LocumTenens.com

www.locumtenens.com

LocumTenens.com Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014

Shane Jackson

Excellent opportunity for growth, company with strong values

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsLocumTenens.com has a high retention rate, which is typically unheard of in the staffing industry. Training is offered both initially and ongoing. The company has been featured on Best Places to Work lists since before I started working here, which is close to 7 years. There are regular team outings and team building events, as well as opportunities to serve the community. The amenities are unbelievable- there is a huge gym, mini putting green and full service dining facility. I plan on working with LocumTenens.com a very long time.

ConsThe company has aggressive goals, but if you put in the hard work it will pay off!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great advancement opportunity, and incredible corporate culture!

ProsThis company has been one of Atlanta's Best Places to Work for many years in a row, and it's a testament to how the employees feel about the company. It's a positive, team oriented environment with award winning training and opportunities for advancement for those that are motivated, energetic and hard working. The overall corporate culture is unmatched and boasts a beautiful work environment that you must see to believe.

ConsThere are no cons. The company is doing very well and there is very low turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! There are many reasons that LocumTenens.com's management team was recognized by the Atlanta Journal Constitution as the #1 management team in Atlanta, which was voted on by it's employees . Associate satisfaction ratings are always very high and that comes from great leadership.

Churn and Burn

ProsNice facility. For the most part all the people are very nice

ConsYou are a commodity. Basically they hire college grads, grind them down on the phone, fire most of them within a year and then hire a fresh batch. Nepotism at it highest level.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a chance to succeed and have an actual career...everyone walks around, every day, in fear of losing their job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience at beginning but things seemed to never change in regards to day-to-day & flexibility from management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat company values and vision
    Lots of benefits and perks

ConsCompetitive
    Lack of sufficient training
    Management

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up on the big brother atmosphere
    Allow for more flexibility

Excellent company if you want to be rewarded for hard work

Account Representative (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsPlenty of opportunities for advancement, structured training, team oriented atmosphere. LocumTenens.com is a fantastic place to work. The company truly believes in giving back to their associates as well as the community.

ConsI cannot think of any cons. If you are willing to work hard, you will definitely be noticed and have opportunities for advancement.

Research Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun People, great office space

Cons70+ Phone calls daily, can take a long time to get promoted if team is full

Great company, good people, some communication issues.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsCompany cares about employees, great benefits.
    Great philanthropy projects from company.
    Growth opportunities.
    Innovation is encouraged.
    Many associates who have been with the company for long tenures.

ConsSome individuals end up in management positions without good training in managing; creates communication issues.
    Human resources is through the parent company, Jackson Healthcare, and does not handle things well.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide real, substantive training to your managers.
    Communicate with your teams/company, even if the feedback isn't good. Protecting them from negative information doesn't help anyone improve.

Great place to work if you have no college degree

Account Executive (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsLocumTenens.com is a great place to work if you are fine with staying in the same job capacity for the rest of your life. If you love recruiting without having to run a full desk, this is the place for you.

ConsThere is no real opportunity for advancement after the Research Development program. Management is just now starting to address this. Mentors are paid an override of your commission, which can lead to your co-workers not helping you if they don't like your mentor. There are no opportunities for career development or on-going education. Job really doesn't engage the brain much, and quite often your superiors can be complete morons who got lucky in finding a job that can be completed without a degree. I find that the account executives without a college education will often talk down to you to try to discourage you from staying as college educated new hired often utilize technology and can complete the tasks in less time and effort, thus threatning the comfortable lifestyle they have.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage account executives further. The job doesn't always require 300 phone calls a week, I found that I could email my doctors and get better responses more quickly. Understand that there has to be more opportunities for advancement and paying mentors an override of commissions does not help anyone, it actually makes it harder for mentees to get help for our team members.

Worked for LocumTenens.com? Contribute to the Community!