Noble Energy Reviews

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson
Charles D. Davidson

No place for minorities

I worked at Noble Energy

Pros

Competitive salaries and benefits, good working peers.

Cons

There is a definite but unwritten rule not to hire, promote or retain minorities. A review of their staff would not only show that there is only one African American manager and not one of their African American employees, have been there for over five years. I actually made six, but after five and being promoted to a manager was literally demoted and then accused of poor performance, although the facts do not support the rhetoric. Two previous minorities that were there when I started, were released earlier.

Professional maturity is required of its senior management; still bigoted and fosters a "white only" atmosphere.

I Love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly employees, great schedule. Supervisors are very attentive and encourage employees to be promoted from within.

Cons

Technology can be a little challenging sometimes.

Great company to work for!

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Noble invests in people, provides with good career opportunities and understands that the key to their success is the close contact between senior management with employees, and leaving the door open for suggestions, constructive criticism and breakthrough ideas.

Cons

Very fast pace environment in the international BU... Very good for those up for the challenge, not so good if you are not too proactive.

As they grow and develop outside the US is vital for them to also incorporate non-US talent into their headquarters. It is always good to have a different point reference to help globalization plans.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best experiences I have had in my career!

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture and the opportunity to learn. I never feel as if I cannot go on vacation and when I do, I know my manager will be there to support me. The communication I have with my manager is constant and so our lines of communication are always open. This is MOST important to me particularly because my manager does not sit here.

It has also never been an issue to seek out training not offered by the company. This is important in order for me to expand my career and I couldn't be happier!

Finally, "Energizing the World, Bettering People's Lives" is Noble's motto and they stand behind it!

Cons

Technology is some what of a challenge at times.

Keep on communicating at all levels and Houston managers who do not visit often enough, visit more. Not an issue with my manager though!

Very positive experience at Noble Energy.

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Noble Energy as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The employees were very nice. The management teams that I worked with were also very nice. They are a very strong Oracle Shop and try to stay up to date with the latest technology.

Cons

n/a. I will not say anything bad about the place as I would go back there if given an opportunity.

Allow a few work from home days. The employees are all great and should be able to telecommute whenever they have special situations going on. It takes some employees over a hour and a half to get into the office.

Good, but not great...

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Noble Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very personable managers.
    Lots of room for growth.

Cons

I think the environment can sometimes be a little to "lax" ... I like to have a more structured environment with clear direction from my manager.
    I also think that their IT department is not on the right track ... The answer is NOT to see how many third party companies we can use!

Lloyd Noble would be embarrassed of this business unit.

Current Employee - Title  in  Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Title in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money. That's really all I can say. Money and Benefits

Cons

Arrogant managers, key personnel with lack of applicable experience. Some of the long time employees demonstrate what this business unit should be. Every time upper management comes to town it's a dog and pony show.

Smoke and mirrors only go so far. Teach a class on ETHICS since 90 percent of the people here lack them.

It's only a matter of time before it implodes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any...

Cons

No management structure whatsoever. It's a kindergartener operated by the babysitter while the parents are on a high profile vacation in Houston. It's on a matter of time until the wheels come off.

Stop promoting people from Marietta, Colorado or your "buddies" and consider the people who are actually doing the hard work and not just crying about it.

lots of opportunity to make things happen

I have been working at Noble Energy

Pros

lots of management face time, fast paced, top management gives some thought about employees, financially well managed, opportunity for advancement as company grows

Cons

IT very inefficient and can make getting work done frustrating. But, management would rather put money into employee bomuses than top notch IT

watch out for brewing turf wars between biz units

Contractor for 6 months.

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Contractor in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not any that I could see.

Cons

Very political environment. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and they don't care. They don't care if one department is over budget by millions. The employees seem to hate their jobs and do not even say Hi to people. There does not seem to be any "Team work" at all. People who have been there a long time have titles that are not earned and their position certainly is not respected. They need to do a management overhaul, especially in the Denver office. Paying a larger salary does not mean people will be happy.

Practice your leadership skills, if you actually have them. Plant some strong people in the Denver office and see what they are doing and how they are treating people. Noble office in Denver is giving O&G as BAD name in Colorado! For goodness sake, give a snow day when it is needed, no sense in putting people in danger when they can work at home just as efficiently.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!