Market Leader

Market Leader Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Market Leader President Ian Morris

Ian Morris

You get what you put into it...

ProsThe new, combined (w/ Trulia) management team is very strong and analytics driven. Know your KPIs and drive hard toward them and you'll do great.

ConsNo real cons although you need to go in with eyes wide open. No matter what attempts are made to boost morale (beer, free food, etc.) or make the org "friendly," the organization is a machine. You need to hit your numbers and/or dates consistently... period.

Good People - Average Company

Sales (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsThis is a good place to build your resume for sales experience. A lot of the people are great and the company provides a great location, building, food options, etc.

ConsA very small percentage (about 10%) of sales people actually hit quota and make any decent money. Expectations were not set properly regarding that during the interview process. A number of employees sell dishonestly and lack integrity.

Fun, fast-paced environment - awesome product!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsThe product is amazing and really helps real estate agents succeed. Well-defined sales process, plentiful leads, coworkers that really care. Hands-on management style. Growing like crazy - opportunities for advancement and career growth. Many long-term employees (8+ years). New office in Bellevue is beautiful, spacious & close to transit. Company paid insurance, time off, ORCA card, passport card.

ConsNot too many cons except that inside sales is challenging and quotas are monthly. Must enjoy cold calling.

Jun 02, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. As an experienced sales professional, your experience and advice to new hires is the most accurate testimonial. Please let us know how we can continue to improve ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Racist, sexist, old boys club

Inside Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsLots of fairly good sales training. Great benefits.

ConsExpected to work for free and perform additional training activities off the clock. 99% white male sales force. Extremely dysfunctional management style. Dishonest sales techniques encouraged and supported.
    The product itself is sub-par, over-priced and quite non-competitive. Unprofessional sales force.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of your vulnerability for a class action lawsuit based on race and sex discrimination as well as sexual harassment by management.

Great employees that are fun to work with!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsThe people are very energetic and fun. The culture is relaxed yet everyone works very hard. The office is great as well. It's nice to see a company that invests in the employees. I have seen many people be promoted from within here, and I've only worked here for four months.

ConsThere aren't many cons here. One could be working with a company that sells products in the real estate industry because the industry can go up and down. The company has put many things in place though to ensure that market dips won't affect employees.

May 23, 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know how we can continue improving.

AMAZING COMPANY!

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsThe values here are REAL - not merely a list on a wall. An exceptionally team-focused environment. Everyone has a voice. The interview process and onboarding was the best I've ever experienced. This company understands how critical branding is, and I would have been a Market Leader fan for life based purely on my interview/recruiting experience, whether or not I was selected for the role. Exceptional benefits - truly a Cadillac plan, unheard of in today's marketplace.

ConsParking is tight, but the company has arranged a solid alternative parking lot, plus Orca cards for employees. And the Bellevue Transit Center is very close.

May 07, 2014

Welcome aboard! We're thrilled to have you on the team.

Awesome

ProsIts Good product and awesome employees!

ConsThe only thing I would like to see is a slight change in the compensation plan

May 07, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please get with me or anyone on the HR team to discuss your recommendations for your compensation plan. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Good mid-level sales opportunity

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsRapid growth, opportunity to succeed, friendly people, fun atmosphere
    great benefits

Constelephone sales are challenging, ramp period is difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus strategies while in growth mode

May 07, 2014

Thanks for letting us know your concerns. Please let me or anyone on the HR team know what we can do to help new sales folks feel more successful during the learning process. We'd love to hear your ... More

Seriously outdated product, bad management

Developer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsSalary is good for developers, work load is reasonable, office space is brand new, free soda for employees.

ConsProduct is very outdated and ridiculously complicated, but no one seems to care about fixing it. The other employees in my group (engineering) seem like they're all satisfied with doing the bare minimum to get by and receive a paycheck. No one seems motivated to improve themselves or the product they're working on. Each time I've made suggestions of how things could be improved, the response is "We know we need to do that, but we just don't have time" or "Yeah, good luck with that".

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some freaking pride in your product and fix this junk. Don't you realize that your target audience (real estate agents) is a bunch of frantically busy people who A) don't have hardly any free time and B) are not tech-savvy. This product should make their lives easier, not introduce a huge set of systems and options that they have no idea how to use. This product is in serious need of a complete overhaul to simplify a product that has become a frankenstein of power-user features and make it something that the average real estate agent can pick up and begin using without any special training.

May 07, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Please get with me at your earliest opportunity. I welcome your thoughts on how to remedy what you've outlined. Christy

Great product

Account Executive (Inside Sales) (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsNice people, free drinks, fun committee

ConsNot enough opportunity for sales people

May 07, 2014

We appreciate your time in reviewing our company. Please get with me or anyone in HR or the sales leadership with your recommendations for growth opportunities. We'd love to hear from you.

Worked for Market Leader? Contribute to the Community!