Local Lighthouse

Updated 11 December, 2014
Updated 11 December, 2014
4.0

Eric Oakley

Best SEO Company to work for PERIOD!!!!

I have been working at Local Lighthouse

Pros

First off Excellent pay I'm on pace to make over $100K for the year. they give out monthly spiffs, I Have already won a "52" Smart TV, Wireless Headset and Apple TV! Selling front page of Google at an affordable price + They have Great Leads always a plus! I love the Company Culture, Everyone is upbeat, fast paced environment. No Place I'd rather work at PERIOD!

Cons

No Cons at all

Keep doing what your doing can't wait for next year.

Local Lighthouse gives you the opportunity to truly help business owners fulfill their growth expectations.

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A professional and productive working structure with on going training of staff to better assist clients in understanding the value of local market internet marketing campaigns. Impressive product compiling the many avenues in internet marketing in today's market into an affordable and effective solution available to small business owners nationwide.

Cons

Not open on Saturdays and Sundays.

Continue to provide incentives for team members in the form of residuals to facilitate and foster the building of long lasting careers with the company. The constant coaching by team managers and Management has been the backbone of continued record breaking production.

I love my Job!!!

I have been working at Local Lighthouse

Pros

The Pay is amazing and most importantly REAL. no gimmicks or games you make money that can change your life. It feels amazing when a client calls to tell you how much better business has been. It feels good knowing your not only making amazing money, your helping people too. Atmosphere is great and the people are friendly.

Cons

I really have no cons about this job

I appreciate you and thankful for local lighthouse. I'm excited for 2015 lets bring it.

Awful

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Local Lighthouse

Pros

Most of the people who make up the customer service department are actually really nice and easy going. No gossip, no catty behavior - probably the best selection of individuals I've ever gotten to work with. A good mix of men and women, most of whom are dressed business casual. Easy company to be hired at.

Cons

Working in the customer service department is horrendous. Low pay, no benefits, generally treated like scum, consistently reminded that you're just a number (no matter how much extra effort you put in). Very poor workplace environment and poor management. Procedures change daily, most of them making your job increasingly more difficult. Everyone in the department wants to quit and is currently looking for new employment. Yes, there's room for growth, but most of the other departments are still just as poorly managed. They tell you it's all going to get better soon, but every day they make it harder on you. Training is sparse, they tell you a few basic details and then throw you on the phones with an incomplete handbook that only has the answer to half of your questions. So then you get to sit there and wait until a manager can assist you, but there's too many people with too many questions, so by the time they get around to you, your customer is furious and they take it out on you - every call of every day.

There is absolutely no retention. The veterans have been here for less than 4 months, most of the people they started with having quit. The entire company is extremely disorganized and extremely money-oriented. If you work here, plan on treating your customers poorly and leeching out every last cent they have, because you'll get written up if you don't. Oh, and if that isn't enough, they'll straight up lie to you in the interview. Don't anticipate having health insurance and plan on being pressured into overtime. Also, no paid holidays. Isn't that super?

Most of the reviews here I've noticed are from sales people. If you want to be hired here for sales, good for you. I'm sure you'll have a good time as we treat our sales team like gods and pay them well. For those of you who are applying for customer service, heed my warning and just don't.

You're lucky to have the employees that you do. You'd be hard pressed to find a better group of people. Consider treating them well so they stop quitting.

Good to great

Current Employee - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make $100K if you can handle the stress of 100% commission. We sell a solution that is inexpensive and works. Unfortunately many previous and current employees believe the opposite leading to unnecessisarily sleazy sales practices.

Cons

Baby management team has multiple meeting per day that discuss failures vs. accomplishments resulting in a depressed sales team, and lower sales. Individual reviews discuss failures further depressing the team leading to additional decreased sales. If you can ignore the motivational management style you will make tons of money.

Take classes on how to inspire and lead a team. Pay for outside sales training and build a team of top sales performers. Stop concerning yourselves with the failures of underperforming team members. You will get a greater increase in sales by rewarding the top and creating a supportive environment other top sales performers want to join. You could have a team of professional $100K earners with a few minor adjustments

Employee Review

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Support, They have an Excellent product, If you work hard you can make great money, Here

Cons

Can't think of any bad things.

Continue the current job.

Work Hard Play Hard

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much follow up, paid every week, 3 days off optional a month, off at 4pm, no weekend work, no take home work Pay structure higher than all competitors.

Cons

We are required to work

Dissatisfied with life and social balance not to mention they claim they never pay base salary and never did.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coffee maker and smiles.. ugly ones , but smiles, nice locations and decent equipment , pay is set but real closers would prefer better options

Cons

They never pay base pay and don't discuss comfort at work . Argumentative from senior staff about owed pay. Dress code a little high for a casual call center and cut your tie... what for?

Get time sheets right, and don't cut ties.

Local Lighthouse Response

Aug 04, 2014Director of Sales

We do not pay base pay, it is commission only with most sales reps making 5k-10k a month.

Good Leads Good Pay

Current Employee - Sales in Tustin, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Tustin, WI (US)

I have been working at Local Lighthouse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a sales guy its all about the leads. Love the leads we get to work. Also if you meet goals get large bonus. Management team really knows there stuff. I'm always learning new methods and skills. I also love the new building we moved into. I also enjoy working with the backend team as the programmer really know there stuff and answer any questions I may have.

Cons

No Hourly but you make it up with great leads.

Offer Hourly to Sales.

Glad I left

Former Employee - Sales in Tustin, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Tustin, CA (US)

I worked at Local Lighthouse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good money if you can sleep at night

Cons

Scammers promising front page...that's it

You will not listen so why?

Local Lighthouse Response

Jun 18, 2014Director of Sales

We are not "scammers", we do promise front page placement on the search engines and have a 30-90 day guarantee for all of our clients.

Local Lighthouse Photos