McAfee

McAfee Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

McAfee President Michael DeCesare

Michael DeCesare

Pros
  • Promotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs(in 66 reviews)

• You have Flexible Working Hours - can come and go as you wish as long as work gets done(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor flexibility with respect to work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes(in 17 reviews)

Smart people focused on next gen high tech security, strong organizational leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart people focused on driving high tech security to the next level with innovative new products. Depth of resources and experience combined with nimble corporate culture. Management invests in and values workforce.

ConsChallenging landscape as security threats increase up and down the HW & Software Stack. Complexity of delivering solution sets and balancing product investments across a spectrum of opportunities may slow decision making.

Great place to work but again depends in which team you are!

Operations (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsBunch of amazing, motivated and pumped up people. Security is the word in each one's mind!

ConsThe compensation and other employee benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing really great.

Depends on your team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLike all jobs, your happiness will depend on your team.

- Most people are friendly and nice.
    - Process here is pretty straight forward.
    - Depending on your organizational leadership, some care more about people well-being than others.

Cons- Lack of direction from overall organization.
    - Fragmented strategies.
    - Different players were out to get each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to lead your team and grasp on what the business needs. To service other teams you have to push your players and not make excuses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsMcAfee offers benefits which are at par with some of the well known companies in valley. Very good company culture. There are some talented folks.

ConsToo much of bureaucracy and vastly distributed teams in some groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire people with fresh perspective and affinity towards products.

Was once great is now not

Account Manager (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsGreat health benefits and some social activities Non management is great very nice people who stick together.

ConsHealth Benefits and social activities cover the fact that their management structure is terrible. They are a fight or flight company if you are not doing well get out training may help but human understanding is thrown out the window.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to stop micro managing your employees and start seeing them as people not numbers.

Senior Financial Analyst

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood exposure, flexible timings, great facilities in office, great policies

Conslimited growth in skill set

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough there is a policy on internal job transfers, India centre needs to make it easier for people to switch jobs

Nice place to work

Senior Tech Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork load is not much, and having good work life balance

ConsMore stress need to be given on communication

Overall a good company

Prosflexible working time.
    good work culture.

Consbad mid-level management.
    anytime layoff can happen to you

Good prospect for full timers

Project Manager (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsPromotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs.

ConsCost Cutting measures often lead to reorganizations among vendors whereas FTEs are more secure.

Disaligned management make McAfee a tough sell right now

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsThere is some work life balance but that really depends on the team and dept you are in. The cafe has decent food, they have seemed to attract SOME very smart people. Their benefits are competitive, the workspace nice and great parking!

ConsSerious lack of growth within the company, relatively no opportunity for upward mobility which can wreak havoc on one's career. The leadership team has serious issues and overall is very weak and not aligned, some recent changes may change that but nothing yet. Some old bad management ways are still in effect and overall morale is low. Compensation package overall is NOT competitive with the valley but even that seems to change depending on what dept you are in and who your supervisor is. If I could rate a 2.5 I would

Advice to Senior ManagementSome major change needs to happen to prevent the wheels from falling off the cart, and this is not happening fast enough. Execs need to agree on the direction and focus of the company

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!