Lockton Companies

www.lockton.com

Lockton Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Lockton Companies – “Meeting Room”

Lockton Companies – “Meeting Room”

Lockton Companies CEO and President John L. Lumelleau

John L. Lumelleau

Pros
  • Good hours, people, work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Great culture, private ownership, fun/balanced work environment, great learning opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nonexistent for employees in a supporting/shared services role (in 9 reviews)

• No opportunity to work from home or remotely, even just occasionally (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I interned at Lockton for two summers and left with valuable experience and strong ties to the company.

ProsLockton does a lot to make new employees feel welcome. Coworkers go out to happy hours almost every day. Lockton is a fun, fast paced work environment that allows you to set your own career path and goals.

ConsThe pay isn't great, but other than that nothing really to complain about.

Work hard, play hard

ProsChallenging work. Company is positioned well in industry and dedicated to hiring talent. Community oriented

ConsFinding the work-life balance can be difficult.

Professional, No Bureaucracy, team oriented winning organization

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsIt is a place of constant learning and evolution with a lot of great people who are concerned with taking care of the client. Being privately held means we do not have artificial pressures which take us away from doing what is right for the long term.

ConsThe firm has been slow to embracing technology to be more nimble and cutting edge to drive efficiency. The firm very recently started implementing new initiatives and the payoff should start to show in the next 12 - 18 months. I think we can do more after those initiatives are implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be awesome if Lockton was an ESOP which would tie our Associates closer to the results of the hard work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place to work ever.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsIt is a family owned company and they treat all of the associates here like family. Even during the hard financial times a few years back when there was a lot of layoff's in Kansas City, Lockton did not lay anyone off. They prefer to retain the associates. There are not many companies in KC much less the US that look at the associates that way.

ConsIT doesn't get yearly bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementRestart the bonus program for Shared Services

Not the best place to work

Account Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGrowing company, competitive salary/benefits package

ConsPoor work/life balance. No opportunity to work from home or remotely, even just occasionally. This particular office has tremendous turnover and at the time poor management in place.

It could be a great place to work!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsLockton's reputation among its client base is excellent. Education is highly valued and encouraged. I enjoy working with the majority of the people in my unit. For the most part, they all strive to provide great customer service and high quality work. The daily atmosphere is friendly and caring. I have developed strong relationships there.

ConsWorkloads are large and can be overwhelming. Expectations are often unreasonably high. If you do a great job and give 110% every day, you are given more work and 150% is expected. Leadership says, "You're awesome", but when you go to them with an issue mostly lip-service is offered. Action is either non-existent or very, very slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management and producers need to be aware and better informed about the happenings in each of the units. Evaluate the current leadership to determine their effectiveness. Make swift changes that would positively impact your employees.

Technical Services Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun work atmosphere and co workers

ConsPay was low for amount of work expected of you

The best experience I could have hoped for.

Account Administrator Intern (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsFun, energetic, fast paced, awesome people, independent work, private, good unity within the company as a whole.

ConsTakes a long time to learn intricacies of the industry, but Lockton does have good training available.

Good

ProsGreat environment, able to advance

Conssit at a desk all day

Horrible culture for females

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're a guy and manage the politics right you can probably do well here.

ConsThis company will promote and retain individuals in executive management who are known to have sexually harrassed employees. Management and HR will make examples all day long of lower-level associates who engage in harassment but when it comes to the upper ranks the behavior is a badly kept, dirty little secret. Management will say 'look around at all the women in leadership positions' as evidence of the company's zero-tolerance policy but the truth is that those women got there and stay there by looking the other way and keeping their mouths shut.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep this up and one day you'll get the lawsuit that you can't make just go away quietly.

Worked for Lockton Companies? Contribute to the Community!