Park Place Motorcars

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ken Schnitzer Jr.

Treated very well. The company really shows interest in employees.

Loan Car Administrator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe company is all about making employees happy. They have an excellent HR department. There is a ton of internal promotions.

ConsIt is an extremely busy environment. Must be able to work on weekends if in service or sales.

Awesome place to work, great people, and the best company party's

Service (Current Employee) Grapevine, TX (US)

ProsPark Place and Mercedes Benz pays you to lease a Car after working there for 3 years, Fun place to work, management is friendly, awesome benefits, 401K, Complimentary life insurance, always providing us with the tools we need, the newest technology at our finger tips, terrific training programs, most of the clients are nice, Park Place rented out medieval times twice, Cowboys Stadium twice, Ranger stadium four or five times, and six flags for company and family parties for employees.

ConsManagers Sometimes take a long time to move people up mainly because no one ever quits. so it can be hard to move up. hard to trust the sales managers to give you the best employee deal when purchasing pre-owned or new cars. found it better just to purchase elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. and Sales don't pick out Your favorite employees to give better deals to when purchasing cars should be fair to all Employees.

Summer Intern for Park Place -- great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Pros-Park Place puts you through an EXCELLENT training program. Absolutely wonderful, efficient, and smart. And you're paid through it--a great perk for a college intern.
    -The pay is competitive. Not the highest I've ever seen for an intern but definitely higher than all my other internships.
    -They have internships in every category of the company.
    -It's clear they care about you and your own personal growth.
    -If you need something, be it a car to go to and from work, they will help you out.
    -Everyone is so nice! And people take the time to remember your name.

Cons-I'm not sure if this is a con, but perhaps they care a little bit too much about your personal wants? They will go out of their way to give you work you want, but maybe too much of what you want.
    -Sometimes there was a lack of work to do--but this is normal for most internships.

Advice to Senior Management-If an intern doesn't know exactly what they want to do, try giving them a variety of different kinds of projects, etc.
    -Maybe an extra day here or there for us to explore different facets of the company. Or to see Park Place's other vendors, etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work, with great people and great products!

Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsProducts, People, Customers, Services, Potential

ConsHours, Management, that's about it

Advice to Senior Managementease up on some of the rules for hours worked... sometimes family becomes a priority over a job.

sales

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsGood compensation,company morals, different than your typical auto dealership

ConsLong hours, little room for upward mobility

Experts in excellence? Not so much....

Pros-Good pedigree
    -Well organized
    -Focus on continuous improvement for the customer
    -Modern

Cons-Poor commission structure
    -No room for advancement
    -Poor management
    -No concern for employee welfare

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a more human look at the way you pay employees and perhaps you will retain more of them. It is evident that the company care for its clients, but the treatment of employees is sub par.

Great Place to work

Automotive Technician (Former Employee) Bedford, TX (US)

ProsGreat values, great team work, it was just a really good place to have a career.

ConsAt this time I do not remember any cons that I can truthfully mention

Good, fast paced job

Car Wash (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGood place for high school and college students to work. Internships are available and upward movement is possible.

ConsNo flexible schedule and most employees work Saturdays.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration employee input for smoother operations.

Automotive Technician

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat reputation in their market area
    Good benefits - health, 401k, etc.
    Very professional environment

ConsNo support from management - most client issues fall back on the techs, even if something related to their service advisor
    Management does consider any changes or suggestions that service department may have
    Technicians are required to be at work at all times during day, even though pay check does not require clocking in/out

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your service techs
    Remember that the service departments keeps the lights on

Great if you want to work in automotive retail sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice facilities
    Luxury car sales
    Good benefits, pay and training available for sales people
    One of the better auto dealership groups.

ConsIn management, company first, everything else next. Seen as a negative if not working on day off. Firing people for no job performance reason is a common practice for sales management at most auto dealerships.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the work/life balance for sales people in order to secure and retain quality people.

Worked for Park Place Motorcars? Contribute to the Community!