MediaMath Reviews

103 reviews filtered by
4.5
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

1. Excellent company to work for.

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, really smart people and excellent leadership team. Really get the sense that you're working for a market leader that's grown immensely and still has plenty of growth to come. Plenty of employees now but still feels great to work here.

Cons

Teams have changed a lot, so some processes are still being defined. Put this down to growing pains, and it's getting better. Offices are split but will be solved with new global HQ in late 2015.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to all teams' feedback, and keep us posted on what's happening and upcoming.

2. Marketing Engineer

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super supportive managers, exposure and insight into many different departments and top level management, opportunities to work on group projects and collaborate across departments - great way to become an ad tech expert, and good people (it says something that I like spending time with my coworkers!)

Cons

Wish there was a bit more visibility into job placement and more individual work opportunities earlier in program

3. Can't really ask for much more

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

I came from outside the industry and from an environment that was much different than MediaMath. When I first started, I was amazed at how much the company was willing to invest in training its employees. It wasn't just the formal trainings, every single employee is incredibly approachable and willing to offer their knowledge and advice. It felt like the company and all of its employees cared about seeing me succeed, which is an amazing feeling.

Cons

There are certain systems/processes in place that clearly worked when the company was smaller. MediaMath has been growing quickly and some things haven't scaled up with the business. In the grand scheme of things its a good problem to have, and I imagine there are teams working on fixing the issues as I type this. Problems don't go unsolved around here for very long.

Advice to Management

When are we actually moving to the new office? Conference room space is a real issue.

Apr 21, 2015Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to review us! I am thrilled to hear that you’ve been able to adjust nicely from a different industry. There’s no substitute for an open culture in which people feel ... More

5. Best Company to work for

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart People, Great culture, and awesome benefits plans. They have very flexible work and fun environment. You can learn a lot.

There are many good things about which can be actually experienced after working with MM. People are rewarded and recognized for their good work. Awful culture and HR processes.
    Exposed to different cultures and business practices around the globe provides opportunity to work with different peoples.

In short, MediaMath deserves to be a best employer.

Cons

Not exactly, but still team should work on 401 K plan. It can be better than this.

Advice to Management

Please keep up all the splendid work. Hoping this growth will remain forever.

6. Exciting place to work, but not without some challenges

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

The high growth in the company and industry make it an exciting and challenging place to work. There are a lot of really smart people working here and most everyone is dedicated to doing exceptional work.

Cons

As with anywhere, work experience depends a lot on your individual manager. Management training and experience in the leadership could be better. Not a lot of transparency into the processes used for promotions and raises.

Advice to Management

Provide a clearer path to career growth with more consistency across departments. It would also be great if there were more social options offered during the day for bonding at lunch time.

7. Best place I have ever worked!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nicest people and culture I have ever experienced. Business is growing at a staggering rate and plenty of opportunity to be had. Work is interesting and satisfying.

Cons

Perhaps a little heavy on middle management. People tend to get promoted based on tenure rather than skills. New software development is inefficient.

Advice to Management

Replace managers who's teams are not performing.

8. Great place to work!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots to love about this company; Has a start up feel to it, although has been around for while
    Free food
    work/life balance
    Sociable
    Great colleagues

Cons

None i can think of

Amazing culture, great learning experience and stepping-stone to accelerate career

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people, good 'micro-cultures' across various teams, unlimited PTO, huge learning curve, fair work/life balance

Cons

Awful HR culture, ironically. Mediamath is like that internship in college that is a great learning experience, but is unpaid without a single penny of stipend when you really need it.
    Compensation/recognition is severely lacking for Front-of-house teams (from a high-level HR/systematic perspective). Credit is not due when its due and unfortunately causes resentment between internal teams... and skewing overall sentiment towards "dissatisfaction". that's how bad it is :(

Advice to Management

re-evaluate HR and compensation for front of house teams.

Apr 07, 2015Chief People Officer

Thanks for your candid feedback. On your concern areas, we strive to recognize the contributions of the brilliant and dedicated people on our team for the incredible work that they do everyday ... More

10. A very good company to work for

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people. Senior management who know what they're doing. Great products and a company that is going places.

Good work/life balance and very open to flexibility to employee needs - you can WFH if you need to without any fuss. Good pay. Open PTO.

Interesting tech, with some potentially cutting-edge stuff going on.

It's the first place I've ever worked where I happened to be wearing a company-branded shirt and got props on the train home from a random person who thought we're a great company.

Cons

Medical/dental/vision benefits are bit mediocre. For me, the commute to the WTC will be worse.

Sometimes the various disciplines within engineering can seem a bit siloed and prone to throwing stuff over the wall at each other. The current re-org has the potential to deal with that and in general seems to be the right way to go.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I've been impressed by how you've cope with the explosive growth of the company over the last year without losing what makes MediaMath MediaMath. Please don't lose that.

11. Fantastic Work Environment !

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A place were good ideas are supported through to implementation, professional development is supported (there is an entire department dedicated to this!), and people are rewarded and recognized for their good work!

I've been here for over a year now and seen quite a few changes happen as we grew rather rapidly over the past few years and while there are a few growing pains- I am certainly sure that once we move into our new office at 4WTC, some of those will subside. The environment is still as collaborative as it can be with multiple offices and people genuinely care about each other.

The benefits have changed over the years, but I know how hard HR has tried to maintain an employee oriented program to ensure healthcare costs aren't astronomical. They provide two tiers of healthcare plans and also have a healthfund. Vision and Dental costs have increased, but are still affordable (under $5 per paycheck). They recently changed the FSA provider which was a fantastic decision (the new one is lightyears better than the previous one).

It's a very flexible work environment- if you can work effectively and get your work done, no one will really check into what time you arrive in the morning.

It's a very collaborative environment- in my role, I really try to partner with other teams that can enhance my goals and everyone is always on board to help out.

It's a very fun environment- nerf guns, trivia, birthday parties!

Cons

They do provide a 401k match which I feel is typical of many companies nowadays, but wish the match could be higher.

Advice to Management

Maintain your transparency and approachable vibe.

Apr 02, 2015Chief People Officer

Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough review! We are thrilled that you have had such a positive experience at MediaMath—we couldn’t accomplish the things we’ve done without a team filled with ... More