cramped...but since it is due to company growth I will take it over the opposite any day of the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone this is a great corporate structure

I tried and got fired

Payroll Processor (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsThis company was wonderful and I tried very hard, I was there for two months and was barely under my quota. I got very stressed out because I was pushed very hard for my quota after being out of training for a month, once I reached it the quota it was moved up by 50 the next week. The tricky thing was that quota for payroll processors are set by the team leads, not upper management so they differed from team to team which I saw as a bit unfair. I was extremely stressed out because of this and loved my job so I tried very hard and was barely under quota, I talked to my team lead about this and asked if she could work with me which she assured me it would all be alright and that she knew I was working hard. The next day I was called in at the end of the day I was fired due to being to stressed out.

ConsGetting fired for being to stressed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee is working really really hard and you hear one side of a story, before firing them. Ask for their side of the story.

Jul 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Management evaluated and set a standard quota across the board for all payroll processors.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 102 reviews are posted anonymously by Paycom employees.