Maimonides Medical Center
www.maimonidesmed.org Brooklyn, NY 5000+ Employees

Maimonides Medical Center Reviews

Updated Apr 04, 2014
Maimonides Medical Center – Brooklyn – “Maimonides Medical Center”

Maimonides Medical Center President and CEO Pam Brier

Pam Brier

Nice Hospital to work

Director Clinical Documentation Integrity & CodingCompliance (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployee centered , Good place to work and learn

ConsOutside vendors and contractors sometimes more influance than inside employees.

Good but tough

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Prosgood benefits and compensation the chance to make a real difference

Consextremely demanding, loud and diverse in the heart of one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the world

just an fyi ....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAlot of great people work here, its easy to make lasting friendships.

Consthis hospital is notorious for letting people go without warning, written notice or just laying you off every two years. noone is safe. and there isnt any advocacy for temps or new employees. managment is useless in this area unfortunately.

Advice to Senior Managementreconsider what diversity means, you currently are too black and white literally . there isnt enouph true diversity.

Poor Management, Nobody cares about patients

Information Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center part-time for more than a year

ProsPros: Some perks (discounts, movie tickets) on the MMC intranet.

ConsIt's mainly about who you know and not your skill set. Extremely poor management - doing things on the clock which do not pertain to the job. They push tasks off to others instead of handling themselves. Most employees working at MMC are only there for a paycheck. MMC is almost like a high school.

Summer paid volunteer

Summer Volunteer (Former Employee)

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center as an intern for less than a year

ProsSuperiors are nice
flexible work
professional environment

Consnot much to learn
really low salary

It's an ok place to work

Surgical Tech (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe distance cause it's close to home

ConsNot enough money. Salary should be higher.

Good entry level learning experience but poor job growth and oppressive company culture

ProsCompetitive salary, great coworkers, great learning environment for new graduates

Consoppressive management, poor support, micromanagers, revolving door culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage professionals

okay experience overall

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Prosget all observed Jewish holidays, paid time off. Lots of great restaurants close by to have lunch. close to public transportation. Very diverse neighborhood, staff

Consnot enough raises or opportunites to grow or promotions. Parking is always horrible in the neighborhood. Preferential treatment in administration, especially dept of surgery.

I stay because, of my responsibilities

ProsUnion, Benefits, Amount of time one obtains as vacation when one has reached five years, & pay.

ConsHave employees who can retire, and simply take up space, and time. Management sees their mistakes but, at this point doesn't reprimand them for it. Wants to make a newbie feel as if responsible for learning all the work meanwhile, the staff that has been there only does their job and doesn't cover if one is absent. Will leave work if that person is on vacation, sick or has taken a personal day for them to complete upon their return. Can only imagine if the person passed away unexpectedly for a few weeks or months, someone will have to do the work till someone is hired and trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementBascially, have her employees who have been at the job learn all the jobs for their job position so, when you hire new people they also learn all jobs for their position. This will ensure none of the employees ever feel not in the loop.

Very Good Potential Organization ruined by Horrible Upper Mgmt.

Applications Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOrganization has many hard-working, competent, decent, dedicated workers. These employees are the only staff which allow the organization to function at all. make Most care deeply about getting the job done and are usually willing to work long hours and do
whatever they're able to do a good job. Most are always willing to work with other
employees, and sincerly want to see their fellow employees succeed. There are talented
work

ConsUpper Mgmts stunning failures in any useful communication, engaging in bullying and refusal to listen to any subordinates potential solutions that do not completely agree with it's own narrow 'ideas'. Mgmt's overly secrective to own employess, continually fails to disclose the most basic information to the staff. Much of this mgmt spends far to much time playing CYA games to protect their own employment and is dysfunctional and has no patience nor vision how to effectively manage a staff. Unfortunently, this culture of fear comes from the top down. Advice to anyone offered employment especially in MIS. Run, Do not accept a position in this dept, as you will regret it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement on almost every level needs to be held accountable for staggering revenue loses for reasons they've never bothered to explain. Mgmt badly needs new leadership to replace the negative, secret very questionable financial decisions and the puzzling hiring of outside consulting companies usually hired at great cost to do the same jobs the organization's employees are already performing.

Worked for Maimonides Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maimonides Medical Center reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Maimonides Medical Center CEO Pam Brier. All 24 reviews are posted anonymously by Maimonides Medical Center employees.