Noble Energy

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

I Love it!

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly employees, great schedule. Supervisors are very attentive and encourage employees to be promoted from within.

ConsTechnology can be a little challenging sometimes.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNoble invests in people, provides with good career opportunities and understands that the key to their success is the close contact between senior management with employees, and leaving the door open for suggestions, constructive criticism and breakthrough ideas.

ConsVery fast pace environment in the international BU... Very good for those up for the challenge, not so good if you are not too proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs they grow and develop outside the US is vital for them to also incorporate non-US talent into their headquarters. It is always good to have a different point reference to help globalization plans.

One of the best experiences I have had in my career!

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsCulture and the opportunity to learn. I never feel as if I cannot go on vacation and when I do, I know my manager will be there to support me. The communication I have with my manager is constant and so our lines of communication are always open. This is MOST important to me particularly because my manager does not sit here.

It has also never been an issue to seek out training not offered by the company. This is important in order for me to expand my career and I couldn't be happier!

Finally, "Energizing the World, Bettering People's Lives" is Noble's motto and they stand behind it!

ConsTechnology is some what of a challenge at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on communicating at all levels and Houston managers who do not visit often enough, visit more. Not an issue with my manager though!

Lloyd Noble would be embarrassed of this business unit.

Title (Current Employee)
Canonsburg, PA (US)

ProsMoney. That's really all I can say. Money and Benefits

ConsArrogant managers, key personnel with lack of applicable experience. Some of the long time employees demonstrate what this business unit should be. Every time upper management comes to town it's a dog and pony show.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmoke and mirrors only go so far. Teach a class on ETHICS since 90 percent of the people here lack them.

Good, but not great...

IT Intern (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Noble Energy as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery personable managers.
Lots of room for growth.

ConsI think the environment can sometimes be a little to "lax" ... I like to have a more structured environment with clear direction from my manager.
I also think that their IT department is not on the right track ... The answer is NOT to see how many third party companies we can use!

It's only a matter of time before it implodes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Canonsburg, PA (US)

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsI can't think of any...

ConsNo management structure whatsoever. It's a kindergartener operated by the babysitter while the parents are on a high profile vacation in Houston. It's on a matter of time until the wheels come off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people from Marietta, Colorado or your "buddies" and consider the people who are actually doing the hard work and not just crying about it.

Very positive experience at Noble Energy.

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Noble Energy as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe employees were very nice. The management teams that I worked with were also very nice. They are a very strong Oracle Shop and try to stay up to date with the latest technology.

Consn/a. I will not say anything bad about the place as I would go back there if given an opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow a few work from home days. The employees are all great and should be able to telecommute whenever they have special situations going on. It takes some employees over a hour and a half to get into the office.

Contractor for 6 months.

Contractor (Former Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for less than a year

ProsNot any that I could see.

ConsVery political environment. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and they don't care. They don't care if one department is over budget by millions. The employees seem to hate their jobs and do not even say Hi to people. There does not seem to be any "Team work" at all. People who have been there a long time have titles that are not earned and their position certainly is not respected. They need to do a management overhaul, especially in the Denver office. Paying a larger salary does not mean people will be happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice your leadership skills, if you actually have them. Plant some strong people in the Denver office and see what they are doing and how they are treating people. Noble office in Denver is giving O&G as BAD name in Colorado! For goodness sake, give a snow day when it is needed, no sense in putting people in danger when they can work at home just as efficiently.

lots of opportunity to make things happen

I have been working at Noble Energy

Proslots of management face time, fast paced, top management gives some thought about employees, financially well managed, opportunity for advancement as company grows

ConsIT very inefficient and can make getting work done frustrating. But, management would rather put money into employee bomuses than top notch IT

Advice to Senior Managementwatch out for brewing turf wars between biz units

Don't Expect to Move up the Ladder in Supply Chain quickly

Procurement Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will wear a lot of hats and have a lot of responsibility.

ConsNoble is very old school - they hesitate in promoting their own people.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Noble Energy Videos

Noble Energy – Why Work for Us?

Noble Energy, Inc. is a leading independent energy company with a track record of success, a sound strategy for the future and a variety of unique and challenging careers. With a global scope and broad-based operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Energy reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Noble Energy CEO Charles D. Davidson. All 38 reviews are posted anonymously by Noble Energy employees.