Live Nation Entertainment

Updated 24 November, 2014
3.2

Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Michael Rapino
Michael Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• You'll meet some great people here, many of whom have been at this location since its inception (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is poor, especially if you have to work the concerts (in 6 reviews)

• I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Enjoyable work environment.

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

Most everyone is very friendly and seems to enjoy their jobs. My direct boss is great. He knows when things need to be done, but also can make work enjoyable.

Cons

As with most office environments, there is some snippy passive aggressive things between some employees.

Coolest job ever!

Former Employee - Event Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Event Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to see live shows for free

Cons

Long hours, salary wasn't great

None

Fun company, fun industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very exciting industry, every day is different. Everyone works very closely as a team and as a family to complete projects. It's not just about the office work- Onsite is fun, fast-paced, and exciting.

Cons

The hours can be long, especially when split between the office and onsite concert days.

Develop more full time positions to keep people dedicated to the company and to make them feel like part of the family.

Laissez Faire / Weak Leadership

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

Live Nation is an interesting company in a fun and sexy industry. You will definitely have the opportunity to work on some interesting projects and co-workers are friendly. As a whole, being employed by Live Nation definitely provides some unique experiences.

Cons

The two major cons with Live Nation is the benefits package and weak leadership. The pay, I suppose, can be attributed to the fact that you're in the entertainment industry. The weak leadership, however, is because the company doesn't seem to really care about fostering good leaders that know how to manage other people. This is really a shame because work in general is interesting.

Consider investing in serious management training and reevaluating why certain people are "leaders." Are some people "leaders" because they've been there a long time and talk a big game?

Typical minimum wage job.

Current Employee - Usher in Riverside, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Usher in Riverside, CA (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Experiencing shows more or less because you are working at the venue

Cons

Lack of communication regarding scheduling and other important information.

More formal orientation and training to learn how to actually perform job descriptions and what is expected of employees.

Great interning experience!! Best group of people! I interned at the Hollywood office!

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great working atmosphere! Not your usual interning postion where all you do is make copies and get coffee you actually do work!

Cons

Need a elevator key card to go up and down.

Fun company, but interesting industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Everything about the entertainment industry was really different from anything I've ever done and that kept the position so interesting. No day was like the next and there was always something to keep you on your toes and not realize the long hours you are working. The perks were great.

Cons

I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions. I heard that people who had been working there full time for 3-5 years still were not on a salary or offered any benefits

Sponsorship coordinator = no room for growth

Current Employee - Sponsorship Coordinator in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Coordinator in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is over all great to work for. Great benefits and perks for the job and I have worked with some amazing people in multiple different departments.

Cons

Sponsorship is kind of looked like an outsider so moving to a different department is almost impossible. Also in the position I am in there is not much room for growth. The growth includes either moving or becoming a seller for sponsorship which is not an interest for me. I take a lot of pride in my work but the company tends to take advantage in that by owning you all of the time.

Challenging and Exciting

Former Employee - Box Office Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Box Office Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Perks include working secret shows and handing tickets to Spike Jonze. Also you make your own schedule.

Cons

Things can get pretty hectic when the main act is about to go on and 400 people show up at the same time.

Fun job but with little room for advancement

Current Employee - Security in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Security in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working in the Concert Industry. Work environment was fun. coworkers were friendly, Good part time job. getting to listen to bands while getting paid.

Cons

Compensation was a little more than minimum wage even after working there for 5years. All staffing was put in by a spreadsheet not real time needs. Very minimal pay. and really no benefits. Could be a dangerous and stressful enviroment

Listen to the employees they may have good ideas. stop treating venue like a high school where petty issues can cause you to have stress.

Live Nation Entertainment Photos