Marriott Reviews

3.7
1,307 Reviews

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson
Arne Sorenson

Pros
  • Marriott really focuses on a good work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance went away with the re-organization of the sales department (in 46 reviews)

• No work life balance, very long hours that inmediate supervisors don't appreciate (in 71 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job

Former Employee - Night Auditor  in  Goodyear, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Goodyear, AZ (US)

I worked at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great job great app don't know what I would do without it now great app would recommend to everyone

Cons

No cons every thing is great working for a company weather part time or full time hope my words could help someone

Great job

awesome working with marriott international

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative (Front Desk)  in  Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative (Front Desk) in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than a year

Pros

best employee welfare well cultured environment

Cons

salary may be a concern

My days at the Marriott. Where the long days and even longer nights pay off... sometimes.

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work atmosphere to thrive and learn in one of the top hospitality companies. And the ability to meet new people and network.

Cons

There really isn't even that many cons besides the management companies that can take over the franchised hotels. In my time here we have had many management companies come and go and I won't say who but the current one is a terrible company to work for.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marriott Select Service Hotels - Residence Inn Example

Former Employee - Security  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Security in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at a Select Service Marriott Hotel will give you experience in all area of hotel operations if you want to seek it out. My last hotel had nearly 200 rooms and only 40 employees. Plan on working in at least two different hotel departments on a regular basis from the department your job position is written for. Now this can be fun and rewarding but depends heavily on the small management team and that during low occupancy one maybe doing the work of 2 or 3 paid employees during a high season. Your pay doesn't increase with the work load and you always have to keep up your primary job duties just like that was your only 40 hrs assignment.

Cons

The hourly pay at Marriott Select Service hotels is usually $3 -4 dollars less than that same position summary at a Full Service hotel and again the work load and working outside of your job description happens every day. There are very few if any leadership position to move up into. If you want to move up in your Marriott Career then don't stay at a Select Service hotel more than 2 years. Learn your job, get the managers to write a strong yearly evaluation on you and FORCE THEM TO GIVE YOU A COPY OF THE EVALUTION FOR YOUR RECORDS. My previous hotel only did yearly evaluations on only about 25% of the staff.

No upward movement

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

I love my job position.

Cons

The pay is not good

There is nothing they can do from what I was told

Great company - Good balance between professional & personal life

Former Employee - Global Sales  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Global Sales in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good Company culture
    - Supervisors are encouraged to empower their teams

Cons

- Associate rates are not the best, and they are not easily available

Marriott Internship

Former Employee - CollegeHuman Resources  in  Lexington, KY (US)
    Former Employee - CollegeHuman Resources in Lexington, KY (US)

I worked at Marriott as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth within the company. They love to let you work in other areas and are more than willing to help you succeed wherever you are. Every employee does their best to make guests stay the best possible.

Cons

Hospitality takes a variety of different hours to make it successful. Some late nights, weekends or holidays will be necessary, but the values and benefits make up for it. Sometimes you will get grumpy guests, but a smile and a positive attitude can help you get through it while pleasing your guest.

HR Trainee Berlin

Former Employee - Human Resources Trainee
    Former Employee - Human Resources Trainee

I worked at Marriott as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Since it was a small office with only three to four employees, you get a lot of responsibilities. Even though I was an intern, I eliminated the first round of applicants for an apprenticeships before I forwarded potential ones to the Coordinator. I was involved in a lot of work processes throughout the whole internship, which gave me a very good view on how working as a full time employee would be.

Cons

There is no chance of starting as a full time employee, they mostly hire high school graduates for that position to fill in basic work like data entry, sorting, early application processes, sending and receiving emails, being there for employee request like vacation, sick days and etc.

Great company to work for!

I worked at Marriott as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture and values. Cross trained in a variety of settings to gain a lot of experience. The hotel was really a tight-knit group and really came together to exceed guest expectations. Direct supervisors were great and empowered me to always act how I saw fit.

Cons

The hours could be very long and tiring. Sometimes felt understaffed. My work-life balance didn't feel great at the time, I should have asked for more time off!

Excellent.

Current Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Cancún (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Cancún (Mexico)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Is a good place to learn.

Cons

Communication can be better. Departments can have better communication with one another.

Consider leadership.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!