NORDAM

Updated Jul 07, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Meredith Siegfried

I loved my job with NORDAM.

Procurement (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsThe people. Benefits. United Way.
    The people still there are awesome and help each other with work and personal things.

ConsLay offs even though you are one of the dedicated stakeholders. Keeping people that are not dedicated over those that are.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit laying the good people off.

Great people, great leadership doing great things!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people and the atmosphere.

ConsSome can be vindictive or hard to get along with but the majority are confident and pleasant to be around.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not qualified to be giving advise to professional managers.

Great for getting experience

Technical Intern (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsThe people are friendly and helpful. One perk is that there are half-day on every Friday. There's usually not any overtime. Hours are pretty flexible as long as you put in the 40 for the week.

ConsIt doesn't seem like that great of a place for moving up. The family holds all of the top positions. It's somewhat restrictive on personal career progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake positions more known instead of just using word of mouth. It keeps good talent from moving up and it makes younger people avoid staying long term.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots to learn (Intern)

Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGreat team of engineers, lots to learn from

Conslimited career progression, limited scope for full time job

Great experience, bad management

Repair Development Engineer (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Proswork-life balance, good colleagues, own time management,

Consbad management, no system, messy

Advice to Senior Managementwake up the idea

Great Family Company with good expectation in aerospace enviroment

Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsGood benefit, the work expectation are well, good peoples in facilities,

ConsWorker with capabilities can create better performing if they can be in charge of any project . Therefore, the department will be integrated accurately.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can created better atmosphere for the new talents workers to be in charge of any project . Consequently, the department will be integrated accurately exceeding the company expectations.

Hard working people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFilled with great people who work hard to meet goals. The training department delivers quality classes to help further your skills.

ConsWork-life balance was hard to achieve within this fast-paced-do-it-better-than-everyone-else industry.

I had a great time and learnt a lot

Quality Engineer-Intern (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsFriendly employees. Good Work life balance(fixed working hours, OT rare) Good training conducted for employees for future career development

ConsLower pay compared to competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Used to be a Great company to work for

(Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsMost Employees treat each other like family and work to help each other out especially in a time of personal crisis. Worked with a lot of really great people.
    Oportunity to learn alot about the aerospace industry and make contacts across the globe

ConsIn recent years the turn over in management has brought in many folks just looking to make it to retirement. They did not care about doing the right things, nor did they care about their employees. Proper training and tools to do your job is difficult to come by. Work-life balance is non-existant, especially for anyone in support staff positions. Also Managers are not interested in accountablity nor giving credit where it is due. Considering the aviation industry is so regulated, I cannot believe the pass the audits they do, especially when error and mistakes are made daily and no one in management ever works to correct the root problem.
    Could be a first class company again if 'real' managers were employed, most presently don't have a clue what is going on or what needs to be done to fix it.
    I never have understood how a manager could support their people when they don't have a single clue what their people do or are supposed to do.
    When you can't 'walk' in their shoes - how can you lead them?

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you dump all the work onto your 'star' workers, they just become burned out! That has been evident in the last year with several very good people passing from stress related illnesses.
    Quit worry about the bottom line and start focusing on Quality of work and Quality of Life.
    Do the right thing all the time and everything else will fall into place!
    *Bill Peacher has not been the CEO for many years. The current CEO is a Siegfried family member

Ended too soon.

ProsLoved the work. Kind of political.

ConsHas a tendency to over hire, then lay off. I was caught up in that.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter staff planning.

Worked for NORDAM? Contribute to the Community!