Niagara Bottling Reviews

Updated 30 April, 2015
72 reviews filtered by
3.3
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Work Hard / Play Hard Culture, Challenging But Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced company that moves quickly and is growing at a rapid pace (30+% a year for the past decade.) There are lots of opportunities for internal promotions and professional development. Managers expect a lot out of their employees. The company is 100% family owned and the owners are still involved in the business and there is a family culture, even though the business has grown dramatically. There are lots of training opportunities and rotational programs for employee development.

Cons

- The corporate office is crowded, with parking becoming a big problem.
    - Benefits could be better
    - The culture is not for everyone. People coming from larger companies tend to have a hard time adapting to the pace.
    - Many departments are under staffed leading to resource constraints

Niagara Bottling Response

Mar 30, 2015

Really fair assessment. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and while growth is excellent, it does come with some growing pains, as exampled by some of your cons.

Great place to work at!

Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Fast-paced and competitive environment. Great culture.
    * Privately owned company that has a large corporate feel to it.
    * Working with top talents in the Manufacturing / Supply Chain industry
    * Very little bottle neck in decisions making process.
    * Never a boring day at work; very busy working on new projects.
    * Challenging career, great place to develop professionally and play with the latest cutting edge technology.
    * Niagara Bottling is heavily involved with children charity work.
    * Water sales!!!
    * 4 - cappuccino machines

Cons

* Parking and work spaces have been harder to find. (Not a bad thing, just challenging .... the company has been growing between 20-35% in the last 10 years)
    * Flat organization
    * Internal communication can definitely need some improvement; it will only get worst as we double and triple in size in the next 2-3 years.

Advice to Management

* Under staff .... need to hire more help so you team may have a better balance of life during the peak season.

Best place for career growth

Current Employee - Equipment Audit Manager in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Equipment Audit Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Rapid growth environment
    2. New challenges and new projects
    3. Great chances of career growth due to rapid company expansion
    4.work environment is friendly and people are helpful to each other
    5. skills are appropriately rewarded
    6. Good mix of young and experienced professionals

Cons

Due to rapid growth in the company, quick decisions are made, which sometimes affects the planning, but the company is making strong efforts to bring stability into every process.

5. A very big and fast-paced organization with the benefits of a family company.

Current Employee - Leadership Development Program in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Program in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Great people, fast paced environment, a lot of opportunities for professional growth and development. At Niagara you create your own path.

Cons

Sink - or - swim environment.

6. Manager

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment where everyone is encouraged to learn and find answers. IMHO Apptitude and attitude are key determining factors in hiring in many corporate and leadership areas. Skills can mostly be taught but Niagara culture is very important and not being a good fit would just set someone up for failure because it is a fast paced organization. Senior Management is very focused on healthy growth and all acknowledge that people are center to our success.

Cons

Across many plant locations there seems to be a disconnect on the overall successes. We can do better at central communications from corporate to every level of the organization.

Advice to Management

Although transparency is important and a key environment for success of our business initiatives, an arguement could be made that even more transparency would inspire more of our team members in all our locations.

7. Plant Operations Supervisor

Current Employee - Plant Operations Supervisor in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Plant Operations Supervisor in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The family culture facilitated by the owners is present throughout the company. Employees are appreciated and there is not a focus on making shareholders happy, rather the focus is on doing what is best for the organization and it's people. The culture and hiearchy is very flat, high level leaders are accessible and approachable, promoting self-intiaitive and idea-sharing.

Cons

Most of the issues are related to the speed and pace of growth in recent years. Parking can be difficult, corproate office space is at a premium with not enough rooms for all teams to be in the same building. The challenge will be for the company to maintain the family-oriented culture while becoming much larger and spread out in the coming years.

8. I will never leave this company!

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, great teamwork, opportunities for advancement, lots of transfers to other departments and it's encouraged that you learn as much as you can about the company. I feel appreciated and rewarded on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes our "low cost leader" perspective can trump quality and there are some people who are completely not equipped to be in the jobs they are in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, grow with a quality focus.

9. Compliance Administrative Associate

Current Employee - Compliance Administrative Associate in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Compliance Administrative Associate in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall great place to work, friendly people and growing company. You gain a lot of knowledge from this company because it has so many departments. Niagara has great benefits for 401K, Dental, health, long term dis. and vision. They also offer side benefits like health GAP and a pet health discount card.

Cons

Long hours during the busy season and no employee college reimbursement program.

Advice to Management

Better training plan for new hires, when I was hired I needed more training that I had to ask for. It was taken care of but I think it shouldn't need to be requested.

10. Fast paced, educational, environmentally friendly, family friendly and rewarding.

Current Intern - Technical Engineering Manager in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Intern - Technical Engineering Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Niagara provides the needed support to help you succeed in whatever role you decide to take-on through management coaching or Niagara U to name a few. The company also invest heavily in reducing its environmental footprint where it matters most and will have the biggest impact, in this case the container and its packaging. The managers also take special care to balance work and family life as this has been my experience for the past 11 months. Although I have had some bad experiences, the number of good rewarding experiences after having completed my objectives far outweighs the negative. In short, Niagara is good company with much to offer for those who can act on it.

Cons

Although Niagara does a good job of reducing its environmental footprint by light-weighting and reducing packaging it does not do well of educating the public on how it can help or be part of the recycling effort. We should make them feel, the customer, as part of our team so our product remains solid going into the future.

11. Notice How Many Positive Reviews Recently

Current Employee - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a job.......
    I have health insurance (very expensive)
    I work with a few really great people

Cons

Do not believe false ratings about this company. Look back in earlier reviews if you want to know how people really feel about working at Niagara. Most of the recent reviews that Niagara is now commenting on are coming out of California where the corporate office is located. Imagine that! Trying to get their company ratings up maybe?

Advice to Management

I have seen good people get passed over for jobs and given to management favorites. This is no way to treat your employees and make them want to stay with this company. To reduce turnover this company needs to be ran with more integrity and less like a popularity contest.