PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.2 1,024 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance(in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management(in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea(in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in(in 21 reviews)

1,024 Employee Reviews

Great so far, depends on the manager as well

Associate Investment Advisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

Prosgreat work life balance, growth opportunities, nice working environment, great learning opportunities
    depends on the person as well, hard work does pay off

ConsPay is well below the industry average, technology is not upto the mark
    high turnover rate for employees. Finds it difficult to hold on to good talent. Probably because of lower pay than peers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to look into the pay system. It is a very competitive world out there.
    Have to evolve with time and stay upto the mark in terms of technology

Good company overall. Some upper management can be a pain, but it depends on what region you are in.

ProsHours, good team work, lots of room for moving up in the company

Conscompensation could be a little better

Lack of communication

Relationship Expander (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits are decent.

ConsWorkload can be extremely busy. Difficult to navigate the necessary computer programs in order to service the customer. Was told to assume the customer was a "fraudster" when calling in.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo touchy-feely. Every friday, employees got together and recognized something we were grateful for. While it was nice getting out 30 minutes early, I don't think it's necessary to promote the mindless ego-boost that usually ensued. Work on making it easier for the representatives to service the customer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CSA, Great Rewards, Low Stress

CSA/Switcher (Former Employee) Clarksville, IN (US)

ProsConsidering the push in sales in banking, PNC makes you feel as if you should only match products with what customers actually need, and that's something you can feel good about. Referrals are necessary, of course, but the incentive is awesome. I left for family. If not for that, there was great potential to advance. The KY/IN market has an exceptional team.

ConsNone of us particularly liked lobby engagement, which was policed by regionals. However, it really did make a difference when practiced properly- for safety and customer needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old workplace banking (pre-fall 2013 changes) was a great program, though maybe not practical for business with the old model, but sometimes offering the customer a great product trumps business sense in the long run. I saw a drop in my ability to sell premium products after the products changed.

Overall, corporate training program is definitely top-notch. Company is taking measures to improve working environment.

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsTraining was definitely a great positive along with exposure to various aspects of bank/corporate structure. Company believes in a work-life balance for its employees.

ConsDifficulty to move on to other positions. There are limited opportunities if management is not in support of what you want to do.

Good, conservative commercial bank.

Intern (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsYou probably don't have to worry about the firm going out of business given its conservative emphasis. The firm is all the fifth biggest commercial bank in the country, so it has the resources of a big bank. Nonetheless, it is much smaller than the biggest 4, so it has lots of room to grow, which can be exciting to be part of.

ConsCan be difficult to advance as many of the firm's top brass are external hires (i.e. Demchak).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit less bureaucratic.

pnc bank good place to work

Teller (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

Proswas ok to work at but a lot of over turns & selling of own position

Consnot to concerned about advancing in career which is what I'm looking for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of exposure, many leadership opportunities, solid place to work and start a career, most people are great/easy to work with

ConsSome employees aren't paid well, very competitive in the Chicago market because it is a growth market

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate employees for their talent, there is more talent within the company than you may think

A bank where the value of the service exceeds the price keeping the consumer happy

ProsThe people and the enviornment make for a productive yet still stimulating daily experience

ConsThere never seems to be enough time in the day...............

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to all input then make informed decisions

Slow promotions and raises

Anonymous (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsWork life balance. Supportive managers (mostly). Steady company. Setup to stay in the company for as long as you want

ConsIt's a grind... You can get promoted but not get a raise. You can only get promoted at a certain timeframe. Very very rigid in terms of red tape for all of this. You'll likely not be rewarded for hardwork, but rather rewarded for time with the company. (i.e. Many of the managers have been there for decades. They might not even have experience in what they're managing but they've stayed around long enough and progressed slow enough that they'll get a promotion before the hard working newbie does.)

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the hard-working younger talent. Give raises when they're due. Give raises when you give someone a promotion. Look outside salary grades and generic job descriptions when analyzing employees.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!