Marriott Vacation Club

Updated 25 August, 2014

3.6

Marriott Vacation Club President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz

Pros
  • Great benefits and discounts, flexible work schedule, great upbeat environment (in 10 reviews)

• Very good benefits package, lots of changes coming with the integration of independence (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The front desk system is still backdated from 1987 (in 2 reviews)

• comp plan has changed numerous times but not that great of a variance, very high turnover but I'm sure that's normal for a call center (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent work environment. Gave me all the control over my responsibilities that I needed. Extremely successful at Marr

Former Employee - Vice President Worldwide Funds Development  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President Worldwide Funds Development in Bethesda, MD (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Provided the optimal environment for me to succeed at the job that I needed.
    Terrific leadership. Gave me the optimal balance that I needed for family and work.

Cons

Marriott does lean toward watching out for those who are Catholic versus all other religions. This may seem counter to the ownership of Marriott. The Marriott family are very strong in their religion, LDS (Mormons).

Pick the right person to perform the jobs at the senior level instead of trying out a less senior person and hope they can accomplish the tasks.

My last year was 1993. Your drop down does not go that far back.

Best Company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company is very focused on ensuring employees are happy. Incredible benefits. One week of dedication to appreciate employees. Various opportunities to learn and grow. Flex hours. Hotel discounts. Management is great. Friendly and Approachable.

Cons

Yearly raises are minimal so negotiate salary from the start. Company is frugal in terms of compensating for Team Outings. Very few cons that I can think of. Incredible company to work for if you have the opportunity.

Marketing Coordinator

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good team environment, local leadership was great to work for

Cons

company unstable, many layoffs, top-level leadership lacking direction

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not for feeble minds

Current Employee - Know IT All  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Know IT All in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent insurance, flexible hours, fair bonuses if you are a hard worker, travel discounts, floor level managers care.

Cons

No cost of living increase for 14 years, promotion is near impossible, senior level managers don't care or understand. To many systems for so little pay, using upto 8 systems in one call. They expect high level conversations for low level pay. Push push push insurance on eveyone for a better bottom line.

You get what you pay for, read the writing on the wall before everyone jumps ship.

Fun environment but somewhat unprofessional management.

Current Employee - Vacation Planner  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Vacation Planner in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back and fun environment to work, no micro managing at all. Nice facility.

Cons

Some managers are better than others. No ongoing sales training, or help improving sales when asked. Mostly left to your own devices to sink or swim. Also, disrespectful comments to some subordinates, unprofessional management conduct.

Be professional, have ongoing training to improve teams performance. DO NOT speak negatively about or to employees in front of other employees, this is not high school.

Sales oriented company

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time

Pros

Good and fair working environment

Cons

No career progression and increment not significant

Very demanding

Former Employee - Tax Accountant  in  Lakeland, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Lakeland, FL (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is reasonable. Great team environment. There will always be work to do and the team is currently expanding. There are opportunities to move up in the company if you have the desire to seek it.

Cons

If working on an hourly position, there are strict rules about working overtime. Or if working on a salary position, there may be a demand to work a little more than a typical 40-hour week.

Great company to work for. For proper training, please continue to utilize job aides to help new hires in their transition to their role.

marriott

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

is Marriott good gm and good team to work with

Cons

is not Marriott corporation so is not to the Marriott standards

Great Company... for the most part

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When the company is doing well the employees are treated very well with terrific incentives, development opportunities and a genuine culture of growth and betterment for the employees.

Cons

When the $$ isn't flowing, all that goes out the window but they try to put on the facade that it still exists. It is not fun to be a manager/leader during times like this as you feel you are always faking it till you make it. For some this isn't hard.. but for those who are innately genuine it can be very tough.

Think more before you act. So many decisions were based on greed and $ rather than putting the time in look at all the angles before jumping into new projects, product offerings, systems and/or divisions. This practice of course is not reserved for MVCI, but when they say they are one way, and they act in a totally opposite fashion.. it is going to have an effect on the overall culture of a company in the long term. To be fair my scores would have been much higher in the first few years of my career with MVCI.. they definitely eroded along with the culture overtime. I would like to think it eroded as opposed to a general naivety on my part. I would like to think they do have the ability and some select leaders that could pull it back up to where it was at one time.

Working for the company was a wonderful, exciting and growing experience. I had pride and loved my job.

Former Employee - Human Resources  in  Newport Coast, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Newport Coast, CA (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work Ethics, growth, benefits, overall family feeling with the associates

Cons

Company downsized and eliminated Human Resources department.

Empower and let your associates grow.

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!