McWane Reviews 1 Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at McWane full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
- Stable industries and diversified to take down years and slow downs.
- Put capital money back into the business.
- Safety has improved. Have invested huge sums of money into changing environmental and safety programs due to huge fines, lawsuits, and jail sentences for management.
Just the facts - Search McWane Frontline, Atlantic States, Tyler Pipe, and/or Pacific States to find out why they started to slowly do the right thing.Cons
- You can feel very much like a number to them.
- Have union and non-union location and try to treat them the same.
- Hire external people rather than promote or develop internal employees.
- Very poor communication from corporate office out to locations.
- Old Boys Club in upper level management especially at corporate. Mountain Brook boys makes the rules. Very few if any women, blacks, asians or hispanics in leadership roles at corporate or out in locations.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Listen to employees and care about the people who make you money. Wouldn't give hourly employees decent raises but kept things like company cars. Some employees who worked there 10+ years had pension slashed wih no notice but older employees kept everything. Raised medical with no notice or care to the lower paid salaried employees. As long as executives get paid and cash in big at the end of the year they don't care about anything else.Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookDisapproves of CEO