Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated 19 September, 2014
Updated 19 September, 2014
2.7

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible experience working for this company,

I worked at Molina Healthcare

Pros

The friends that I have made here I know will be lifelong friends other than that the job is just a check

Cons

This company has terrible management, basically left to fend for yourself. Honestly the worst working experience I have had to date.

Management needs to held accountable for the problems the department has. There is no team work at the management level.

No raises in 2 years, but we all know how much money they've profited.

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My co-workers, manager and director. Learned a lot and now have taken my knowledge to a competitor who appreciates it.

Cons

Workload, lack of training, all about the bottom line so the Molina's can line their already HUGE pocketbooks, low salaries, favoritism, Managers/Directors who don't have a clue about the day to day work, VERY top heavy, no more individual plans all just a franchise that corporate dictates, not about the member!

Read my CONS, start listening to the individual health plans, they know BEST! Or continue to lose great staff like myself.

Former Employee - Finance Intern  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people at the Molina office in Milwaukee were very very nice. At times, they were not all inline on the collective goal of the organization and there were flaws in some of the processes and structure of the organization. When I left they were going through a large change in their management team and appeared to be heading in the right direction.

Cons

A lot of the flaws stemmed from views and action of the top management team. The 7 months I spent there were filled with constant changes in the personnel of the top management team. The previous management did not seem to know how to keep the Milwaukee branch in line with the goals of the parent organization but things seemed to be heading in the correct direction as I was finishing up my time there.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Inspiring company to work as an employee

Former Employee - Desktop Support  in  Doral, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Doral, FL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting better in IT.
    Adding new employees that will promote their niche.

Cons

The hiring of managers and staff personnel was terrible. The managers hired persons that have no clue what a laptop is or does. Employee's who worked their would be out the door at exactly 5PM.
    Certain departments were way understaffed. Employees had to work nights and weekends just to get caught up on the amount of work that was coming into the office.

Hire, Hire, and Hire more employees.
    Install a back-up generator for the building instead of using waver strips that do nothing for power surges.
    Allow the DTS or now called FTS pesonnel to do there job. Allow them to upgrade or replace computers.

If you want to be treated like an adult, keep looking

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Pomona, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Pomona, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Compensation is OK.

Cons

Work hours totally inflexible. You can not change your hours no matter if you take a half hour lunch or not. Period. And breaks are to be on schedule. Talking is highly discouraged. You will be reminded a thousand times of your "work hours". You can't listen to a radio, or even have your cell phone on your desk. Unless you're one of the favored ones. Then you can do what you like. Not enough or no providers to send members to. Referrals take forever. Members should not have to wait so long to get service. Which is why they don't choose Molina.

Your line workers line your pockets. Treat them with a little more respect. They can manage their time. They don't need to be so regimented. They can turn a radio off when a call comes in. They probably have more education than most managers. They can manage the simple things. Give them something to tell them they do a good job. You just got rid of "Above the Branches". Which lets them know you seriously don't care. The work place in Pomona is awful. Try to do something to make this building at least a little better. When the air goes out in the summer and its over 90 degrees inside, they should be able to go home to work. Without your line workers, you have no company.

I am hoping I will like the company better if/when I can be promoted out of the call center.

Current Employee - Member Services Representative  in  Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Low cost personal health insurance. The history of how the company came to be. The Molina family. I was impressed with their ideals when visiting the corporate office.

Cons

Performance being graded solely on numerous stats/matrix. If you don't meet their extremely high goals they are very quick to write you up. Being monitored every minute of every day. Constant reminders. Half hour lunches. Not enough time to go out for lunch. Very rigid schedules. Difficult to develop comrodery with co workers because all breaks and lunches are scheduled for you each day. No time to blow off steam after a crappy phone call, the next one comes whether you are ready for it or not. And there are many crappy phone calls when you are administering Medicaid. Very stressful job with low pay and perfection being expected of you every minute.

Stop treating call center employees like they are children. Trust your employees more and treat them like the intelligent adults they are. I understand phone coverage is priority in a call center. However, the entire staff is not going to just get up and take their lunch and breaks at the same time. The schedule could at least be to take lunch during a particular hour but not down to the exact minute. Recognize an employee's worth based on experience and pay them a living wage. Recognize that some of your requirements just don't make sense. Required statements/scripts during phone calls that do not follow the natural flow of conversation.

Molina is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Graphic Artist  in  Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, life-work balance, lots of time off

Cons

underpaid, does to much internal stuff

Molina Medicaid is Resistant to Change

Current Employee - Manager IT
    Current Employee - Manager IT

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Molina Healthcare culture from the California parent company is great - the company values its employees and goes out of its way to make people a part of the team and focus on Molina's customers.

Cons

The state Medicaid group is stuck in the past and refuses to change. New ideas are ignored and new employees are regarded as not understanding "how we do things." Transparency across the Medicaid group is non-existent.

Get out of the past and realistically assess the Medicaid environment.

Dissatisfied, they don't care about their employees

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Augusta, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Augusta, ME (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offer good benefits. Do offer training and promote from within. If you conform to 'their' way, you can go far.

Cons

Leadership is ineffective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of Maine employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. Molina does not care about its employees, their only focus is on money. They literally drove me out with a bully boss and created a hostile environment for everyone in my department.

Spend more time listening to your employees and follow through with their complaints.

Review

Current Employee - Quality Analyst
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Healthcare company to work for

Cons

Not into remote workers, genaerally

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!