MEDNAX

www.mednax.com

MEDNAX Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
MEDNAX – Lubbock – “New NICU (ground level) at University Medical…”

MEDNAX – Lubbock – “New NICU (ground level) at University Medical…”

MEDNAX CEO and Director Roger J. Medel

Roger J. Medel

Rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOutgoing environment with room for growth. Departments work as a team and get work accomplished with in a timely manner.

ConsYou have to ask to meet the higher ups for a company that claims to be family oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your employees know that you appreciate them.

Great Company!

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Orange, CA (US)

ProsI worked there as a temp and was impressed with their culture and the way they treat their employees - they are very good at recognizing and rewarding them.

ConsNone I encountered while there.

Frustrating at best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, decent pay, non management employees are a pleasure to work with

ConsLow salary cap, lack of support from management, no room for advancement for non regional offices, report driven

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your non supervisory employees regarding compliance and other issues from supervisors or you will continue to lose good and long term employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Job for student or recent grad who's looking for healthcare experience

Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) Germantown, TN (US)

ProsFlexible schedule; paid training!; scrubs provided; personal time with moms and dads and assorted family of newborns (this interaction is the VERY BEST part of the job); no set off-time, you get to leave once you've completed screening all babies eligible; you're not trying to sale anything, the hearing test is state-mandated and if the parent's still refuse, they may do so

ConsBEING ON-CALL; can't turn into a career; your job can be hindered if the screener before you didn't do their job correctly; the newborns HAVE to be very calm to perform test and this is not always possible; having to request moms to fill out a survey

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to be able to add input as an employee as to changes that need to be made. Even if those changes don't always happen, I feel like employees should be given more opportunities to submit suggestions for company changes

Wonderful rewarding company

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL (US)

ProsGreat bonus and training and advancement

ConsNo cons, well this is very difficult as I do not have and cons to speak off

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways promoting within

Was, in general, a good experience as medical director/physician.

Medical Director/Physician (Former Employee)

ProsThe company provides lots of support.

ConsThey are sometimes slow to react to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to react faster to the changes in the market and need to keep connected in a more effective fashion to the physcians that are working in office base practices.

Newborn hearing screener

Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee)

ProsGreat introduction to audiology, and great staff! Very understanding and easy to work with, a great company to work for.

ConsHiring process is very lengthy and not thoroughly thought through. Pay should be higher for the tasks expected of you and the flexibility expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor high birth rate hospitals the positions should have the option to be full time and their should be benefits for part time employees. Make sure new applicants fully understand potential hours in high birth rate hospitals, do not expect employees to do full time hours in a part time position without higher pay and benefits.

Good experience in non-education related field.

Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) West Covina, CA (US)

ProsThe job itself was relatively easy. I also enjoyed the experience and the people who I worked with.

ConsThe hours were impossible to make a living off of.

Cheap company

Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsFlexible if you have a responsible crew

ConsThe pay is very low, not worth your time if you need a steady paycheck coming in, the staff always quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people, and then maybe they will stay and work. Too many people take this job only to find out they aren't paid a living wage.

Provides good patient care

NNP (Current Employee)

ProsSupportive Management and flexible scheduling.

ConsLack of opportunities for advancement.

Worked for MEDNAX? Contribute to the Community!