Marriott Vacation Club

www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com
Employer Engaged

It is a great company who treats its employees the best

Current Employee - Manager Information Technology in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Information Technology in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good perks
    Great work environment
    Nice culture

Cons

Nothing special
    promotions
    Projects take too long to kick start
    Afraid of using new technologies
    Process automation
    PMO / BA methodology

Better Resort rates

Not a good place to work.

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club

Pros

Associate discount rates at Marriotts worldwide.

Cons

Management, pay, work life balance.

Sales Executive

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good reputation of company and income pre-qualifications help.

Cons

Unrealistic sales expectations based on tour flow. Sales rotation changes daily and commissions change monthly. Must wait a year for any transfer.

Set commission rates and bonus hurdles so that employees can have a steady expectation. Use a true rotation without favoritism.

Good Place To Start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Coast, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Coast, CA (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a good place to start your learning experience in the marketing/sales industry. Some holidays off. Good work life / work balance. Training is on your own available on line.

Cons

Most of the management teams have worked together at other properties in their hay day! ( it's like a family reunion among management team). Promoting to management could be difficult or challenging, you may have to put in many years and move to other sites to promote within. Compensation plans changes frequently.

Awesome Company and Awesome People!

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Newport Coast, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Newport Coast, CA (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Leadership and a Great Benefits package

Cons

At times, employee parking :)

Keep doing what you're doing. Working here was a great experience and the people that work at this location are really awesome!

Unlimited opportunities for growth, performance based pay, always new opportunities that are most of the time lucrative!

Current Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a commission based job sometimes has negative connotations, however the sales and marketing department at OceanWatch is always growing with new limitless opportunity. This job is what you make it, and the harder you work the more $$ you make!

Cons

Change is difficult for some to deal with, but if you like changing pace and direction frequently then you will thrive in this environment.

It is important to hit budget, especially for management. However, talking about it in the way where employees only hear about the best interests of upper management hitting their bonuses can be upsetting when some of those budget cuts are detrimental to certain departments.

It was a great experience!

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They understood that family comes first and leadership was always understanding

Cons

Some times things seem to be mirco managed

Bureaucracy and favoritism, but real opportunity.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Kapolei, HI (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Kapolei, HI (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You will work with some of the greatest sales people in the industry. You will find that most, if not all, of the sales staff has compassion and experience with how to deal with the struggles that everyone faces at one time or another. Mentoring and understanding will only go so far, because each and every salesperson will have to find his or her own path to success. Some things are difficult to duplicate, but if you learn the basics and build a foundation to build upon, than you will give yourself the opportunity to succeed.

Cons

Management, C-Level, and Policy. With a mediocre product, in my opinion, you will struggle to help your clients see the benefit unless you truly believe in what you're offering. I suggest you sincerely look at what your offering and find a way to believe in it, because if you can't than you will not succeed.

I worked for some really good people and managers. Talented and motivated to help the sales people succeed, however they were often handcuffed by the policies put in place each and every month. Policies changed so often that it made it hard to get the ball rolling. Proven sales people were able to see more opportunities, which are provided for you, and therefore were able to find more success. You have to have people to talk to in order to get them to buy something. I will say this: Things change almost weekly, so what I experienced may be totally different now. The only thing you can count on is that things change. Be ready for it.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Former Employee - At Your Service Agent in Palm Desert, CA (US)
    Former Employee - At Your Service Agent in Palm Desert, CA (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The crew was incredible and always willing to help. I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did if it weren't for them. They made coming to work worth it. Some managers knew what it meant to be a part of a team and have the crew's back. A lot of the guests were awesome and just wanted to start their vacations. I got tipped with cash and, one time, a whole lot of alcohol. Now that's a perk! The schedule was fairly flexible, management wanted to this job to be your priority but they also understood if people had second jobs or went to school. Great benefits. If the property did well we would have parties and receive gift cards. Great discount on hotel rooms. Occasionally the concierges would get invites to try local restaurants in the area to try and drum up more business, so that meant we got to go there and eat and drink for free! It was very rare that a time off request wasn't granted.

Cons

Because it's time shares, we're limited in what we can do to help and some guests didn't understand that. Some guests would come just to try and get things for free (cleanings, room credits). The spring break crowd always had a lot of attitude and little money. Really rude guests during peak season who just wouldn't compromise if they couldn't get exactly what they wanted. The pay didn't match the hard work we had to do. 90% of the time the company wouldn't believe an associate over a guest. Some of the managers would try and avoid having to go help with large crowds or angry guests. One associate could mess things up for everyone. As much as they wanted to insist this wasn't the case, there wasn't enough work for everyone when it was slow, and we couldn't even read or surf the web during these times if certain managers were around. I wanted to move into being a rooms controller but kept getting the runaround by management.

Waste of time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, flexibility about working hours but a part from that I cannot think about any other pros...

Cons

Not enough staff, embarrassing management, no chances of progression (unless you are friend with someone), useless HR. They sell their benefits as top quality but with the salary you will get you won't be able to use them. Forget the bonuses (unless you just started in your position). People working there are not evaluated for what they worth and the work they do. Crazy dress code

Consider raise the salary, change in management (especially after all the mistakes they do). Consider revising the incentives, too many things are not clear about them.

Marriott Vacation Club Photos

Marriott
Corpoate Office
Entrance Sign (only signage for the resort unfortunately)

+ Add Photo