Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros:
  • "Pay is decent and sometimes potential bonus depending on how the company does financially"
    in 6 reviews
  • "High growth company that presents lots of opportunities to those who are willing to take them"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management doesn't even try to keep good employees when asked"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Senior Management does not share plans or vision with staff"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Over worked and underpaid

Manager (Current Employee)
Troy, MI (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNational company with a good client base.

ConsSome of the health plans, not all have management staff who are not people oriented and judge individuals on how well they like you and not by the quality of your work.

Fair

CMO (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Prosnew company and willing to look at new approaches

Conslimited resources and have problems with new purchase

Terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boise, ID (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery few... it is a decent enough place to start at before switching to a company that values hard-working employees.

ConsUpper and middle management is unorganized and rude to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect, offer flexible schedules and pay people what they deserve.

Most stressful job ever with the worst Sr. Management and an IT dept in total dissarray!

Manager (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsComp/benefits were good but the BS one is deat on a daily basis does not make it worth it.

ConsBack stabbers, promoting people who aren't qualified, VP's hired because they have a personal relationship with the Molinas.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting people in positions who aren't qulalified to be there. Listen to your employees and not the good ol boys members. But you'll do whatever you want anyway. Soooooooo glad to be out of that toxic environment!

Beware Backstabber Culture

Manager (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHealth care is a really exciting industry and there are lots of opportunities for people with good skills.

ConsThe organization is just plain sick and the culture is horrifically disrespectful. The management discards people regularly. The HR organization literally discards people. The managers are poorly trained and not well equipped to lead. This company is run by the buddy system. Managers take credit for the work of others and put suck-ups in place regardless of their ability. The place is ruled like a gulag. Think police state. People face constant worry instead of being given clear goals, rewarded for contributions and guided to successful outcomes.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstructive advice here is a waste of time. Just ecstatic to be gone!

Horrible place to work

Receptionist (Former Employee)
Oak Brook, IL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSeemed like a great company with lots of room for growth

ConsAdmins do NOT come up to give the Receptionist regular bathroom breaks (no bathroom break from morning break at 10:15 a.m. until close to 1:30 p.m.) .......because all of the admins had gone to lunch together!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet structure in place FAST for a bathroom relief schedule for your Receptionists every 1 1/2 hours (as opposed to every 3 hours). It's ironic that this is a healthcare company, yet how can anyone drink ANY water at work when they can only go to the bathroom every 3 hours?! Never seen anything like it and I've worked in offices my entire life.

I think there is room for improvement, but I like it.

Provider Services (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe seem to be willing to listen to your concerns

ConsThere is somewhat a disconnect between plans

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it more of one company

It's a job but not the best place to work.

UM Coordinator (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits. Company with potential if it was run effectively.

ConsMicromanaged, unprofessional leaders, and plenty of disgruntled employees.
No room for growth and making hasty decisions that results in upset customers, providers and more work for the company. Information ns system is not accurate: give employees bad tools/info they are going to give out bad info.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should practice what they preach and figure out a way to increase morale and trust in the company. Micromanaging and telling employees that they need to do more and the output is not good enough when dept. is exceeding goals is not the most effective way to increase productivity. Also, think about the consequences of your decisions and the effect on the company in long term, don't just think about the present or short term results. Having to do the same work twice because of bad decisions is not an effective way to run a business. Need to update the databases because as long as you give employees bad tools they are going to give out wrong information. Bad input = bad output.

Idaho Site is no good

Boise, ID (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIT folks have flexible schedules. Most employees have the same gripes even though they don't unify against the oppressors.

ConsLocal management is horrible- the ones running the show have little to no formal management education. The morale is horrid, local management tries to skim the pot as much as possible. Several HR violations here and nothing gets done.
Management has employees scared to do anything but work- hitleristic dress code and management styles here.
Lots of buddy system promotions and job offerings. If you don't suck up to the big dogs you won't last long here.
Building is a joke and needs to be overhauled severely.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the managers in Idaho and start over, or at the very least send all of these clowns to training so that this site isn't a laughing stock of other MMS sites.

Do not recommend HCS department at Doral, FL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Molina Healthcare

ProsBenefits are excellent, VTO opportunity, great location, good work environment except in HCS department, great growing coming up, summer batch is great, Christmas party is awesome, tuition reimbursement up to $2500 for employees and family is good, life insurance without cost is included in the benefits

ConsHCS department at Miami, FL is collapsing, 20 employees decided to left or demote including 2 HCS managers, the rest of the employees are looking to go. Employees in that department cannot even wear perfume, management with lack of professional skills, micromanaging everybody, overwhelming old employees with work because the new ones are so lack of knowledge about the work and the training is horrible. Professional growing equal zero, supervisors that don't have idea about the clinical operation of the department. HCS department is being bullied and nobody pay attention to that

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, pay attention to the employees complaints, HCS department is under oppressive and unprofessional management, old and knowledgeable employees deserve to advance to better positions, new employees need to be carefully selected and correctly trained

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Molina Healthcare reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Molina Healthcare CEO J. Mario Molina. All 122 reviews are posted anonymously by Molina Healthcare employees.