PFSweb Reviews

2.8

PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby
Michael Willoughby

Part Time Holiday Position

Former Employee - Internet Order Assister  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Internet Order Assister in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I came upon this job using an employment agency. I was told it would be 2 weeks around Thanksgiving with the option of a few days after Christmas. We got paid full fare for the training days, which was three 8 hour days.

Cons

Once we got live time on the floor, we had way too many people than calls coming in. We were only trained to assist people in placing internet orders, not customer service. I routinely would go up there for an 8 hour shift and be sent home after 45 minutes.

Don't waste 3 days training people on how to place internet orders. Identify what you need (customer service) and train the temp employees on handling those issues.

No where to go

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy job if you are just looking for steady income

Cons

No real skills are taught in training, and no growth

Provide better oppurtunites to grow within the company

Call Center is so disorganized, it's a joke.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb full-time

Pros

The location is great. Renassiance Tower is awesome place and easy for public transportation. It is pretty easy to move up in the company if you are liked. Benefits are great for the pay rate as well.

Cons

The call center is really unorganized. The protocol constantly changes and it is hard to provide exemplery customer service to the customer if you don't know what you are supposed to do for them. Additionally, there is a lot of favoritism among Team Leads and Supervisors. Promotions were not really selected based on the abilities of the agents. Also, duties would fall through the cracks due to laziness and incompetence among Supervisors, Team Leads and agents alike. This caused undue stress on the valued customers.

Please work on organizing the protocol and training agents on new information as soon as possible.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If not inner circle, don't plan on going anywhere

Former Employee - Program Management  in  Allen, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Program Management in Allen, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is good and have some fun activities like wellness program and social events. Good brands. Opportunity to learn quite a bit, just has to be on your own as there is no real training program for anyone. You get to work with some really good people.

Cons

If you are not someone who is in the inner circle, you will go nowhere. Some managers are really bad at gossiping and spend time talking about employees which is very inappropriate. The company puts so much stock into the college recruit program, other employees are often overlooked, even though they may have same credentials, education (or more) and more experience. Learn to build up your employees instead of tearing them down. Many managers are very poor communicators and don' t have much respect from those that work for them, although they are smart and know their job, they are not good managers. You will continue to lose employees as you have been, if you don't start respecting all your employees.

You need to put time into all your employees, not just the college recruits. Redefine qualifications for someone to be a manager, not just who is part of your friend circle or who senior managers like. You need leaders and a title of manager does not mean someone is a good leader. Maybe post positions internally so any employee interested has an opportunity to apply vs. just hand picking. Respect all ages of employees and it is time to stop being so cheap. Don't wait until someone quits to offer more compensation. Respect them while they are there.

Good starting point for a recent graduate to gain experience

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Allen, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Allen, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is small, things are personal, and large amounts of responsibility are delegated to starting-level employees. The company is very much a "go get it" mindset, meaning any and all training is self driven, and you will not be given anything on a silver plate. While this gives a lot of learning, it is not necessarily good for developing new employees, and results in huge amounts of variation between what employees do and learn, even within the same function/job title.

Cons

The company suffers from poor management throughout the company; there is no "path to success", ongoing developmental programs, or required reviews/feedback from management. The company does have a yearly review, however, there is no requirement for managers to abide by this, so tracking development is nearly impossible.
    With this in mind, the amount of work one puts in has nearly no direct impact upon one's development and salary, as it is entirely in the hands of your direct manager, who may or may not voice your impact to high management, who approve/discuss any potential promotions.
    The company does seem to have a habit of paying lower than market for both new and tenured employees, so keep this in mind when setting expectations.

The company is structured as follows in the US :
    Allen, TX - Corporate office
    Dallas, TX - Call Center office
    Memphis, TN - Distribution Center
    The company also has locations in Leige and Manila, however, they are on a smaller scale and perform differently.

One of the most meaningful jobs in my career!

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Allen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Allen, TX (US)

I have been working at PFSweb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting industry working with iconic brands, passionate people dedicated to the industry and an empowered culture where you get to drive your own destiny to success. It's impressive to see the growth and number of new logos added to the portfolio. Strong company core values that easily align with my own vision and commitment.

Cons

Great place to work if you like to be challenged and can think outside the box. For those needing significant structure and handholding, this may not be a good fit.

Promotion from within is a strong asset the company lives by. Building a strong foundation by investing in current talent should continue to be a focus for future growth.

Don't plan on making this a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in the Renaissance Tower in Downtown Dallas.

Cons

Time off policies are lame, not much growth after becoming a rep, you don't get to pick your schedule even after having seniority, no significant pay raises for all your upselling and hard work, no resources to truly be attentive to customers. The list can go on............

Hire individuals that have actually worked in the outside world under that campaign OR people who have managed in hospitality/reservations in the outside world. The people they hire for management look good on paper but don't truly know how to delegate.

Great First Job - Hit It and Quit It

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Allen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Allen, TX (US)

I have been working at PFSweb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent place to start a career. The environment is only semi-organized so it's small enough to make mistakes and learn how to be a professional, but large enough where you have exposure to how things should get done.

Cons

Highly political, not a place for most people to build a career. Many non-political people who choose to stay beyond five years are laid off when times get tight or their account goes away. It's basically a DOTCOM company that hoarded enough to cash to not be killed off. They've never returned capital to investors and they aren't about to start. Shareholders aren't active so senior management simply keeps the place afloat to extract high salaries. It's run like a private company. If you have the opportunity, ride the job out for a few years and learn, then go work for an actual productive enterprise. I would guess they'll be acquired purely for their portfolio of brands in the next decade, they're sitting on piles of cash they stole from the capital markets so they'll plug along for awhile but they won't do anything revolution (and if you don't make friends with the right VP they'll lay you off eventually).

You know what the scam is. Maybe eCost was a good idea right? No, uh, well lets have an interactive portfolio of... Seriously, are you kidding me? You're a distribution company, you should all be fired for the stock price (compare it now, even after a reverse split, to the IPO price) and replaced with people who aren't in on the skim.

Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't even give it one star.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Allen, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Allen, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The pro of being here is that you'd be lucky to only spend a couple hours in the building.

Cons

The office culture was harsh. It's a tight cubicle environment and people openly demean and yell at each other on the floor. Managers openly talk about their employees' performance.

Watch your managers and provide HR training. I was appalled by what I saw. Additionally, I've never been lied to, blatantly, to my face multiple times. Manager walks me up to my floor and tells me that I'm not going to last a week. It wasn't a joke.

It was a great company who serves a multitude of different companies it was a great place to work at.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at PFSweb full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ease of the training and people were great compliments to work there.

Cons

The complexity of some of the systems made it tough. Once learned it was a smooth transition.

Don't micromanage...

Worked for PFSweb? Contribute to the Community!