MetLife

MetLife Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

MetLife President & CEO Steven A. Kandarian

Steven A. Kandarian

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements and very good company for work life balance(in 103 reviews)

• MetLife has great benefits and different positions in different departments(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Lean work force, very aggressive timelines, work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Lack of visibility to senior management as to who is doing the actual job(in 33 reviews)

Company was good to me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTons of opportunity to do self development

ConsThe company is constantly changing

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience with the right people. Can learn a lot. Great views from any floor, access to the cafe in the upper floor and many options in the larger cafe downstairs. Access to the gym and its classes. A lot of bonuses and incentives.

ConsSome of the supervisors don't allow flexibility as far as work-life balance. A few do, which is great. But not all. Extremely immature. Its as if most of the workers are in high school. But if you stay to yourself and interact with the coworkers that aren't as nasty, you'll do fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more job opportunities for interns.

You get out what you put in

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL (US)

ProsFair compensation, good materials and a national network

ConsIf you don't have a mentor or partner, this is a tough place to work

Advice to Senior Managementteaming!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life of a financial advisor

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

ProsExcellent work life balance as you make your own schedule.

ConsCustomers do not always buy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive updated leads

Great company overall, just some bad managers

Pension Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, good people, flexible

ConsPeople who are managers who are not qualified and do not have people management skills.
    Growth depends on who you work for, not your work and knowledge.
    Recycling people from one department to another
    Limited growth opportunities in current location
    Employee morale low

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making decisions about a person's career among yourselves. Value your employees who work hard with pay level increases, even if there is no position. Open door policy is a joke

Great company

Senior Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsMetlife is an efficient company who cares about their employees and customers. The trainjng team, benefits, and oayroll department ae awesome snd on top of issues that nay arise.

ConsThey have a lot of systems, but uf one can master them, tgen a grest company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training was steady and was able to keep up and learn the material to be better prepared for the job. Advuce for upper management is to keep improving and keep up the good work!!

Great people to work for

Complex Claims Examiner Life Insurance (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is good for the area. Time off is excellent. The work life balance is great. You feel like the managers really care about you.

ConsThe company likes to focus on one thing at a time to the exclusion of all other things. This year it is about customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a larger focus on the company as a whole and trying to fix all area's at the same time instead of focusing on one small area to fix.

Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bridgewater, NJ (US)

ProsBenefits, salary, room to move

Consclicky areas, cut throat at times

Great company to work for

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsThey seem to really care about your development as a person and also in what you want to do in your career. Growth is important to them. They do pretty well with recognizing achievements and seem to be trying to move in the right direction for the right reasons.

ConsI sometimes felt like I was treated as a child because I was in a call center. Some people that worked there weren't reliable, and so everyone was treated the same - which was fairly micro-managed. A few supervisors there just seemed to be beyond rude. Luckily, none of them were my supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your supervisors to focus on growth and falling upward instead of focusing on the metrics all the time. I know it's a fine balance, but it can still stand to be improved.

MetLife

Accountant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood organization for which to work. Employees have the ability to rotate every 2-3 years gaining diverse experiences and broadening their skill sets. Excellent continuing education courses available for employees both on-line and class setting.

ConsRe-organization and employee cuts appear to occur annually. This causes employees to be distracted and leads to stress and uneasiness throughout the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementBy providing more organizational stability, employees will be more productive and perform beter

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!