Papa John's

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Passionate Analyst lacking challenges

Analyst (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY (US)

I worked at Papa John's full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you like call centers then Papa Johns is state of the art and provides better hands on resources then most.

ConsWork-life balance however is not good. Too many hours, not enough of a life outside work. Very poor training for employees. One of the worst health care plans I've ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees. They do most of the work and get very little recognition for it. Provide them with a better health care plan.

Wonderful company and wonderful people!

Senior Project/Program Manager (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Papa John's as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood people! Up-to-date Technology! Nice campus!

ConsNeed good process! Help put a whole lot to gether

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to 360 feedback

Papa John's 2013

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Papa John's full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExtremely high attention to product quality and customer service at the restaurant level. Overly excessive emphasis on customer who order online by over-discounting their orders and peeks.

ConsThere is essentially no company emphasis on development of a well-rounded consumer rewards program because the consumers who order by phone or walk-in are given far, far less opportunity to save money or be rewarded (as compared to online ordering customers). Middle management operations department has opted to revert to the way business was handled in the early years (1984 - 2003). General Managers and the Directors of Operations are the only contact for business customers (schools, organizations, apartments, hotels, retail, industrial) without the assistance of a dedicated account manager. This makes an ongoing relationship between company and customer challenging to grow at best. A worst it offers an opportunity for the business customer to shop around with other pizza suppliers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should re-instate the 2003 - 20012 test of a local level Account Manager who calls on business (schools, organizations, apartments, hotels, retail, industrial). Whatever salary is paid to the Account Manager should be divided among the restaurants supplied, i.e. the stores who will realized the increased pizza purchases and profits.

Not a bad place

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at Papa John's part-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible hours, quick cash, free pizza occasionally

Consmy car usually smells like onions

Advice to Senior Managementremove the delivery fee

Horrible company

Driver/Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Papa John's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe team members and the products.

ConsThis company treats you like dirt. They do not care about how good of a job you do. You will never get a raise. They call you "a dime a dozen". I use to love this company and love coming to work...now I hate everything about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood, but will fire you at the drop of a hat.

Semi hard. Work fast pace

Store Associate (Current Employee)
Sellersburg, IN (US)

I have been working at Papa John's

ProsGreat for a part time job not worth the hassle for a career. Great for college students with food discount.

ConsAt my store, my manager plays politics and does not cross-train others. Does a decent job, but does not think proactively. Only schedule you from 5-10 pm

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the managers you hire or promote have decent communication skills and an as actual as bility to managej

Great place to work for the right kind of person.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Papa John's

ProsThe culture is great and the people you work with are outstanding. Work environment is relaxed and minimal politics at the corporate HQ. Many of the silos that once existed between departments have been torn down. There is more cross functional collaboration now and this has greatly improved performance and morale.

I cannot say too many good things about the people who work at the corporate office. Most have a high level of team orientation and work hard to support others in the company. Many of the managers, directors and Sr. leaders show great concern for their team members. I personally have seen several go the extra mile.

Nigel Travis has done great things to build morale among the team and is very good at communicating.

ConsSometimes things change very quickly and you must be comfortable with rapid change to work there.

Benefits are not as good as other employers in area. Due to constant budget constraints several areas are understaffed and team members in those areas are over worked and highly stressed. The challenges of the current economy and the costs of commodities and labor place constant pressure on the budget and there are "seasons" of cost containment that result in travel restrictions etc. Upper management is against laying anyone off but hiring is often suspended and staffing is seldom in line with performance expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a very dedicated workforce but many are highly stressed out due to workload.

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Papa John's reviews and ratings in Louisville, KY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Papa John's CEO John H. Schnatter. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Papa John's employees.