PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 17 August, 2014
1,065 Reviews

3.2
1,065 Reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

I was a customer service representative for PNC Bank in Louisville, KY

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY (US)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Everyone was nice and helpful.

Cons

I didn't understand some of the programs implemented at the time.

Low pay

Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Pros

You could earn fair bonus if you weren't especially lazy. If you sat next to a fun person it wasn't so boring. Lead are generated for you from a list of current and former bank customers. Alright amount of paid vacation. Management was caring and understanding.

Cons

no simulation. extremely boring you are on a dialer and just wait for someone to pick up their phone. bank customers are super confused when you call them creates a level of distrust with otherwise loyal customers.

Good benefits but salary is very low

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant  in  Greensburg, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Greensburg, PA (US)

Pros

It's a job and it pays the bills. Kind of!

Cons

To sales driven. Expect to much out of employees. Long hours sometimes 11 hour days. Plus working weekends.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dissapointed

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator  in  Miamisburg, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Miamisburg, OH (US)

Pros

Benefits pretty good, strong community involvement.

Cons

A 2% increase for an exceeds expectations review is discouraging at best. Sad to say they don't pay their employees what they are worth. Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in.

I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company.

Current Employee - Document Procurement Processor/Setup  in  Downers Grove, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Document Procurement Processor/Setup in Downers Grove, IL (US)

Pros

I started in 2009 and since then I've gone from my starting position to one that was created then back to my original position. I like working here because the salaries are competitive, the benefits are good and I love the people I work with as well as my boss. They have a 401K match, pension and various other great benefits. To be fair I am in an introductory position with no incentives which takes the pressure off, even though I still have to hit a quota. I work at the Downers Grove, IL location.

Cons

I am being let go from the company effective in September because the position that I was in was "eliminated" which I am still mad about. They promised that it would be a great career path to processing, then a year later, they got rid of it and the duties of the position were absorbed into another one. Other than that, like a lot of the other reviews on here, the most you can get as a salary increase with moving to another position is 10%. Other than that, I don't have any cons as this is the best company I have ever worked for. I am trying to find other employment right now before my severance date in September. They also have a very generous severance package which helps out a lot.

Don't offer a position that is going to be a gateway to another position then take it away. This has thrown my whole career out of whack and with it being such a tough time in the mortgage industry right now, I might not even be able to get another job in the industry. Salary increases should be higher especially when going from one department to another.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant  in  Wanaque, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Wanaque, NJ (US)

Pros

Love the people in this company! Management is always pushing me to go further in my career.

Cons

In-Store hours are a little strange...

It is a ever change place of business.

Current Employee - Credit Card Consultant  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Credit Card Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Pros

Time-off is great in the call center we have flex time where you can take time off without question and do things that you need to do. Vacation is wonderful and benefits are great except we no longer have PPO with the deductible. You get quarterly bonuses and that is based off your performance such as call time, adherence to schedule, quality call listening, and lastly customer survey ratings, and sales consultants get revenue credits. Promotions are competitive and you have to apply for them. You have plenty opportunity to move from one department to the next. Also the atmoshpere is friendly.

Cons

It is stressful as things are constantly changing to reflect federal and state regulations and also market needs. Some customer have a sense of entitlement about the banking relationship they have with PNC. The Leaderships varies based off who team you are on so switching teams means you can go from a boss with relaxed standards to someone who goes by the book 100%. Dress code sucks as I love my jogging pants and SIT FOR 8 hours. Also the CEO is a dumb he rarely answers the question that people ask during the call center meetings that happen about every 6 months.

More compenstation would be nice

The job is laid-back and a lot of freedom is given for an individual's work.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

Pros

There is a good work-life balance. The job provides flexibility. A lot of free reign on what to do with projects is given, though it can be interpreted as "lack of guidance/direction" depending on the person.

Cons

Perhaps some more development could be offered. The compensation is acceptable. Perhaps more responsibility and additional projects can be given to further challenge an individual.

Wish I had started on this track years ago!

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Decatur, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Decatur, IL (US)

Pros

Work-life balance, nice helpful friendly coworkers who are not gossips, branch manager that is fair and cares about work ethics.

Cons

Not any that are solo horrible to mention

Bring up more worthy and professional minorities and women up in the ranks of senior management. Don't be afraid to promote from within!

Good company, goal oriented

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

Exciting to be part of a team that was looking to grow within the community. Able to build the business as you see it should be built

Cons

none. They should continue to grow the company as they have identifying key locations that there is a need for true old school banking relationships

none

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!