Metropolitan Bank and Trust

Updated Jan 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Arthur V. Ty

Good learning experience at one of the largest banks in the Philippines, but comes with a lot of stress and poor IT

I have been working at Metropolitan Bank and Trust full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraining is adequate with plenty of classes. Senior management listens to your inputs if they find the time. Generally senior management comes across as a smart bunch of people. People tend to work hard but are still very willing to help.

ConsMiddle management is so-so for one of the largest banks in the Philippines. Compensation is low-to-average since their largest cost is manpower cost. Also, promotions are slow. Poor performance in any given year is punished by reducing the chance of promotion in the succeeding two to three years (usually though promotion is completely forgotten). IT systems are antiquated and development projects can be delayed by up to a few months to a few years. Since IT infrastructure is weak, most processes are performed manually.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish they had a fairer compensation scheme and better IT in place so that working there is rewarding..

High standard financial institution

Branch Operations Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Metropolitan Bank and Trust full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey value most on customers and with high quality of service. They offer a very satisfactory salary. A good standard on employee empowerment and self improvement.

ConsSome senior officer on the countryside levels are promoted trough palakasan system but not quite qualified for the position and upon assumption of post they mostly under estimate rank and file especially those that committed some mistakes during their assumption as junior officers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher management should have a comprehensive screening on some officers before they are promoted to senior officers including a survey on rank and file and not just depend on recommendations of other senior officers.

Contented

Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at Metropolitan Bank and Trust full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthere are many benefits for staffs

Conslately becomes stingy on benefits

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Check Out the Company First Before Applying

Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Metropolitan Bank and Trust full-time for more than a year

ProsThey provide good benefits for officers. Steady income of at least 15 months with a good chance of earning up to 18 months if you are a performer.

ConsA lot of people are demotivated which would somehow affect the people around them thus high attrition across groups and divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to suggestions

I had fun working with the employees

General Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at Metropolitan Bank and Trust as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe compensation an the place was great

Consi dont have an idea.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Working with Metrobank is a rewarding but also a truly testing experience that will challenge your wisdom & character,

I have been working at Metropolitan Bank and Trust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros1. Salary & benefits are up to par
2. Working condition is conducive
3. Opportunities to hone & develop your skills are great
4. Recognition & promotion is high but competitive

Cons1. Current state of affairs in the management of the bank is admittedly very hard as compared to the past management. There is a culture of fear thriving & growing every day in the bank because of new policies, guidelines, procedures, reportorial requirements & even the way these changes are being communicated or imposed upon the people of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractically everybody in the organization sicerely cares for the bank. Yes there's a lot of going and changes to undertake to further the bank's growth but these can be done without sacrificing the morale of its people and the humanity of treating them as important and useful individuals and not like puppets or machines without feelings and emotions. After all, man is still and will always be the best resource in any organization.

Metropolitan Bank and Trust

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Makati, Rizal (Philippines)

Proswith CBA, many benefits and good medical benefits

Consnot much with the professional growth

Advice to Senior Managementprovide competitive seminars

its amazing thousand of friends

Teller (Current Employee)
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Metropolitan Bank and Trust

Prosbetter compensation than other banks

Consemployee relations sometimes conflict occurs

Advice to Senior Managementnumber one bank in the philippines

- tiring but happy

Customer Service Representative Teller (Current Employee)
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Metropolitan Bank and Trust

Pros- with regular benefits ( midyear/14 month pay , uniform allow)
- one of the best bank in the philippines
- good company reputation

Cons- promotion takes to long (it may take more than 10yrs to become an officers)
- above min pay but does not compensate your monthy basic needs
- no overtime pay - just overtime work.

Advice to Senior Management- show more compassion to your employees, give your employees good benefits.
  They are the one who gaves you billions of income every year, dont just give them simple recgonition give them rewards.

Since the co. is an institution already, a good way to start a job but not for at least a year or two.

Makati, Rizal (Philippines)

I have been working at Metropolitan Bank and Trust

Proswarm culture, stepping stone for a career in banking/finance.

Cons-A very poor career growth, not for a long term occupation.
-employer has lack of focus on extensive training. Why is it needs to be 10-20yrs as r&f to go to the management level? wherein they are capable of.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an overall good leader. and generous enough to give the employees what they deserve.

Worked for Metropolitan Bank and Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metropolitan Bank and Trust reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Metropolitan Bank and Trust CEO Arthur V. Ty. All 11 reviews are posted anonymously by Metropolitan Bank and Trust employees.