MoneyGram International

Be The First To
Add Photos

MoneyGram International Chairman & CEO Pamela H. Patsley

Pamela H. Patsley

Pros:
  • "The pay is good, and the health benefits are "competitive""
    in 3 reviews
  • "Flexible you can work from home at times"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Junior management think they are better than their workers but they themselves are like the grunts for senior management"
    in 4 reviews
  • "There was an enormous amount of change in a short period of time, employee moral was low due to rumors and uncertainty in job safety"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

OK experience

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time

ProsNice working environment, nice people

Conspay a little less than I expect

Great until I was terminated, taking the fall for a manager.

Workflow Director (Former Employee)
Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of my co-workers were great team players and really good people. The Benefits were good and the environment was laid back but productive.

ConsCorporate didn't understand the teams that were not located at headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people in the trenches usually know what's going on, listen to them.

My experience (8 years) with MoneyGram has provided me with great international business skills

Finance (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGetting visability to a true Global Corporation and how it functions across many countries, cultures, and languages.

ConsVery siloed enviornment. Cross department interactions is limited and at times, resented.

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting costs, doesn't make a stronger company.

Had great opportunities to gain experience and business knowledge

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Lakewood, CO (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorked with a great team, great friendly enviornment. Had some employee appreciation events.

ConsThe people running the company were not transparent in their changes. There was an enormous amount of change in a short period of time, employee moral was low due to rumors and uncertainty in job safety. Outsourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees, especially those who aren't in the upper levels. They are the front line of the company and make the money that pays our salary. Keep them informed of changes, their lives outside of work should matter. Many of these people have dedicated 10+ years to the company and their input on policy, procedures and changes were never considered. Maintain jobs in the U.S, company quality is going to signigicantly decline now that customer service is completely outsourced.

bad place work

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time

Prosbenefit ony. but no longer available

Conslow pay. center is closing. co workers low wrok ethic

Long time veteran and enjoyed every single day during my employment

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiversity is strong. Great leadership from upper management. Employees have a great rapport with each other.

ConsNot much transparency. Global restructuing leading to more outsourced jobs.

It's all about MoneyGram

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people in the trenches are great, hard-working, smart, innovative, adaptable, etc. There is a strong work ethic, and in the 'right' department, you will find a work family.

ConsSalaried employees will find they are on call 24/7. The company is filled with many new employees or even long-term employees who never received proper training and thereby suck the life out of anyone with any knowledge of how the business actually works or how to resolve complex issues. MoneyGram does not care about or value its employees as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementShipping all the operations jobs overseas won't work well and dangling the 'promise' of a nice little package (so the current employees will stay to train their replacements) at the end without actually inking the deal is not conducive to a collaborative, effective environment and transition. The learning curve is vertical.

The promise of investing in your career is a pipe dream. Outsourcing to India is wide spread and increasing

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLike the airline management team that decided to save $2 million annually by reducing the number of tomatoes in salads, the mgmt team at MoneyGram continues to reduce and cut benefits. If you enjoy India contractors talking in Hindustani (or one of the other 22 regional India languages) constantly around you when you are trying to work, then MoneyGram is the place for you.

ConsManagement says they care about their employees while their actions are completely opposite. More FTE jobs being outsourced in the name of increasing shareholder value. Work environment is set up so terribly it's nearly impossible to focus and get any work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll suggestions to management are ignored, so why bother?

Out of touch

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for less than a year

ProsFun people interesting work.

ConsBang zoom re-org....happens all of the time, 200 effected in CO. There's something up with this group.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink twice before acting in this fashion.

Representative

Major Account Representative (Current Employee)
Lakewood, CO (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMoneyGram operations is one of the global leading money transfer companies.
There is a great work environment with nice multicultural high educated people.
Even though MoneyGram a "mature" company as far as time since it was created and technology investments, it behaves like a start up making many structural changes that sometimes feels like they have lack of strategy that at the end cost money that could be invested in technology.

ConsMoneyGram is shows sign of the struggles from 2008 economic impact.
This company has not kept up with technology investments to keep being a strong competitor in the money transfer business or in paper products business.

I disagree with MoneyGram current approach on cutting cost. It is going to hurt the company in the long run.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MoneyGram International reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for MoneyGram International CEO Pamela H. Patsley. All 67 reviews are posted anonymously by MoneyGram International employees.