Movado Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Movado Group President, CEO, and Director Efraim Grinberg

Efraim Grinberg

Great place to gain experience, not a lot of growth potential

Intern (Current Employee)
Paramus, NJ (US)

I have been working at Movado Group part-time

ProsI am currently working as an intern here, and overall it is a great place for interns. For one, they pay you - which is rare in internships. Definitely not your aver coffee and copies internship, you get real experience, and gain useful knowledge to utilize later on. Super flexible with hours (mine change every semester), and even though you're a part time employee, most bosses are pretty nice about giving you vacation time (unpaid of course).I've never felt disrespected or treated as just a useless assistant by superiors regardless of being an intern. Super laid back, very casual dress code, summer fridays, and overall a fun place to work.

ConsWhile it is a very friendly place overall, it can get a little cliquey in some departments. No discount for interns, and there seems to be very little opportunity for growth. I only know of one or two interns who landed full time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer discounts for interns, provide more growth opportunity.

great company

Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Movado Group part-time for less than a year

ProsThe management does an excellent job of making employees feel like part of the team. They try to offer the support necessary to be successful in your role with Movado. Movado and Movado Licensed Brands are established and respected in the industry. Consequently, there is a lot to learn about brand development and representation in the retail space.

ConsBecause it is a larger company, sometimes communications can get crossed. Especially during peak business months like December. During these periods, communication requires a bit more attention and follow up. Unfortunately, it seems the opportunity for growth is limited in this role.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Literally the most boring place

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Movado Group part-time for more than a year

ProsYou learn a lot about watches

ConsBORING, traffic was low and it was incredibly difficult to stay focused

Third Key / Salesperson

Third Key (Former Employee)
Central Valley, NY (US)

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMeeting new people through sales,

ConsCommission was not too good and base pay was too low. For commission you start off at 1% for every sale then goes up to 4% by the time you hit 350k for the year, but by then its December. January you start at 1% again. Even with being top sales person in company, you take home maybe 35k a year, hard to make a living on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints.

Excellent part time job

I have been working at Movado Group part-time

ProsAmazing company. Ability to work independently with flexible hours

ConsNone.This company has treated me very well.

frustrating place for Designers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat brand portfolio, brand image,

Consno design process, not a creative environment,

Great for interns, not for the experienced and new to the company

Demand Planning Manager (Current Employee)
Paramus, NJ (US)

I have been working at Movado Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThe commute for me is good, just off the GSP

ConsWork environment, most are in open type areas, very noisy, difficult to concentrate. The people who have been with the company a long time seem satisfied. New employees are given unreasonable goals and not truely appreciated by the long timers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on the ovrall business. Do not dictate to others as to what to do, escpecially whan the taks at hand are vague. Do not be overly critical of new employees, allow a few months for them to find their way.

Great professional place to work !

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Movado Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery professional company. Room for growth. Professional environment. Great product. Awesome commission structure.

ConsBenefits not as solid as other company's. Product flow can be slow at times. Merchandisers should listen and be open to Store Manager ideas more often.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people they know the business. Change the store layout every now and then to give a fresh look to the "same old product".

A great place to start a luxury sales career.

I have been working at Movado Group

ProsIt is an Awesome environment to work in. Great entry level sales positions in the luxury retail market. Management is very helpful and very understanding. the great thing is the company is small so everyone knows everyone.

Conslunch breaks are small. budgets for stores are set extremely high, if not met have to hear upper management complaining. commission is horrible!!!

Good for a job, but forget about making a career!

I have been working at Movado Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery interesting industry, nice products, reasonable pay, good working environment, good colleagues.

ConsStill very much Mom & Pop HR management. They will hire you for your competences to do a job, but they will only offer a career to those who are part of what can be described as "the extended family",

Advice to Senior ManagementCome on, enter the 21st century already, and give the dinosaurs some well earned R&R!

Worked for Movado Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Movado Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Movado Group CEO Efraim Grinberg. All 30 reviews are posted anonymously by Movado Group employees.