OpenText

www.opentext.com

OpenText Reviews in Chicago, IL US

OpenText President & CEO Mark J. Barrenechea

Mark J. Barrenechea

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance; some intelligent, hard-working colleagues(in 45 reviews)

• The work environment is one of the best I have experienced(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to be recognized for a promotion unless you are "pals" with the right people in Senior Management(in 13 reviews)

• Seeing some sudden change in direction from upper management(in 11 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awful company to be a sales rep

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsSorry I cannot think of any.

ConsTerrible leadership, zero focus on product innovation or integrating all the legacy products in the stack via acquisition, and the EIM thing is not a vision but a pipe dream that is totally divorced from the reality of the company's product portfolio. Halfway through this fiscal year, over 2/3 of the sales reps had sold less than $100K in total revenue and less than 10 reps were on pace to make quota. Yet somehow, the company keeps reporting earnings growth. Virtually every rep in the entire company is currently interviewing elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease explain how the company continues to report record earnings while over 90% of the sales force is under quota.

Who will save us ?

Product Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsLaid back work environment, freedom to learn.

Conslimited resources to actually perform / achieve any goals. Always seem to hit the wall early in projects. Never seem to quite get it done.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus focus focus.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!