Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated 27 September, 2014
Updated 27 September, 2014
2.7

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 11 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Room for Improvement

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Molina hires some great talent who take pride in doing an excellent job and give 110%. There are some long-term employees there who have made Molina their career and will retire from the organization. There are some great mentors within the organization.

Cons

The pay is incredibly poor. If I weren't married, I would be on Medicaid. Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management. The company recently discontinued the award recognition program for employees on the basis that it was not cost-effective and there is no longer any incentive to go above and beyond. Employees do not feel appreciated but they do feel overworked.

Bring back some sort of recognition program for employees. Do not make promises that cannot be kept. And please take another look at your compensation program as it is not market-driven but profit-driven for the executives.

Awful workplace

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Springfield, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Springfield, IL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, Co workers, members, volunteer opportunities.

Cons

Management, senior leadership, no training, all employees are referred, segregation amongst departments, no communication amongst departments

Listen to your staff. Ask them questions better yet you should know the job better than your staff. Nothing is worse than asking your manager for assistance and being given the wrong information. You're not that busy, your job is to manage not 8hr meetings all day. Communicate with the staff what goes on in those meetings. Have your staff back. They know the job better than you. Stop talking behind all your staff back and gossiping with your referrals. It does get out when we're out on breaks. We know you aren't smart. We know the ones that's skating by. We won't cover for you and do your work for you while you take the credit. You should talk to the other department managers to find out what the others are responsible for. Know your workflow and other departments as well. At least know where you can find it. Lastly, learn how to comprehend. Don't just read understand what you're reading. Mayer fact take the time to read before you hit the reply button. We don't have time to continously train our new managers.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good employee health benefits and PTO, good sales manager that tried hard to help.

Cons

Pay, commission is not what it should be for the same position at another carrier. Molina has no specialist and seemed to not worry about it. They had a scam provider directory that few doctors are actually accepting the MMOP members.. High stress due to lack of providers.

Get specialist that out PCP's can refer to. It's pathetic. Get transition of care. Medicare requires these things and eventually it's going to catch up to Molina, it will not be good. Distribute a directory that is correct and not a sham!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible experience working for this company,

I worked at Molina Healthcare

Pros

The friends that I have made here I know will be lifelong friends other than that the job is just a check

Cons

This company has terrible management, basically left to fend for yourself. Honestly the worst working experience I have had to date.

Management needs to held accountable for the problems the department has. There is no team work at the management level.

No raises in 2 years, but we all know how much money they've profited.

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My co-workers, manager and director. Learned a lot and now have taken my knowledge to a competitor who appreciates it.

Cons

Workload, lack of training, all about the bottom line so the Molina's can line their already HUGE pocketbooks, low salaries, favoritism, Managers/Directors who don't have a clue about the day to day work, VERY top heavy, no more individual plans all just a franchise that corporate dictates, not about the member!

Read my CONS, start listening to the individual health plans, they know BEST! Or continue to lose great staff like myself.

Not Inspiring company to work as an employee

Former Employee - Desktop Support  in  Doral, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Doral, FL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting better in IT.
    Adding new employees that will promote their niche.

Cons

The hiring of managers and staff personnel was terrible. The managers hired persons that have no clue what a laptop is or does. Employee's who worked their would be out the door at exactly 5PM.
    Certain departments were way understaffed. Employees had to work nights and weekends just to get caught up on the amount of work that was coming into the office.

Hire, Hire, and Hire more employees.
    Install a back-up generator for the building instead of using waver strips that do nothing for power surges.
    Allow the DTS or now called FTS pesonnel to do there job. Allow them to upgrade or replace computers.

If you want to be treated like an adult, keep looking

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Pomona, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Pomona, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Compensation is OK.

Cons

Work hours totally inflexible. You can not change your hours no matter if you take a half hour lunch or not. Period. And breaks are to be on schedule. Talking is highly discouraged. You will be reminded a thousand times of your "work hours". You can't listen to a radio, or even have your cell phone on your desk. Unless you're one of the favored ones. Then you can do what you like. Not enough or no providers to send members to. Referrals take forever. Members should not have to wait so long to get service. Which is why they don't choose Molina.

Your line workers line your pockets. Treat them with a little more respect. They can manage their time. They don't need to be so regimented. They can turn a radio off when a call comes in. They probably have more education than most managers. They can manage the simple things. Give them something to tell them they do a good job. You just got rid of "Above the Branches". Which lets them know you seriously don't care. The work place in Pomona is awful. Try to do something to make this building at least a little better. When the air goes out in the summer and its over 90 degrees inside, they should be able to go home to work. Without your line workers, you have no company.

Former Employee - Finance Intern  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people at the Molina office in Milwaukee were very very nice. At times, they were not all inline on the collective goal of the organization and there were flaws in some of the processes and structure of the organization. When I left they were going through a large change in their management team and appeared to be heading in the right direction.

Cons

A lot of the flaws stemmed from views and action of the top management team. The 7 months I spent there were filled with constant changes in the personnel of the top management team. The previous management did not seem to know how to keep the Milwaukee branch in line with the goals of the parent organization but things seemed to be heading in the correct direction as I was finishing up my time there.

Molina is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Graphic Artist  in  Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, life-work balance, lots of time off

Cons

underpaid, does to much internal stuff

Dissatisfied, they don't care about their employees

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Augusta, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Augusta, ME (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offer good benefits. Do offer training and promote from within. If you conform to 'their' way, you can go far.

Cons

Leadership is ineffective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of Maine employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. Molina does not care about its employees, their only focus is on money. They literally drove me out with a bully boss and created a hostile environment for everyone in my department.

Spend more time listening to your employees and follow through with their complaints.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!