MediaMath

Updated 4 March, 2015
4.5

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company to work for! Great environment, culture, spirit, opportunities and countless benefits!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company growth is outpacing the industry's.
    Great training for non-industry newcomers
    Fantastic environment
    Flexible working hours
    Career Opportunities
    BENEFITS: food, massages, social events
    Dinamicity: TONS TO LEARN

Cons

It's a really fast-paced environment, but that's inevitable as the whole industry is exploding

Keep up the great culture! This is a big challenge as the company is growing so fast and more and more people are joining the company!

Collaborative environemnt that truly values people

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

MediaMath is a highly collaborative company that has grown quickly, but they continue to pay very close attention to developing people and supporting them in their projects. As a new hire, I went through a very thorough training that acclimated me to the industry (very valuable as an outsider), and I have since been stunned by how nice and excited to collaborate everyone I meet is. Work/Life balance is fantastic, this is NOT a culture in which people are competing for who stays latest.

Cons

Having two locations in NYC means that I tend to run around a lot, but that will be over when the company moves to much larger office in World Trade Center 4 this Fall.

Continue to invest in training and development for employees- people here thirst for knowledge, and it will encourage me to stay as long as I can.

I've been working here for almost two months, and couldn't be happier.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

I began working at MediaMath about two months ago. I had grown somewhat accustomed to a background of micromanagement, high turn-over rate, and overall employee dissatisfaction at my previous job, so working here has been an overwhelmingly positive change, to say the least. I was shocked when my manager told me that I could come in/leave at times that were convenient to me (as long as it was 40 hours a week). At my previous job, someone was waiting for us with a clipboard writing down when we came in. :) Also, at my previous job we were constantly being asked to stay late without being compensated for it. If I ever have to stay late or complete a project during the weekend (which has only happened once) I receive over time pay. (This may depend on your position, though). Everyone has been nothing but helpful and kind. The environment is relaxed, and I find myself laughing with co-workers several times a day. I still haven't had a day where I haven't felt like coming into work. The unlimited paid time off policy is very comforting to have, especially for people who work hard but also enjoy travelling throughout the year. There are also lots of opportunities for growth/advancement in the company. There honestly isn't any work drama (at least none that I've seen) which was a breath of fresh air for me. I've worked in several places where people were constantly bickering/gossiping and it becomes exhausting and annoying after awhile. The cell phone data plan reimbursement and free snacks/keurig coffee are an added bonus, as well.

Cons

I wouldn't say that there are any challenges working here. It probably depends on your position; I'm an executive assistant and never feel stressed out or that my job is overwhelming. If I had to change one thing, I would probably ask from more of a 401K match. Other than that, I really can't think of any suggestions that would make working here better than it already is. If you're considering accepting a position here, I would highly recommend it!

Amazing in every way

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for my experiences as a member of the engineering team, so here goes:

- smartest and nicest people you'll ever get to work with; family-like atmosphere
    - great nurturing culture, closely knit cross-functional teams ready to tackle a problem at a moment's notice
    - you get to face real engineering challenges
    - truly wants employees to become empowered to tackle projects in their own way
    - great work/life balance, but everyone always wants to do more and more.
    - very-very fast paced, get ready!
    - management cares about us and it shows, very approachable and friendly

Cons

- very fast paced, there's just always lot of things always going on (we are expanding rapidly), however most people love this (myself included)

You guys are the best of the best, please keep up the amazing work! We love the culture you've created!

Great company, great culture!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

MediaMath is a wonderful company to work for. The London office has a happy and positive culture, excellent work/life balance and offers great benefits. Individual contributions are recognised and celebrated. It's the sort of workplace where everyone comes to work and is happy to be there. The upper management team are friendly and approachable.

Cons

In my role, the goal posts tend to shift quite a lot but this is to be expected when you're working for a relatively young company that is rapidly expanding.

Fantastic environment and perfect place to develop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

From the first interview I had with MediaMath, I instantly felt a warmth and passion from the people who I spoke with and all of them offered me a different insight into the company but all offering the same passion and enthusiasm for the brand and culture and values of MediaMath. The HR team were very warm and made sure I was completely comfortable with my set up and would go out of their way for any requirements I had, which is very rare.

MediaMath understands what is important for the company and also understand what is important for their staff. From the cool quirky offices, to non stop offering of soft drinks, sweets, alcohol (when we are good), takeaways every Friday, arcade machine, massages every other week and various company social events, MediaMath give you the working environment which makes work seem that little less stressful and also more fun. With this said, MediaMath understand the important of culture and if they don't think you will fit into the team or culture, no matter how good you are - they will not risk upsetting this perfect culture and will not bring you in!

In regards to your career, MediaMath instantly talk to you about the importance of your career progression and getting you to the next level. They offer a genuine sense of wanting to develop their staff and have everyone get to the next level. Goals will be set for you to meet and you will not be left to meet them alone but instead guided by your team and also others around you, again emphasising the qualities of the culture within MediaMath.

Cons

None I can think of!

Keep up the good work!

Top company with top talent

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

Mediamath hires smart, hard working individuals. It's very easy to find your niche and get your job done. I've never worked at a company with such effective teams. The leaders of the company have an open door policy and even when they're busy they'll take time to hear your ideas and tell you about their goals.
    The culture is accepting and comfortable. People work hard here, but taking care of yourself (sick leave and annual leave) are both integral parts of your life-work balance.

Cons

We are currently very tight on space (thanks to growing so quickly!) so you have to allot for walking between offices to collaborate and/or schedule meetings in different places. That will be solved when we move into a larger space later this year though.

Great Company!!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY (US)
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Smart management compromised of experienced AdTech execs
    Nice colleagues
    Fast pace, collaborative work environment
    Strong focus on technology, innovation and bottom line results

Cons

Must enjoy adapting to change, working in ambiguity
    Typical growing pains of a company with rapid growth

Continue to drive innovation in the industry
    Reinforce the positioning that sets the company apart from its competitors
    Create opportunities for internal growth for employees

Terrible- Do not work there

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

Free lunches and hours weren't bad

Cons

They underpay all their employees and use a non-compete to artificially deflate salaries so its hard to leave

MediaMath Response

Feb 24, 2015Chief People Officer

We never like to see this kind of experience of MediaMath as we take pride in rewarding strong contributions. We’d very much like to address your concerns directly and hope you engage your manager ... More