PGI
pricegregory.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

PGI Reviews

Updated Mar 08, 2014

Michael R. Langston

Good

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I worked at PGI full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary & Compensations, Culture, attitude

ConsLeadership, Directionless, No vision & Product

Difficult but you'll learn a ton and work with great people

I have been working at PGI full-time

ProsGreat company, best product on the market, great sales incentives

ConsVery tough market, it's a huge company but very little brand awareness so you have to definitely have well-crafted sales pitches

Quasi-Family Business, if you're related to the CEO...you have a secure job. If not......

Service Technician (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at PGI full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGrowing business, fast paced traditional and trend setting vending, current progressive product lines

ConsThe only long term employees are all related. Everyone else is expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the company 1st, clear out the top heavy all in the family management team down to the productive people and stop using PGI employment as a form of family welfare program at the cost of business.

Customer Service

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Clonakilty (Ireland)

I worked at PGI full-time

ProsI can't think of any Pros

ConsSC Manager that is never on the floor and has no idea what is going on. Constantly changing schedule (up to 7x a day). No rotating shifts, which means if you got stuck on a late shift, you will stay in this shift until someone new gets hired. Tiny pay. Call volumes of up to 80-100 calls a day per CS agent. At the same time you will respond to about 30-60 mails a day and you will be asked to take chats, even while you are on the phone with a customer. In addition to that, you will be pulled on conference calls up to 7 times a day. An ape house is a better alternative!

Advice to Senior Managementresign

Awful place to work anytime

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Billerica, MA (US)

I have been working at PGI full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople you work with are nice

ConsSuperiors are ridiculous, ask why you want to take a vacation day and what you'll be doing during that day off.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit, really.

Good team spirit, but confusion over where they're headed

I have been working at PGI

ProsGreat management, camaraderie, cool product.

ConsSwitching from telecom to software has its growing pains, including how to best reward salespeople for moving licenses.

Happy

DSP (Former Employee)
Dagupan, Pangasinan (Philippines)

I worked at PGI full-time for more than a year

ProsTo increase knowledge and experience

ConsAlways overtime and go home late

Seeking Interdepartmental Support

I have been working at PGI

ProsPro Benefits: The benefits package is good though the switching of providers from year to year has left some in the cold for dental coverage. Three weeks vacation for three years service is great. However, those who were hired under the provision of a third week of vacation granted on the anniversary of date of hire were not grandfathered in when the benefit changed to granting the third week on the next January of the third year of employment, resulting in a net loss of vacation days. Pro frequent gifts: appreciation gift certificates, baseball tickets, catered lunches.

ConsCon: Lack of communication between departments can feel like working in the dark. There is reluctance to take ownership of issues and a tendency to pass off issues as belonging to someone else's department. Con: last merit increases excluded those who had received increased compensation for a new position within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo avoid under compensating certain positions, those who worked hard to increase their value to the company by taking a different position and received entry level pay ought not to have been excluded from a merit increase. Avoid changing the benefit package under which an employee is hired unless the employee is grandfathered in under the previous provisions. Encourage employees to solve issues for the benefit of the company, rather than protect their departments, by rewarding acquistion of responsibility with increased compensation.

Worked for PGI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PGI reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PGI CEO Michael R. Langston. All 8 reviews are posted anonymously by PGI employees.