NCH

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Irvin L. Levy

Unprofessional HR department and overrated word of mouth about company

IT Position (Current Employee)
Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you can get in and deal with management then you might be ok.

ConsLeave applicants hanging for long periods of time then when they finally turn down applicants they say they are going with more qualified applicants but I have a friend in the company that says they usually fill from within or with cheaper applicants to save money.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to turn down qualified applicants at least have the decency to be truthful and let them know you never intended to hire someone from the outside, you only posted the position because you had to in order to fill it with a pre-selected internal applicant. Sending out a standard email stating that you are going with more qualified applicants without even looking at the resume or qualifications is bad business.

administrative assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful strip views, opportunity for growth, great humble hard working co-workers. This truly is a great company to work for. There is nothing better when loving your job. Not only is the company outstanding but so are the people. Its a pleasure to work for such a great team!

ConsNo Cons! We work Mon- Fri 8-5

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement allows you to grow with the company and you get the opportunity to learn so much!

Its golden cage

Sourcing Engineer (Current Employee)
Vadodara (India)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than a year

ProsSome higher management people are good
The treats are good
Nice cross culture experience

ConsRampant politics at top management
No long term security
The vision is poor and immediate
More emphasis on short term goal rather then organic growth

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are asset, not just slaves
Have holistic and patient approach to market

Unprofessional treatment of potential job candidates

I have been working at NCH

ProsGreat way to polish up on phone interview and practice face to face interview

ConsHear how you are treated like family, blah blah.. Do not have common courtesy to contact you or respond to status of interview. Met with 2 people that couldn t consistently answer questions regarding compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not leave people hanging in the wind. If you have chosen another candidate then at least send email. Ignoring is very unprofessional

bad bad company to work for- management and HR at RPG

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at NCH full-time for less than a year

Prosthe salary was the good about not good benefits

Consvery very bad management and HR owner do not seem to care of what is going on in RPG

Advice to Senior Managementquit, and let some one else to run it

If you want to work with inexperienced telephone sales people with lots of turn over, well this is the place for you.

Account Represnetative (Former Employee)
Irving, TX (US)

I worked at NCH full-time for more than a year

ProsLaid back working atmosphere in the telephone sales department - certified labs, chemsearch, etc
No actual quota, just get some sales during the week and they leave you alone, get off early on Fridays alot.

ConsThey give the good account to the new people to fool them into thinking it is an easy job to make commissions, pay is so low you cannot survive, if you good in the sales dept they do not want to move you out of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

NCH is an amazing company to work for! We made the INC 500/5000 list this year!

Director (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNCH is a very focused and growth oriented company with extra attention on developing new partnerships. We've made the INC 500/5000 list for exceptional growth by focusing on delivering the WOW to our employees and clients. We've partnered with some of the most reputable companies in America and continue build on those partnerships. The founder, Cort W. Christie, is a very dedicated professional that really cares about his business, clients and employees. Cort makes every attempt to make the climate fun and family oriented through the NCH Fun Squad! I'm very proud to be a part of such a great organization and look forward to a long career here!

ConsWe're not perfect! We're constantly working to improve our systems and "Deliver the WOW" to our clients. We fall short occasionally, but we care enough to do something about it. We're always looking for talented individuals to take us to that next level.

Great people, great place to work

Lease Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at NCH full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey really care about their people.

ConsOld way of doing things

Poor management, will terminate you randomly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NCH full-time

ProsNice lower level coworkers that deserve better.

ConsMicromanagement, finger pointing by management, you'll need therapy working here, no training at all, nightmares every night you fear that you didn't get work done or if you got too much done, your work will be deleted (back it up on USB please...), unreasonable 12 hour a day work demands at one office 7 days a week, harassment that won't be resolved by HR, many liars who will make you look bad behind your back, political environment, dysfunctional, and low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of people who are hurting your corporate culture, people can learn what they know easily so don't use that as an excuse. I miss my coworkers and even my job, but until the people that hurt the company are gone I'll just take myself elsewhere. Thank you for the opportunity.

NCH is a great place to work!

I have been working at NCH

Prosgreat company to work for.

Consthere is a lack of advancement opportunities

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCH reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for NCH CEO Irvin L. Levy. All 24 reviews are posted anonymously by NCH employees.