LiveOps

www.liveops.com

LiveOps Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire(in 50 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines(in 12 reviews)

• You are paid by your talk time 0(in 8 reviews)

Fun, Interesting work

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsA minimum of required process, generally provided with the resources to get what needs doing done. Love the people I work with, tonnes of smart and talented folks.

ConsSome recent turbulence around leadership, but this is improving. With a lack of process there was also, at times, a lack of drive or direction. Sometimes administrative stuff takes a while to turn around.

Challenging and Rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsI have plenty of work to do and feel like my work adds value to the company.

ConsChange can be hard sometimes, but the recent changes in the company leadership have (so far) proven to be very good for employee morale and overall business outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in your employees. Continue improving the communication. Invest in the future.

Great to be able to help build a winning company

Marketing (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- Excellent product set that hits the market sweet spot for multichannel cloud contact centres
    - Superb team of people - all pulling together in one direction, and supporting each other. Love being part of what we're building here.
    - Not bounded by my job title - I can see what needs to be done so roll my sleeves up and do it. Great to have that autonomy, and trust.
    - New leadership team (new CEO) adding fresh impetus and momentum, marked by balance of focus on and respect for both customers and employees. Dramatic improvement in employee communication that has re-established a true sense of 'team LiveOps'.

Cons- Usual challenges/growing pains of a young company in start up mode: how best to apply resource to drive growth at optimum pace? But if you have an opinion on how to work through these challenges, yours will be as valuable an input as everyone else's.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of my comments above are typical of those that characterise 'great places to work': trust, team/camaraderie, respect, communication, management credibility, and enjoyment. We have an opportunity to turn LiveOps into a 'great place to work': keep walking the talk, and I'll walk with you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Community Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsWonderful team working atmosphere. Being able to work from home is the best incentive for me. I like that the job is constantly changing and growing. It means you don't get in a rut. I am very enthusiastic about the new company values and what it may bring to my job.

ConsThere are not a lot of opportunities to grow with the company. Often you may never even hear that there is a position that is open until someone else is moved up.

Fun, Flexible and amazing!

Process Manager (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsI have worked for LiveOps for 3 years participating in every opportunity presented to me. We are a fun company to work for, we put in a lot of hard work to make sure that we are the the best that we can be. LiveOps is the most flexible company that I have ever worked for. My cellphone is paid for, I am able to telecommute when needed, the people are awesome, our new CEO is taking this company in a great direction and I am grateful and blessed to work here.

ConsI am a team of one and could really use a collaborator or two in my location or a small team of people instead of just myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe work long hours 24x7 and really need more resources. In my previous life, there was was more than one person handling change and problem management, along with notifications and new customer onboarding. I love my job but sometimes I feel like I can't keep up and I let my other team members down.

Great place to work, sometimes "too much opportunity"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

Pros- Solid exec team that truly empower the staff to affect the necessary change to grow the company
    - Talented Engineering and Operations staff able to respond quickly to technical challenges
    - Flexible hours were many positions are well suited for self starters

Cons- "Too Much Opportunity" translates into quite a heavy workload (not for the faint of heart)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued focus on the LiveOps culture and making this a fun place to work!

Great "place" to work!

Audit Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsI am a part-time, work from home employee. This job perfectly accommodates my family situation with amazing flexibility in the amount of hours worked and when they are worked. Through the 5 years that I have been an employee I have had continuing opportunities for growth in knowledge, skills and responsibility. I love my job!

ConsBeing a work from home employee obviously has a lot of benefits; however, there are some challenges - such as the lack of face to face interaction with other employees.

A great place to work for the past three years!

Senior Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR (US)

ProsAt LiveOps I am privileged to work with people who are creative and passionate about technology. The has the stability of an established service and customer base with the culture of a startup. And even though LiveOps has over 300 employees everyone has an opportunity to contribute to the success of the company.

ConsThe only negative I can think of is how busy we are. We are growing our customer portfolio at a pace which is difficult to keep up with. We need to grow our operations staff to keep up with this pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to trust the expertise of your employees and foster the creative and fun atmosphere.

Endless Possibilities

Engineering Management (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsWhat a change a month can make! I'm on my third CEO here at LiveOps, and although each of the two previous CEOs had great intentions for this company, none has brought the positive energy we've seen from Vasili so far. One gets the feeling that he actually cares what happens to LiveOps and its employees; he even spends time with the engineers, which is a big change for the better.

We are still a technology-focused company, and the staff is populated by talented, hard-working people who care about what they are doing. We have some of the most engaged customers I have seen, and they continually help us to drive innovations into our products. I also believe we have a winning strategy that has the potential to reshape the customer experience. All in all, a great place to be!

ConsNo real negatives to mention. We are experiencing some growing pains as our customer base gets bigger, but this can be addressed with investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the business -- we're ready to grow!

An energetic and cool place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Auckland (New Zealand)

ProsYoung and talented workforce, friendly attitude, great food (in NZ). Compensation and PTO are amongst the best.

Note: This review is from a LiveOps employee and NOT from a contracted agent.

ConsA few 'teething problems' faced by a small company. For example, lack of stable systems and defined processes...nothing else really!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed an HR rep in NZ.

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!