NCH Reviews

Updated 16 September, 2014
Updated 16 September, 2014
3.1

Irvin L. Levy

Well established company, been around for many years, stable. You could have a career here.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Certified Labs, a NCH division. They provided extensive training, and support for me and the rest of the sales team. Management is really respectful, and do a pretty good job. Pay can be decent if you're willing to break your back everyday.

Cons

NCH's umbrella of companies creates a conflicting battle for business which is absolutely pointless! Literally the same exact products with different labels, and multiple reps in the same area. This is such a pain to deal with. Expense compensation is TERRIBLE. With all of the gifts they want you to buy clients and potential clients, and the gas and car damage from driving everywhere, the $200 a month is an absolute joke. Also, the industry in which you'll be working is dirty.

Be prepared to work this job from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed at night. Organizing all of your leads, clients, etc etc, while processing orders (yep, you have to do that too), when you get home from work, you'll spend 3 hours on the computer and then your day is completely gone.

This company makes an extreme amount of money each year. Show some love to your reps in the field who drive their own vehicles almost 50,000 miles a year. Find a more efficient way for reps to enter orders. iPads would make sense. Boom, you place the order right there! Listen up management!

Unprofessional HR department and overrated word of mouth about company

Current Employee - IT Position  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - IT Position in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you can get in and deal with management then you might be ok.

Cons

Leave applicants hanging for long periods of time then when they finally turn down applicants they say they are going with more qualified applicants but I have a friend in the company that says they usually fill from within or with cheaper applicants to save money.

If you are going to turn down qualified applicants at least have the decency to be truthful and let them know you never intended to hire someone from the outside, you only posted the position because you had to in order to fill it with a pre-selected internal applicant. Sending out a standard email stating that you are going with more qualified applicants without even looking at the resume or qualifications is bad business.

Lack of strategic clarity/alignment. Limited upward mobility.

I worked at NCH

Pros

Pleasant work environment, fitness center.

Cons

Poor overall communication between management and mid-managers. Lack of clarity and alignment around corporate strategic goals. Limited transparency around corporate problems/challenges inhibits ability to resolve them cross-functionally. Industry is in decline.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

administrative assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful strip views, opportunity for growth, great humble hard working co-workers. This truly is a great company to work for. There is nothing better when loving your job. Not only is the company outstanding but so are the people. Its a pleasure to work for such a great team!

Cons

No Cons! We work Mon- Fri 8-5

Management allows you to grow with the company and you get the opportunity to learn so much!

Run For Your Life - Certified Labs, Mantek, Chemsearch, Parts Master ect....

Current Employee - Sales, BDM  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales, BDM in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do sell good quality products

Cons

Management and corporate structure is a joke. They promise the world and don't deliver on anything. They will not give you the pay that you were told or contracted to receive.

Kill yourself.

Its golden cage

Current Employee - Sourcing Engineer  in  Vadodara (India)
    Current Employee - Sourcing Engineer in Vadodara (India)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some higher management people are good
    The treats are good
    Nice cross culture experience

Cons

Rampant politics at top management
    No long term security
    The vision is poor and immediate
    More emphasis on short term goal rather then organic growth

People are asset, not just slaves
    Have holistic and patient approach to market

Unprofessional treatment of potential job candidates

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Great way to polish up on phone interview and practice face to face interview

Cons

Hear how you are treated like family, blah blah.. Do not have common courtesy to contact you or respond to status of interview. Met with 2 people that couldn t consistently answer questions regarding compensation.

Do not leave people hanging in the wind. If you have chosen another candidate then at least send email. Ignoring is very unprofessional

bad bad company to work for- management and HR at RPG

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at NCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

the salary was the good about not good benefits

Cons

very very bad management and HR owner do not seem to care of what is going on in RPG

quit, and let some one else to run it

If you want to work with inexperienced telephone sales people with lots of turn over, well this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Account Represnetative  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Represnetative in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back working atmosphere in the telephone sales department - certified labs, chemsearch, etc
    No actual quota, just get some sales during the week and they leave you alone, get off early on Fridays alot.

Cons

They give the good account to the new people to fool them into thinking it is an easy job to make commissions, pay is so low you cannot survive, if you good in the sales dept they do not want to move you out of it.

None

NCH is an amazing company to work for! We made the INC 500/5000 list this year!

Current Employee - Director  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NCH is a very focused and growth oriented company with extra attention on developing new partnerships. We've made the INC 500/5000 list for exceptional growth by focusing on delivering the WOW to our employees and clients. We've partnered with some of the most reputable companies in America and continue build on those partnerships. The founder, Cort W. Christie, is a very dedicated professional that really cares about his business, clients and employees. Cort makes every attempt to make the climate fun and family oriented through the NCH Fun Squad! I'm very proud to be a part of such a great organization and look forward to a long career here!

Cons

We're not perfect! We're constantly working to improve our systems and "Deliver the WOW" to our clients. We fall short occasionally, but we care enough to do something about it. We're always looking for talented individuals to take us to that next level.

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!