Medpace

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Medpace President and CEO August Troendle

August Troendle

Red Flags Everywhere

Clinical Research Associate I (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Medpace full-time for less than a year

ProsCompensation and benefits are good. If you work at the office there is a nice workout facility and free lunch. After training you are able to work from home.

ConsThe Manager's are not flexible, do not give honest feedback, talk negatively about employees/ position/ company, and expectations are unclear and be prepared to work long hours. Cannot bring new thoughts or ideas- they don't care to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone of the Managers are on the same page. One will tell you one thing and another will tell you something completely different.

Great people, poor work/life balance

CRA (Former Employee)

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat training for CRAs, very structured

ConsPay is much lower than industry standard for regular FTE, added on the expectation to work 60+hrs a week. A very strict non-compete agreement keeps employees from leaving

Advice to Senior ManagementMost employees are not willing to devote their entire life to working for a company, especially for low pay. Focus on work/life balance rather than burn out your employees

Decent

CRA (Former Employee)

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 8 years

ProsVery structured, positive, great learning opportunities

ConsPay is below industry standard (very below), the non-compete required to sign at hire is extremely limiting as to where can work 12 months after employment ends, and if you are good at what you do, expect to work 60+hr weeks

Advice to Senior Managementwork/home life balance keeps employees loyal

Statistical Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Medpace full-time

ProsMost of the colleagues are nice

ConsWorst management ever, don't value talents. Don't go to this place if you have other offers, this place could ruin your whole life career

Do you like to chase carrots on a stick?

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Medpace full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFree fitness room, free lunch, benefits are decent, salary is decent.

ConsManagement makes promises they can't or won't keep. Very capable and bright employees are undervalued and unchallenged as promotions are not based on merit so much as popularity. Training is nonexistent. It's sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value employees who are bright and seeking the opportunity to learn and advance.

Try somewhere Else...

CRA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medpace full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits: Free lunch everyday, onsite gym, secure building, and pretty good health/dental insurance with different savings plans like 401k etc.

ConsIf your not the Barbie Doll type don't waste your time...they say training is supposed to be 4-6 months but for about half its really a judgment of 4-6 weeks. This company really doesn't give you a chance to improve, gives no warnings before discharging really good employees. Just be cautious before accepting their offer, because it can really hurt your chances at getting another job like this one in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is willing to help, however you have to seek the help. Even if you do it doesn't make a difference if they will keep you on or not. They simply don't give their employees a chance to improve their skills...even if the job is something new.

Analyst

Account Analyst II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medpace full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood for new to the industry, lots of things to learn.

Conspoor management and no promotions at all.

Great, fast-paced working environment full of very helpful co-workers!

I have been working at Medpace full-time

ProsI really enjoy the workplace environment offered at Medpace. People are social, but it does not hinder their abilities of working hard. There is always room to grow in the company which is definitely motivation. I particularly enjoy how fast-paced the environment is, only because it makes you feel like you accomplish a lot in just a short amount of time and you are always on your toes. Everyone is very approachable here and are willing to help in any circumstance. Those who have been here longer than others serve as great role models as well.

ConsI know for some people they may not enjoy being at their desk for long periods of time, feeling lethargic, and would rather be up and about however, Medpace offers great choices to be active such as a 24-hour gym facility, workout classes, as well as a mapped out walking trail around the company's campus.

Great company to work for in Cincinnati

I have been working at Medpace full-time

Prosgreat atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and says hi to each other; everyone is willing to help each other out, no questions asked; managers are very helpful and want to see you exceed and grow quickly in the company; Medpace offers free lunches every day, as well as free soft drinks and assorted coffees all day long, they also have a 24 hour fitness center and fitness classes free of charge, and the fitness classes are great! the dress code is work casual too and you can wear jeans to work everyone which is definitely nice

Consyou work in a cubicle and it can get noisy at times with so many people so close together

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, can not complain!

A Great Company to Work For!

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Medpace full-time for less than a year

ProsMedpace is a growing company with a fast paced environment. Employees are hardworking and collaborative. As a company, Medpace emphasizes employee development and career pathing making this a wonderful company to build your career with.

ConsMost training is done on the job. If you are not willing to hit the ground running, this is not the company for you.

Worked for Medpace? Contribute to the Community!

Medpace Videos

Medpace – Why Work for Us?

Finding work that is challenging, having the tools and training to succeed, being rewarded and provided opportunities to grow professionally are just a few reasons talented individuals join the Medpace team. With our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medpace reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Medpace CEO August Troendle. All 31 reviews are posted anonymously by Medpace employees.