Pall

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley

Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management (in 5 reviews)

• Enganginging with cutting edge technology (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages (in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsNice team, friendly environment. Goal oriented.

ConsLittle regard for employees, very shareholder focused.

Constrained, not so nimble, and culturally stiff

Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsPatented technologies
    Good Brand in the industry
    Strong technical capabilities

ConsLimited career progression
    Poor incentive programs
    Inconsistent job evaluations systems
    Communication of bonus programs lags well into the year
    Mid-managers lack appropriate influence on employees

Advice to Senior ManagementCreat a much more entrepreneurial atmosphere
    Dismantle "fiefdoms" created by certain sales personnel.
    Create genuine and timely incentive programs for sales management
    Manage people's careers to retain strong people.

Great benefits but no heart

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. Winter break. Some nice people.

ConsWork almost around the clock with no acknowledgement. Some people very cold and rude. People fired a month after hurricane sandy.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some heart

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lot's of Potential

ProsFriendly people who are very smart and intelligent. Benefit package is very good. Company execs have sent stock price through the roof. Huge emphasis on quality and creating new products. Workplace is very clean.

ConsLocal leadership is lacking. They are not on the same page and make decisions that don't make sense. Later on the workers have to work overtime to clean up the mess. Management believes in working short handed and don't schedule properly. Management doesn't care much about the workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat workers better

Cost focused

Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsThe company looks after it's staff. High quality of accommodation when travelling for company

ConsIt's hard to move up the ladder. Focus on cost's is huge. No new products. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Plenty of managers trying to justify their existence - complex management structure. Little opportunity for employees to voice their thoughts on company direction. Sales Incentive Plan does not provide incentive to perform. Sales projections don't reflect the existing market conditions - too high for industry down turn.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the work life balance. Let employees have a voice that is listened to, backed up with results rather than empty promises.

Great experience, difficult upward mobility

TFF Applications R&D Engineer I (Current Employee) Westborough, MA (US)

ProsPall has allowed me to get some great hands-on experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry. It provided me with a balance of lab work, analysis, and reporting, greatly enhancing my professional skills.

ConsI have been working as a contractor for almost 2 years and there seems to be little opportunities for that to turn into a full time position. From my conversations with others, it also seems that upward mobility and promotions from within are rare.

World Class organization chasing Wall Street valuation at the expense of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working close to home.

ConsConstant restructuring that left many very competant, qualified employees unemployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't neglect your Systems business

Overall, a good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Port Washington, NY (US)

ProsDuring my time here, I have had the opportunity to grow professionally, and work with many smart, qualified, friendly, and all around good people. My peers, supervisors, and subordinates all bring a lot to the table in a great team environment.

There are, regularly, opportunities to learn more about the business, operations, finance, or other facets of executing on the corporation's strategic objectives, if you seek them out.

ConsOn the flip side, compensation is extremely sub-par for the area. This is a huge pain point personally, and I perceive it as a constant threat to my ability to retain employees. Look at almost any salary survey for the area, subtract upwards of 40%, and you'll be in the ball park of what Pall will offer you.

Pall has some great technology, but doesn't utilize it well. A common source of frustration is that many processes are still paper based, when the technology exists or is already in place to automate the task or perform it in an electronic format. I don't know about you, but I think having to get paper forms signed, reviewed, or approved is so 1980s.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally, some of the communication initiatives that have been undertaken make senior management seem more approachable and open to discussing the business. That's good, and should continue.

With the noted employee concerns about compensation in the NY area, and your quite understandable focus on delivering shareholder value, you should probably consider relocating HQ to a more cost effective location. There is certainly somewhere that you could procure equivalent facilities, talented employees, and pay a lower overall tax and compensation burden while at the same time satisfying everyone's needs. Just a thought.

Professional, challenging and motivating.

ProsGlobal recognised organisations with a solid market place. Great environment at work place.

ConsDifficulty and/or lack of organisation towards project management.

The most frustrating company I have worked for !!!!!!

Operations (Current Employee) Newquay, England (UK)

ProsSalary - the salary is competitive - must be hazard pay !
    It's a large company and as such has some corporate culture / structure.
    Tea break time to talk with other employees.

Cons- Leadership - does not exist - all Managers that are constantly firefighting
    - office / business culture - people don't "like to work" here, lots of upset, demotivated people
    - sucks the energy / motivation out of you
    - don't expect reviews or much communication with your boss
    - reviews not linked with goals and objectives or salary rises
    - expect to suck up and work lots of hours
    - training - you won't have time
    - you won't have time to resolve issues - just paper over the gaping cracks
    - change does not happen - the culture is not to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the poor Management, start Leading, communicating and respecting/empowering employees - then things will start to improve !

Worked for Pall? Contribute to the Community!