Nitro

Nitro Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Nitro CEO Sam Chandler

Sam Chandler

Work with a great crew of positive people on cool projects.

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Growth.

ConsChaotic at times within projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building us!

No place to work.

ProsThey spend money to get you drunk often.

ConsNo clue what they are doing and leaders are not experienced enough to be in their positions.

Interview process for Enterprise AE Role

Account Executive (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsProcess was very straightforward and I was kept up to date about what was happening and next steps in the process at all times. Everyone who I dealt with was an ambassador for the company and the energy and positivity was most certainly a reason for my accepting the offer

ConsNone as such however it was quite a long process although reassuringly so. Really looking forward to getting started in Nitro!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Why come here?

ProsNothing to report at all.

ConsNeeds help to keep going.

Nitro - Setting new benchmarks everywhere

ProsNitro is, quite simply, like no other. From the very first moment of the interview process you are introduced to the unique and colourful company spirit. Work hard, play hard. If you believe in what you do and you are looking for an opportunity to grow and advance, then this is the place for you.

ConsThat's a good question... I don't have one.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the magic!

All companies need to take a lead from Nitro

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNitro is unlike any other. It challenges itself constantly...mediocrity is not an option. As a disruptor and a challenger brand, Nitro aims for the stars and empowers its employees to reach even higher.

The organisation trusts its employees to deliver on its objectives and gives those individuals and groups all the support and tools needed not only to achieve those, but go beyond that.

Sure the perks are great, but what Nitro delivers in terms of job satisfaction is more important than a few nice lunches a week, an endless supply of alcohol and gym subsidies.

I have been around a while and I have always measured the effectiveness of an organisation, to be how people walk into work everyday. At Nitro people walk into work in with a smile and it stays there all day.

Nitronauts are a proud bunch...so they should be, we are building something really special here!

ConsYou have to search far and wide to find negatives around here.

The opportunity of a lifetime

Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsExceptional workplace culture. They really do make you feel like a member of the team, like you are part of the family - I know this sounds clichéd, but it really is that good. Lots of employee perks (24/7 beer fridge, breakfast / lunch provided, discount gym memberships, etc.).

Your work is always highly valued, your opinions always matter. Reasonably flat heirachy. Lots of freedom in roles (within reason) and opportunity for career growth.

ConsNot as many annual reviews as I would have preferred, some disconnects between different departments (due to time-zone differences and locations) lead to a bit of isolation at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the Nitronaut spirit!

Why Not grow with the best

ProsAmazing people, great atmosphere that promotes growth and a collaboration of ideas. All of the upper level team is easily accessible whom make you feel welcome and greet you with a smile. The company is growing, yet small enough to get some hands on experience in a number of positions. Catered lunches are great, a fridge and shelves stacked with any snack you may wish for; and if not available it will be ordered. Those things are all great, but what makes it truly amazing are the handpicked teams and the 'work hard' 'play hard' environment that has been created. It's not everyday where you can have a meeting, build a product, and have a drink all while laughing at random stories from Australia, reenactments of scavenger hunts, random acts of silliness; all while feeling like you have been a part of the group from the beginning.

ConsIf you are not used to a fast paced environment then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look to your current staff and harness their talents while continuing to bring in individuals that will enhance the culture.

Never want to work anywhere else

Nitro Man (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat working environment - able to spread your wings and make a difference.
    Friendly co-workers, love a beer with a work hard, play hard attitude.
    It's been an amazing ride since joining.

ConsI've been here for awhile and there are the occasional frustrations but having worked at numerous Companies before this they pale into comparison. There are enough great people to speak to and work through anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Working a treat so far.

Is there a negative star rating option?

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsAlcohol on premise to numb the pain of having to work at this sweat shop.

ConsDon't be fooled by the glowing reviews. Nitro had their administrative assistants and their internal recruiters write all the positive reviews to lure in more suckers. By having an artificially high star rating its easier for the internal recruiters to get more candidates to interview and accept positions they will ultimately regret 1 month after starting work.

They fire people often here, high turnover. Micromanaging.

Very cramped work spaces. No promoting from within. Unrealistic goals driven by an out of touch executive team. Long hours, no working from home. Taking time off is strongly discouraged.

Micromanaging.

Their tagline: No B*llsh#*. Real tagline: All B*llsh#*!

Did I mention micromanaging?

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and make changes before the mass exodus out of Nitro begins.

Worked for Nitro? Contribute to the Community!