Marriott Vacation Club

Marriott Vacation Club Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Marriott Vacation Club President Steve Weisz

Steve Weisz

Pros
  • Great benefits and discounts, flexible work schedule, great upbeat environment (in 10 reviews)

• Very good benefits package, lots of changes coming with the integration of independence (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The front desk system is still backdated from 1987 (in 2 reviews)

• comp plan has changed numerous times but not that great of a variance, very high turnover but I'm sure that's normal for a call center (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Not for feeble minds

Know IT All (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsDecent insurance, flexible hours, fair bonuses if you are a hard worker, travel discounts, floor level managers care.

ConsNo cost of living increase for 14 years, promotion is near impossible, senior level managers don't care or understand. To many systems for so little pay, using upto 8 systems in one call. They expect high level conversations for low level pay. Push push push insurance on eveyone for a better bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for, read the writing on the wall before everyone jumps ship.

Fun environment but somewhat unprofessional management.

Vacation Planner (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsVery laid back and fun environment to work, no micro managing at all. Nice facility.

ConsSome managers are better than others. No ongoing sales training, or help improving sales when asked. Mostly left to your own devices to sink or swim. Also, disrespectful comments to some subordinates, unprofessional management conduct.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional, have ongoing training to improve teams performance. DO NOT speak negatively about or to employees in front of other employees, this is not high school.

Sales oriented company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood and fair working environment

ConsNo career progression and increment not significant

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very demanding

Tax Accountant (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsThe pay is reasonable. Great team environment. There will always be work to do and the team is currently expanding. There are opportunities to move up in the company if you have the desire to seek it.

ConsIf working on an hourly position, there are strict rules about working overtime. Or if working on a salary position, there may be a demand to work a little more than a typical 40-hour week.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company to work for. For proper training, please continue to utilize job aides to help new hires in their transition to their role.

Great Company... for the most part

Director (Current Employee)

ProsWhen the company is doing well the employees are treated very well with terrific incentives, development opportunities and a genuine culture of growth and betterment for the employees.

ConsWhen the $$ isn't flowing, all that goes out the window but they try to put on the facade that it still exists. It is not fun to be a manager/leader during times like this as you feel you are always faking it till you make it. For some this isn't hard.. but for those who are innately genuine it can be very tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more before you act. So many decisions were based on greed and $ rather than putting the time in look at all the angles before jumping into new projects, product offerings, systems and/or divisions. This practice of course is not reserved for MVCI, but when they say they are one way, and they act in a totally opposite fashion.. it is going to have an effect on the overall culture of a company in the long term. To be fair my scores would have been much higher in the first few years of my career with MVCI.. they definitely eroded along with the culture overtime. I would like to think it eroded as opposed to a general naivety on my part. I would like to think they do have the ability and some select leaders that could pull it back up to where it was at one time.

marriott

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosis Marriott good gm and good team to work with

Consis not Marriott corporation so is not to the Marriott standards

Working for the company was a wonderful, exciting and growing experience. I had pride and loved my job.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Newport Coast, CA (US)

ProsWork Ethics, growth, benefits, overall family feeling with the associates

ConsCompany downsized and eliminated Human Resources department.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and let your associates grow.

Excellent company, great career growth, solid leadership and structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe leadership is top notch. Very thorough thinkers that attract and keep some of the most talented minds in the field. The company culture is rock solid. Work perks are wonderful...discounted stays at Marriott, 401K, etc.

ConsCareer growth may require relocation. There are no other cons to add to the list. Seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has been an honor and a pleasure to work with the team. May our paths cross again.

Full of experience

Marketing (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsOpen to ideas and creativity

ConsUnsure of its place against competitors

Marriott vacation club only cars about money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa nice associates lounge but you can't eat there

ConsTo much drama. They don't really train you on selling. There 2 week training is a joke. You spend your day calling former Marriott guests trying to sell vacation packages.

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!