McKesson

McKesson Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life(in 42 reviews)

• Very flexible and will allow you to work from home several days a week(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee(in 22 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment(in 28 reviews)

Automation Development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsCompany cares about their employees. Many good workforce development programs

ConsNo real complaints, overall a good company to work for

Was a great employer until 2 years ago

TeleHealth RN (Current Employee)

ProsGet to work at home with resources available via instant messaging for computer issues or clinical questions. Good pay and benefits.

ConsRecently there has been pressure from upper management to meet time metrics without fail. No consideration about the patient. And no consideration of the nurses individual contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not expect that staff will meet the time metrics each and every month.

Great place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsCorporate driven, benefits are great, stock is doing well.

ConsNew training pram needs implemented

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Management and will write you up if a mistake is made

Driver (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsGreat Benefits. Poor pay. Average equipment.

ConsManagement, minimal training, Over-time now that McKesson has purchased us. They want to cut overtime. I was trained for two days. This group flies by the seat of their pants.. The top manager loves to swear alot!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the management out of Auburn WA. and use your own management in Wilsonville OR. Management in WA is a bunch of bullies!!!

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan learn a lot there.

ConsLittle room for advancement there.

Excellent, Exciting

Staging Engineer (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsI enjoyed working here. I would have loved to continue my career here.

ConsThe only "con" is that My contract expired .

Great company

Help Desk Coordinator I (Current Employee) Skokie, IL (US)

ProsWork environment is good. Great benefits and pay. They believe in work-life balance have a lot of opportunities

ConsWorking offsite at another company so I don't always get the McKesson experience. Would like McKesson to visit or check in with their employees that are off site

Great place to work with

ProsGreat culture and people to work

ConsCommunication from high level is disappointing.

Terrible Management in Tempe,Az!!!!

Material Handler (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsCompensation is good,Business is growing,Fast pace enviorment timesflys by never boring

ConsNever say anything to management cause all employees will know your personal issues,No teamwok,Promotions based on favoritism, Work balance is poor,Keep all issues to your self and you will be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that you should treat everyone equal and let employees give feed back they do the process everyday and know what works best sense you don't have a procedure. You need to have a Lead in the warehouse, HR have a one on one with each employee,respect from employees in professional manner not as friend, Hire enough employees so your employees wont be so tired working 12+ hrs

Great Company To Work For

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsVery concerned about a healthy work life balance. Excellent benefits. Very knowledable employees.

ConsLayoffs twice a year which keep people stressed.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!