LiveOps Reviews

Updated 20 October, 2014
Updated 20 October, 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 60 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 14 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, Interesting work

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A minimum of required process, generally provided with the resources to get what needs doing done. Love the people I work with, tonnes of smart and talented folks.

Cons

Some recent turbulence around leadership, but this is improving. With a lack of process there was also, at times, a lack of drive or direction. Sometimes administrative stuff takes a while to turn around.

good work at home company

Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its great to have the flexibility of making your own hours, there are decent income opportunities if you put in enough time, it can be worth it. New Management is making a lot of positive changes

Cons

Can't really control the calls that come your way. So you make money when the phone rings, but you don't if there aren't enough calls coming in. They need to change the metric pay system so that it is more fair.

none

Great company not only turning itself around but leap frogging!

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has overnight transformed itself back into what made it great - employees & customers being #1. The shift from the past CEO(and his band of merry men), who almost destroyed the company, to the new Executive Team has been a complete 180 and nothing short of amazing. The future looks bright and I am excited to see the results of what we are doing. The balance of work and life has started and the company's core values are starting to be lived day to day.

Cons

Many people get confused if LiveOps is an BPO of a Saas company, whereas it is a Customer Service & Sales solutions business.

Drive the vision more aggressively, continue with the changes and direction, and leave the past regime to destroy another company!

Great Company

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Caring Management and great work environment makes LiveOps a great employment choice. LiveOps will help you grow as an individual.

Cons

LiveOps is not a giant company so in some roles you may not have 24 hour mentoring to help get up to speed.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM (US)

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can work your own hours, you are in control of your time.

Cons

You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way.

They are amazing.

Good Team Work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Team work,Flexible work hours, WFH culture.

Cons

Changed tech direction too often

Stay focus !!

It's a job

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps (more than an year)

Pros

It's work from home, so you don't have to worry about spending gas money or traffic. You can manage your own schedule and decide when to work. Payout is very simple.

Cons

The work gets extremely annoying and mind-numbing very quickly. Call volume is not always consistent, and pay was done $0.25 per talk minute when I worked so pay can fluctuate and not always be reliable. Customers can get irritated with the call script and up sells very easily. There are several up sells you HAVE to offer. Your call can be audited and failure to offer them can end your contract. The scripts are not always complete with information. You can be asked questions that are reasonable but you literally don't have the answer to which can further put the caller in a bad mood.

Allow reinstatement for terminated contracts.

A lot of promise, and a lot of promises: Neither fulfilled

Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excitement and the feeling that there is technology being developed that will be shaping the future . The potential for exercising share options. Some excellent customers like Salesforce. Technology that looks and feels intuitive in client demonstrations.

Cons

This might just be a 'start-up thing' - but I found some major challenges. There is an awful lot of vapourware in terms of what is presented to the customer/partner, and what is actually happening/achievable, proven... this pushed me out of my comfort zone as a salesperson at times. Also the culture is entirely US-focussed, highly detached and quite often does NOT reward effort outside of billable seats. I found that this combination saw some fairly schizophrenic 'hire 'em and fire 'em' decisions, and I have since seen a significant slice of influential Management (Sales and Product) removed - but I know some guys there still working serious hours and finding life fairly uncomfortable.

People in your organisation need time, effort and engagement to reach their potential. Too many promises on what might happen will really start to burn people out. When I worked here the CEO would not even share a cab ride with his employees. This speaks volumes.

Worked 3 years in Pizza Hut Program

Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Training for my position was straightforward
    -Scheduling your own hours was great for a college schedule

Cons

-Company consistently changed the way sales metrics were measured (often with negative side-effects)
    -->For example, I was a 5 star agent until they changed the system the last time, and I become a 2 star agent. I could not recover my stats enough because they made all the metrics count from the start of your time with LiveOps which is ridiculous
    -If you had to transfer a call (like you were told to do in many cases), it was counted against your stats. You were basically penalized for doing the right thing.
    -Compensation was decent, but the variability of sales really made it unreliable as a sustainable job. Hourly or salary positions are so much better than this.

Come up with a better way to track agent metrics. The current system made me leave, and I don't ever plan on coming back.

Good company, great culture, uncertain about their future.....

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful people and great culture! small enough that you get to know everyone in the company if you want. Real team spirit at work. Things are extremely fast paced.

Cons

Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful. Unfortunately there poor communication throughout the company.

Allow your employees to have a work/life balance.
    Create transparency in your communication with all of your employees.
    Find strong leaders that can move the company forward while growing revenue and retain quality employees.

LiveOps Photos

Our CEO paying back a bet. We crushed a company goal!
We built a new engineering rec room, including MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator); many a disagreement is settled with Street Fighter
No rec room is complete without XBox One, Apple TV, and plenty of couch space