MoneyGram International

Be The First To
Add Photos

MoneyGram International Chairman & CEO Pamela H. Patsley

Pamela H. Patsley

Pros
  • The only 2 positive things I can say about MoneyGram are work-life balance and office environment(in 6 reviews)

• Most of my co-workers were great team players and really good people(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of politics within the company(in 4 reviews)

• Senior management inexperienced about the industry(in 5 reviews)

Long time veteran and enjoyed every single day during my employment

ProsDiversity is strong. Great leadership from upper management. Employees have a great rapport with each other.

ConsNot much transparency. Global restructuing leading to more outsourced jobs.

It's all about MoneyGram

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people in the trenches are great, hard-working, smart, innovative, adaptable, etc. There is a strong work ethic, and in the 'right' department, you will find a work family.

ConsSalaried employees will find they are on call 24/7. The company is filled with many new employees or even long-term employees who never received proper training and thereby suck the life out of anyone with any knowledge of how the business actually works or how to resolve complex issues. MoneyGram does not care about or value its employees as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementShipping all the operations jobs overseas won't work well and dangling the 'promise' of a nice little package (so the current employees will stay to train their replacements) at the end without actually inking the deal is not conducive to a collaborative, effective environment and transition. The learning curve is vertical.

The promise of investing in your career is a pipe dream. Outsourcing to India is wide spread and increasing

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

ProsLike the airline management team that decided to save $2 million annually by reducing the number of tomatoes in salads, the mgmt team at MoneyGram continues to reduce and cut benefits. If you enjoy India contractors talking in Hindustani (or one of the other 22 regional India languages) constantly around you when you are trying to work, then MoneyGram is the place for you.

ConsManagement says they care about their employees while their actions are completely opposite. More FTE jobs being outsourced in the name of increasing shareholder value. Work environment is set up so terribly it's nearly impossible to focus and get any work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll suggestions to management are ignored, so why bother?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a decent company to work for in the last few year it has taken a turn towards moving jobs overseas.

Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO (US)

ProsPay is good for the area and competitive

Consoutsourcing majority of US jobs

Representative

Major Account Representative (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO (US)

ProsMoneyGram operations is one of the global leading money transfer companies.
    There is a great work environment with nice multicultural high educated people.
    Even though MoneyGram a "mature" company as far as time since it was created and technology investments, it behaves like a start up making many structural changes that sometimes feels like they have lack of strategy that at the end cost money that could be invested in technology.

ConsMoneyGram is shows sign of the struggles from 2008 economic impact.
    This company has not kept up with technology investments to keep being a strong competitor in the money transfer business or in paper products business.

I disagree with MoneyGram current approach on cutting cost. It is going to hurt the company in the long run.

Out of touch

ProsFun people interesting work.

ConsBang zoom re-org....happens all of the time, 200 effected in CO. There's something up with this group.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink twice before acting in this fashion.

Great people, challenging leadership

ProsUnique industry, very international, the people who work there really care about the customers they serve

ConsLeadership too distant, unrealistic on resources, struggles to provide real direction, trust issues

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those who interact with the customer, create an environment of trust

Good experience, culture changed drastically with new senior management

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsOpportunity for career growth, great people to work with

ConsA good culture rapidly changed to a negative culture with new leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about employees more.

Dysfunctional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational business activity; complex industry

ConsLack of consistent message from upper management. Disrespectful culture.

good

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lakewood, CO (US)

ProsGreat job if you are Bi-Lingual

ConsOpen 365 days a year so you need to earn Holidays and a decent schedule by putting in your time.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!