Paradise Bakery & Café
www.paradisebakery.com Scottsdale, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Paradise Bakery & Café Reviews

David Birzon

Great Co-Workers, management was the issue. Not open to cross-training. Had to train myself on multiple stations.

Barista/Cashier (Former Employee)
Tigard, OR (US)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood co-workers, competitive pay, flexible with time off, good food and discounts for employees.

ConsManagement, no real opportunity to move up, not friendly to student schedules

Kitchen Lead

Kitchen Lead (Former Employee)
Carmel, IN (US)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time for more than a year

ProsStart work early get done early, Good amount of freedom to express issues, self solve problems, great deal of responsibility that does earn respect, self gratification, Dealing with customers one on one making everyone one of them happy.

Consincompetent management staff, Lack of interview skills will not prevent you from working here and messing up everyones day or weeks, managers cant pick good help, 4 managers and 4 sets of rules, GM condescending with a lack luster attitude

Advice to Senior Managementcohesiveness will make your ship float, Good job on product training!

Great place to work

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Mesa, AZ (US)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat environment, great people and great food! I absolutely loved working here and wish I could go back!

ConsIt is a little bit like working in high school is the only problem I had. There really is no escaping the young hires that they have.

Paradise Bakery was a great employer that provided many opportunities for my future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café

ProsIf you are willing to work hard and put the time in, Paradise Bakery will reward you with growth opportunities and professional development.

ConsParadise is continuously going through change and can be hard to deal with for some people.

Work you butt off so they make all the money.

Cashier Hired As Supervisor Lied to (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time for more than a year

ProsGood employee discounts for decent food. Sometimes fun and relaxed working atmosphere.

ConsPay is poor. You only get 10 cent raises at the MOST every year for your review. They dont follow through on their training matrix, only enough to cover their a. No rewards for good work other than cheap pins to put on you visor only non managers are forced to wear regardless of migraines they produce. Managers only act professional when big wigs are in town. New Mexico district manager favors those of his religion and promotes based on it (Mormon). Comes frozen

Advice to Senior ManagementReally observe your stores in Albuquerque. Go on undercover boss.

Kind managers and free cookies

Cashier/Food Handler (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time for more than a year

ProsDid I mention free cookies? :-) The managers I worked with were intelligent, well organized, understanding, and willing to admit when they had made a mistake (like when one of them forgot that he had told me I could have a particular day off to go to my best friend's wedding). Most of my fellow employees were great to work with too, and even the few who were not weren't terrible, just not very responsible. The managers gave those two several chances to redeem themselves before firing them which I thought was pretty kind of them.

ConsNot a lot of room to advance pay wise, but they pay a little above minimum wage so I still found it sufficient as a high school/college summer job.

General Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time

ProsFamily atmosphere. Caring superiors. Integrity in the products, honesty and upfront attitude in the way the opperate

ConsNot many cons with Paradise Bakery.

Good place to work for a high school student

Cashier (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café part-time for more than a year

ProsGood income, friendly people, a typical cashier job. It was fun while it lasted. Also you can take cookies at night if there are extras (which there always were). They promote from within a ton, which is incredible.

ConsIt's a restaurant job. They promote a lot, but you're not going to be making millions here. It's a great stepping stone to the future if you can get on the fast track.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible to lower level employees.

It's fun, but...

Cashier/Barista (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paradise Bakery & Café part-time for less than a year

ProsFun environment, easy to learn new things, able to work with your schedule

ConsI have had a lot experience working in a food establishment (7+ years), but i'm not being compensated for such experience. I've had a few instances where I have requested the day off (even more than 2 weeks in advance) and they fail to give it to me off

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen training the management wasn't necessarily all on the same page as far as the new stores policies that were to implemented

Wonderful food, great hours of operations, outstanding customers

General Manager (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat food, great customers, consistency in quality.

ConsSlow to adjust to current trends, lack of introducing new foods, easily rolled over for Panera Bread buyout and transition to their products.

Worked for Paradise Bakery & Café? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paradise Bakery & Café reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Paradise Bakery & Café CEO David Birzon. All 16 reviews are posted anonymously by Paradise Bakery & Café employees.