McKesson

McKesson Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life(in 42 reviews)

• Very flexible and will allow you to work from home several days a week(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee(in 22 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment(in 28 reviews)

overall good

Proswell paid, good benifits, good bonus and satisfied raise

Consnight shifts, less opportunity for moving on days for salary people

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for. People care about the product and services. Met very nice people to work with.

ConsCommunication between the departments need some work.

Ok - but not true to the ICare principle in the division I worked

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsFinancially stable and has established markets

ConsIn the division I was at, there was too much bureaucracy..too many processes...too much politics... .not much innovation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Test Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily-friendly working environment, flexible work hours, promote work-life balance

ConsRelative low pay in general, even though the senior management did not think so. No plan on resources. Senior management believed that everyone can be replaced by anyone else, in regardless of an employee's experience and learning curve. No matter how many years of experience one might have in the industry, if one does not have a certain skill/experience, McKesson might treat and pay you as a junior no matter what!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet yourself an X-ray and see if your brain is there!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great experience

McKesson (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsAfter a while, you get to know the mentality and you enjoy it. I learned a lot there and I will be gratefull that they let me my chance.

ConsThere is a lack of communication between the departments and the supervisors. I had a rush formation and I didn't felt really welcome at first.

Product Manager

ProsFair pay and bonus
    Intelligent and hard working team
    Fun, respectful

Conscompetitive, even internally
    some 'pets'
    west coast - hard to reach EU/east coast

Worker Opportunity and Development

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsTonnes of work opportunities and departments workers could move to and be involved in. Cross functional and departmental opportunities.

Conscompany culture not widely accepted and implemented. Company process and procedure / due process could be extensive and long.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany culture to be better enforced with champions being found and made to ensure worker compliance in all divisions. Company business process could be reduced and expedited.

Good company.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Richmond, BC

ProsStable company with growth opportunities, fair compensation and benefits.

ConsRed-tape can be significant at times.

Great

ProsLife work balance and great people to work with.
    Company culture is relaxed and engineer driven, and employee are provided with lots of free dome.

ConsPerformance review process is very rigid. Rarely get recognized for your contribution.
    Sometimes it requires lots of process to achieve a small task.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Decent company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally stable, no payroll issues

ConsPoor career advancement opportunities
    lower end of the salary scale

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your staff

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!