MD Anderson

MD Anderson Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

MD Anderson President Ronald A. DePinho

Ronald A. DePinho

Pros
  • Work efforts are not challenging so its easy to maintain a work-life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Work-life balance, great benefits, opportunity to work with people who come different backgrounds(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • We had to pay for parking and in my opinion it was too much(in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance was not a priority of my direct supervisor(in 5 reviews)

ok

Research Data Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsVery strong culture and mission. Staff are motivated and involved in their work

ConsSome micromanaging and the quality of mangers varies by department

Sr. Secretary

Senior Secretary (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent company to work for, great benefits, tuition reimbursement, a lot of room for professional growth

ConsBig and hierarchy...too many politics

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within!!! GIVE EMPLOYEES OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE

Pediatric Oncology was rewarding and it gave you many blessings to be thankful for in your own life.

Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsInsurance Benefits
    PTO
    Many advancement tools for your career

ConsOncology burden
    Joining committees, pact's, to maintain a substantial great performance review

Advice to Senior ManagementTo not loose sight of what nursing is really about caring, empathy, and a positive aspect to the patients and patients care. Not making about its just a job and financial gain.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Clinical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsEncourage learning other skills or sharpening your current skills.

ConsSlow salary increases for positions

Great Job

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Proswelcomed, Family feel like environment, excellent place to work, large institution, Department willing to work with you to achieve your personal and academic goals.

ConsN/A, The job was demanding and therefore it require my dedication No Cons to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

High end standard in the healthcare industry

CLS Trainee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsLearn a lot from every where. The atmosphere is to push you going forward from the institution level to department level to team level.

ConsToo big, easy to lost, bad computer support if you are not patient care team like research. Traffic of course and hard to build relationship with outside of department.

Good place to work

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) Smithville, TX (US)

ProsExcellent science and beautiful campus.

ConsOut in middle of nowhere.

so far it is a good experience here for over 7 years

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosa lot of labs to choose, relative good science, great enviroment and culture

Consno real big shot in cancer research field except the president

Advice to Senior Managementrecruit more big shots in cancer field

Horrible place to work

Research (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThey put the salary on their website, which is rare. Most companies don't do that. Also, the health benefits are pretty good, and it's pretty good job security.

ConsHorrible work/life balance. Very hard to schedule off and LOTS of rules and red tape with employees. They treat you like a number and there's a lot of gossip, politics, and they will overwork you. All in all, there are a lot of other hospitals I would recommend to work for that treat their employees way better.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen to your employees. If they're happy, they will work harder. If you ignore their concerns or don't give them promotions/raises after years of dedicated service, it will show in their work. Offer more work/life balance and scheduling off should be way easier. Do NOT LET EMPLOYEES COME TO WORK SICK!

Neither here nor there

ProsThey have a powerful mission- making cancer history. It makes you feel like your a part of something huge, bigger than yourself

ConsBureaucracy, red tape, you could get in your work and just keep going 'cause everyone is too busy to stop for a minute. The skills are present, personality? especially when it comes to interdepartmental stuff?....it could be better.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!