LiveOps

Updated 22 January, 2015
Updated 22 January, 2015
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, Interesting work

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A minimum of required process, generally provided with the resources to get what needs doing done. Love the people I work with, tonnes of smart and talented folks.

Cons

Some recent turbulence around leadership, but this is improving. With a lack of process there was also, at times, a lack of drive or direction. Sometimes administrative stuff takes a while to turn around.

Awesome Company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

New CEO with new visions for the company and taking it in the right direction. People are very friendly and fun to work with. Culture is fun and easy going. Cool perks like pizza Fridays, snacks always in stock, bagels and pastries every Tuesday and Thursday.. in general a very nice environment to work in.

Cons

nothing too big comes to mind..

They doing a great job

A place for growth, independence, innovation...but not the meek.

Current Employee - Agent Division
    Current Employee - Agent Division

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

First and foremost, the caliber of employees and management at LiveOps is impressive. There is a cohesiveness amongst the teams that, despite working in different locations, is extremely strong. I've never seen a better example of teamwork and "no man left behind" attitude. Where most places have employees scrambling for credit or accolades, staffers at LO are giving, generous and professional. Management is seasoned, accessible and level headed. I'm not saying everyone is superhuman, but in the departments I work with, I see very few weak links. Another point worth mentioning is that this company was on fire a few years ago and then went off the rails due to some bad C-level decisions. Now that the previous CEO is gone and a new breed of leadership is in place, the morale, performance and overall tone of the company is incredible. There's a real energy of optimism and success here and I commend our new CEO (Vasili Triant) for taking the bull by the horns and turning around a nasty situation into a great growth opportunity.

Cons

Working remotely or long distance is not for everyone. We have quite a few team members who are in different timezones, working from home and unsupervised. That can be frustrating if that employee is the kind that thrives more in a group environment. Being far apart makes it hard to establish and maintain culture. This isn't a fault, just a challenge. But we could be doing more to enhance culture knowing that we have this caveat to deal with.

Keep the transparency coming and don't falter on your straightforwardness. The company has huge potential but it's all in the execution.

A great way to earn a full income or supplemental

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

work from home, flexible schedule, payment always on time, direct deposit option are all excellent. If you can read, you can do this job. You just read the script and put in the info from the caller which will populate more to read until the call is done. Easy-peasy! CSR's are usually very friendly, excellent platform setup, many different programs to choose from for variety which leads to less chance to burn out, avenues to connect with other agents

Cons

CEs (compliance events that could lead to termination) are sometimes given unfairly. I had one CE that stated I didn't say something when I actually did. When I asked them to review it again, they told me that wasn't the problem and the auditor wrote it in hidden notes..... The real problem was XYZ which was not even something warranting a CE. When I stated that, they told me it would not be removed. Very unfair. It still bothers me till today and that was almost a year ago. Another con is work is not always available all the time. You need to have many lines to have the best chances and be ready with another work from home independent contractor job for days there simply is nothing on the schedule to pick from.

Consider per minute raises. Many could probably spend more time on LO and less time finding other jobs to supplement their income if there was a per minute raise. Every bit counts. Have an audit checking department to check CE's before posting. Unfair CE's lead to low morale. Other than that, I love LiveOps!

Under new leadership, LiveOps is finally heading in the right direction

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

- flexibility to work from home when needed
    - great people to work with
    - new management team really gets it, and is finally pushing the company in the right direction

Cons

- very difficult to take a day off
    - nearly every team in the company is short staffed, so hours are very long right now

Invest more in the servers and overall platform performance.

Current Liveops Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home. Better pay for licensed lines like a nurse, life and health insurance agent, or property and casualty.Flexible hours, just take 30 min time slots when your available. Bonuses offerered at different times for different reasons like taking certain amount of weekend call slots.If someone is serious, there is incredible potential! Very excited about adding more and more call types, and given bonusus of additional out of state insurance licenses. This means more calls and more talk time.

Cons

Non paid training. Not paid hourly, just per min talk time and bonuses for sales. Although calls are incoming, have to offer addition product than what they called in for. Sometimes difficult to get questions answered quickly or correctly by middle management.

Consider less hours of non paid training, or pay for all the training time. Sometimes questions are answered incorrectly by middle management.

Seriously - Not worth the time...

Current Employee - Former LO Call Center Agent in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Former LO Call Center Agent in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Pros - None. Must be 5 words, but, nothing positive to say here.

Cons

You can sit there on LiveOps (LO) for hours and hours and make next-to-nothing, no guarantee of even $3.00 an hour, no benefits of any kind (and. I can find cheaper product discounts on eBay, so, that is def. not any benefit...), you are at the mercy of the call router gods. And, remind yourself, you have to take your own taxes out, then, you have to pay for a dedicated "POTS" telephone line (no VOIP), you have to pay for reliable internet, you have to buy a decent, noise-cancelling headset, then, you have to seriously hope to find open schedule slots at roll-out, then, you have to hope that the phone rings and that that the caller likes being held hostage to ENDLESS and ANNOYING upsells and affinities, etc... Would NOT Recommend.

LO Agents should be working for at least the prevailing federal minimum wage.

Bumpy path but getting back on its feet

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood Shores, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood Shores, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Changing of the e-staff completely renewed my faith in the company. Finally it feels like we have a CEO that cares and a direction to follow. Also glad that he's not pitting the two sides of the business together.

Cons

Compensation is about 80% of what I expect to be paid. Also taking forever to get a merit increase, even though I've been working two grades above my current title for over a year.

Treat your employees better.

Heading in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Full-time Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Full-time Employee

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New leadership (greatly needed, Vasili Triant as CEO is brings soooo much more to the company), great people,good market opportunity, fair work-life balance, good compensation.

Cons

The culture has improved greatly with Vasili in charge, but some residual effects from the old guard still there. It was plain toxic for awhile. Vasili will do great. Too many average and below average folks still around

gotta do everything to keep the A players....too many good people have left or are leaving.

Barely making it...

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Allows you to make you own schedule and freedom to change it if emergencies arise with little-to-no difficulties, and has many different opportunities available.

Cons

Though the turnover is low, there is always a hiring cycle, and that means not enough hours for the employees in any of the programs. I work 4 programs for liveops just to make my monthly budget.

Stop the extreme level of over-hiring for programs so that after we have made our schedules for the week, we don't keep getting emails saying that we must release certain commits because they have been over-booked.