Main Street Hub

Updated 15 September, 2014
Updated 15 September, 2014
3.9

Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You will also make a lot of money along the way (in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management claims to care about employees, but will fire them at the drop of a hat (in 7 reviews)

• There is not room for growth or personal development (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome Experience

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work culture, great leadership. Fantastic communication

Cons

I have no cons whatsoever

N/A this company is going places

Fun entry-level job, but I was never sold

Former Employee - Content Team  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Content Team in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Young, fun, hip employees who are smart, hardworking, and creative.
    -Snacks and happy hours.
    Excitement of working at a growing, successful company.
    -Resume booster. I learned how to crank out a ton of work and get really good at my job, then took those skills elsewhere as soon as I could.
    -Middle management is hands on and dedicated.
    -Lots of internal promotion because they're growing so fast.

Cons

-Really repetitive workload that gets to be soul-sucking before long. Many people end up working nights and weekends to finish. Our books were almost always over capacity.
    -If you envisioned a rapidly changing startup with new ideas being implemented every day, think again. From training to evaluation to product improvements, most everything is highly formalized. This is nice in some sense, but it really lowers the morale of some teams when the complaints they've voiced over and over and over again never seem to gain any traction.
    -The Content Team is not compensated for kicking butt in the way that other teams are. A success (and bonus) in Sales or Client Relations ends up being just more work for Content. Different teams are driven by completely different goals, metrics, and compensation, and it all trickles down to the Content Team having to put up with needy clients who our services were never right for to begin with.

I hate to say it, but offering incentivized bonuses or increasing our pay even a little bit would boost morale SO MUCH. I'd have been willing to put up with a lot more. It's really tough living on 31k a year with student loans in a city where cost of living is only getting higher.

Boiler room setting with Very little potential for growth

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff is young and all get along really well. They do fun events a few times a month as a way to clear your head and forgot the endless cold-calling you do day in and day out

Cons

The service is only beneficial for companies that are very comp illiterate. After personally looking up customers accounts after they had signed-up (which is frowned upon by management) Many promises our sales staff is told to tell customers , never happen.

Allow more room to grow in the company and all though hard closing is necessary in most inside sales positions , lying to customers is only going to harm the company reputation in the long-run. The service you provide is helping word of mouth reputations stay positive... so I would assume your own company values would strive to have customers stay positive. We Used to be told to use the same few "satisfied" customers as selling references, however those few references were also only happy due to "free service"

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Main Street Hub - Challenge accepted

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture!! It is a fun work environment for those who don't like sitting in a quiet cubicle all day. Theres music playing, free food, and just a great overall place to be stuck at for 9 hours/day. The company has rapidly grown for the better and to be honest this job is not for everyone and I wouldn't take some of these negative reviews too seriously. Having a great work-ethic, mental fortitude, and a desire to make money will make you successful at MSH. The monthly and quarterly commission structure is great! The harder you work, the more and more you can get paid! I don't think I've ever had a job where I get excited to come in to work everyday to basically be with people I call friends and get to make money at the same time. If you have a work hard, play hard mentality, you will be fine here. Also because the company has recently made big changes in its upper management, the career path has gotten a lot of transparent in the last few months. They want more people to be promoted within and move up in the company.

Cons

This is not an easy job. The starting pay may not be the best and it's cold calling. The ones who come in here and treat it like another job where they clock in and out and collect a paycheck, are the ones who don't last long here and are frustrated as to why and it probably is because they lacked hard work and didn't reach out for help. The people who are highly motivated and work hard inside and outside the office to get better everyday are the ones who make extremely big paychecks! Trust me, i've seen some. It is cold calling and the uphill battle right out of the gates is going to be tough. You are going to get rude people and hung up on a lot, but the more experience, knowledge of the product, and work more efficiently you start closing deals and warm leads will start making it your way.

The hiring process needs to be better more strict and rigorous. Finding more people who are motivated and driven.

traumatizing

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

nothing positive about this dump of a company

Cons

deceiving CEOs
    no integrity
    ex cons welcome

sit on a board and hire people who know what they are doing

Young Owners- Immature Company

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a fun start-up environment.

Cons

Not a transparent company. Upper management are not able to use talent that they were hired for because the owners are controlling micro-managers and their lack of knowledge and support of employees is felt all the way down the chain.

sit on a board and hire someone who knows what they are doing

...and the journey is still going...

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want success, then work hard and push yourself. Management will support you when following best practices and frankly just doing your job.

Cons

The keg is tapped out, oh no!

Leadership is clear cut, be prepared to roll with the many changes making the various better.

Challenging, room for growth, amazing culture

Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's hard to not be excited about what's ahead at MSH. Not only has the company seen consistent growth over the past year, but they stick to their core values and what really matters to the company, its employees and its clients. Of all the companies I've worked for, MSH offers the best balance of a fun, hard-working culture, career and growth opportunities, and strong leadership. People seem hungry to keep things going this way, as well, which is exciting.

Cons

No 401k program (young people don't seem to care!) Parking not paid for in expensive downtown area, but with how much we are growing this would be a massive expense for the company.

I was told to do this so here I go

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

The highlight of my day is when I get to watch the yuppy white kids lip-sync to drake or lil wayne. It reminds me of that movie Office Space where the guy is rapping in the car. Don't let Eminem come on, they get so tough and angry that it messes up their putt putt game on the sales floor. Of course I wouldn't be a true Main Street Hub vet if I didn't say happy hour and kegs. Oh yeah you're a "vet" if you make it past 3 months. I've been here about 9 months and I swear I've met every sales person in Austin. That's how many people have come and gone. It's a revolving elevator. I like the recognition after a sale. Banging the gong in the middle of a sales floor is cool, especially when theres a training class or someones interviewing, I feel so cool.
    Oh yeah everyone gets hired. Sales or no sales background, come on down

Cons

downtown parking, $8/day starts to add up. happy hours start to add up. commission structure is horrible! I actually saw someone fall off the wagon while working here.

keep doing what you're doing. we will follow you blindly into the fire. as long as you keep feeding us beer. #hublife

Great culture with a huge opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is not the easiest job out there, but if you work hard will will be rewarded. There is continual support from management and peers. This company is growing every month so there is a ton of opportunity for advancement in that aspect. Even with growth they have been able to maintain a good culture and fun environment. Also did I mention the comp plan!!

Cons

You have to continue to work hard everyday, this is not a job you can just coast through.

Continue to hire great people!!

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!