Nestlé

Nestlé Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke

Paul Bulcke

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent, pretty laid back at retail level(in 17 reviews)

• Extremely healthy work environment between peers, co-workers, and superiors(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • My manager ( not married) has a different sense of work life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Poor career management with too much time spent in networking to get next position(in 7 reviews)

a nice company to work for, but they need to step up their game to be successful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgenerally good work/life balance, nice culture, generally decent pay and benefits, global company with large brands

Consmediocre/poor people stay and end up getting promoted; extremely slow in making decisions; lack of innovation (tends to launch me-too products), lack of support for brands, many people in senior positions do not deserve the salaries they are making

Advice to Senior Managementpromote people based on their work and skill set, not who they know; invest more in marketing

Co-op at Nestle Waters, Guelph

Continuous Improvement Student (Former Employee) Guelph, ON

ProsHaving employing pricing on every Nestle product. You have to go to one of their Nestle stores to buy stuff. All the operators there are very friendly and helpful. You will have a great time working with them!

ConsPay is really low, and you are on salary. So it means they can make you work tons of overtime without paying you. The management team there is very disorganized. You are always pressured to perform.

Great working culture

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGreat colleagues who are very nurturing and willing to spend time to teach. I was given autonomy to carry out my projects and responsibilities

ConsMany layers of approval, probably due to the nature of the product and the brand I was working on

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chisinau (Moldova)

Pros- Great team
    - Good office
    - Competitive salary
    - Social benefits

Cons- Not enough trainings
    - No career opportunities

Advice to Senior Management- To invest more in trainings and education of the staff

Nestle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Marysville, OH (US)

Pros- Tension rises by floor, so try to get a job on the first floor.
    - Most people are nice to work with.

Cons- Confidentiality regulations make interdepartmental communication and collaboration difficult
    - One part of the building is almost always being renovated and no one is ever really sure why.
    - Contractors aren't treated as nice as full-time employees.

a family outside

Sales Officer (Current Employee) Ghaziabad (India)

Prostraining, opportunites, culture and values

Conscompensation is little less, which can be increased

Advice to Senior Managementso far so good

Stability but small salaries

Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) Lviv (Ukraine)

ProsGood place for personal growth, trainings, leadership skills improvement.
    Good place to start work for young people

ConsSalaries even for experienced specialists are inadequatly too small for local countries.
    Higher managament very often doesn't understand specifics of markets
    Huge utilization of plastics - possible bad influence on ecology

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on real market needs
    Better HR policies
    More focus on ecology and image of company instead of profits

Exhausting

District Sales Leader (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were great, the work kept you busy and the ability to own what you do was fabulous.

ConsLow pay for the work you do, advancement is based on relationships not your body of work and the expectations are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and give all internal employees the ability to interview for open positions that they qualify for.

It was a learning as well as knowledge building experience, as I impacted positively on all the Regions i worked al

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Abia, Cross River (Nigeria)

ProsYou can bring your own initiatives to work and there are laid down procedures to follow, but you can be assured of been able to take calculated risk to grow the business.

ConsPromotions is not always based on merit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost employee that leaves the company alwys do so based on frustration on the job. So this muct be honestly looked into to stop capital flight on a continous basis.

Very friendly and motivating environment. Result focused employees.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Vevey (Switzerland)

ProsGenerally, I like the way employees are treating each other. They normally quite engaged to result achievement while being friendly.

ConsSometimes it's difficult to find a real decision maker and the one committed to take responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more on sustainability topics.

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!