NCO Financial

Updated 17 September, 2014
2.5

NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer
Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Working from home is a definite plus (in 4 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised (in 5 reviews)

• When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Crappy Pay, lots of work

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to get hired, nothing else really.

Cons

Terrible pay, terrible environment, did I mention terrible pay?

Very good

Current Employee - Debt Colector  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Debt Colector in Montreal, QC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good salary Good enviRoment Good bosses

Cons

Stress bug not hiñó more

Keep the Good job

Working a lot, but have no money

I worked at NCO Financial full-time

Pros

Some of the people who worked there were okay.

Cons

The job itself, anyone you call just yells at you for frequency of calls.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The McDonald's of the Call Centre Industry

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at NCO Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can get consistently 40 hours of work per week, and their health insurance plan isn't too bad. Fellow employees are friendly and nice to work with.

Cons

Never ending turnover in Management. High burnout and turnover among employees. Boring and Repetitive job. They need to have managers who are willing to stay in the position and help improve the organization.

Try doing more for your employees, like increasing pay and providing more incentives.

easy

Current Employee - Fraud Agent  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Fraud Agent in Montreal, QC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

smooth and easy, nice people, no experience required

Cons

little money, but flexible hours and good as a start

a phone job, no stress or pressure

Former Employee - Collections Representative  in  Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

very good company and managment as well

Cons

11 to 12$ per hour, not for men jobs, its for women

Try to stay away from this place!

Current Employee - Fraud Agent  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Fraud Agent in Montreal, QC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Some of the people working there are great, mostly immigrants trying to find a way through this tough province.
    -Cheap parking ($50 / month).
    - Easily accessible by public transit.

Cons

-Awful Awful Awful management, supervisors and HR (you will see them only on the day of your interview).
    -Very poor salary, and you will not see monthly bonuses if you are not one of the "favorites".
    -Disgusting place full of wrecked chairs that will hurt your back.
    -Some time you will see alive and dead bed bugs.
    -Magic word (JDS "Job Description Summery"), which is a written warning, 3 of them and you are toasted.
    -If you are sick and wants to leave, you can bring a doctor's note so the day will not be considered as absence (stay you will not get paid for those hours), if your kid/spouse/parent is sick, you can't!!
    -A lot more than what is listed above unfortunately.

Place is collapsing anyways, reputation is very bad, clients and employees are running away.
    Only one advice to management: What goes around comes back around.

Working at Nco was something that I did not enjoy as an employee

Former Employee - TSR  in  Sarnia, ON
    Former Employee - TSR in Sarnia, ON

I worked at NCO Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fellow collegues were the best part of this company

Cons

little to no help on the phone
    constant yelling from consumers

help your fellow collegue

NCO is horrible

Current Employee - Collector
    Current Employee - Collector

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

NONE I Cannot think of one good thing to say about working at NCO apart from the fact my coworkers made my days easier.

Cons

Everything- They do not value their employees. To Managers you are just a number. They will work you to your grave

A terrible, sterile environment with zero morale or respect for newcomers

Current Employee - Capitol One Accounts Assist  in  Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Capitol One Accounts Assist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Two of the managers I could name do have a little spirit and humor, and realize you're a human being, not a drone. They are gravely outnumbered.

Cons

Personally, I'm shocked I might be the first to write this up. It really is a depressing, ghetto, and mindless environment that breeds conflict on the work floor and transgresses onto the people they are calling. This place is a sterile, lifeless, and unchallenging as they come, and above all, will test your sanity due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One (who hire NCO to handle their affairs) in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO.

Turning to talk to your neighbor? Reprimanded. Browsing Google search result lists (the only internet access not blocked, as all other sites are blocked)? Reprimanded. More than once and you're written up and sent home. What do they expect people to do in a chair in front of a monitor and there is no work? You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called several times for the day and can't leave more than one voice message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say.

All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F. And forget your spine health.... There's a common war for a good chair to sit in as many are busted, leaning, and stuffing torn out... NCO is too cheap to accommodate their employees with appropriate CHAIRS even, let alone locker space to match the employee count (several people leave their valuables open for theft, which happens often, because they cannot find a free locker and also can't have their things on them while working).

I'm not a dramatic person but seriously.... all they need are whips and shackles to complete the picture. If you'd like to better understand the mammoth amount of civilian complaints against this company that circulate online, regarding annoying calls and harassment, then you need only WORK HERE and see for yourself... the poor workers have NO ONE ELSE TO CALL, for weeks at a time, NOTHING THEY'RE ALLOWED ELSE TO DO. NOTHING BUT SIT AND HOPE FOR WORK. Capitol One and other clients are getting ripped off blind by paying NCO to handle their work.

Get a reality check. You're hiring people, not zombies. Be honest, not leading on and lying, about advancement opportunities. Make work more available or don't hire at all. At the very least offer part-time positions if the full-time is THIS unproductive. Not sure if that's about tax breaks or what, but mismanagement is synonymous with NCO Montreal. The managers don't even respect the place, and it transpires onto the employees.

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!