Lincare Holdings

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 6 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 29 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Getting Worse To Work For

ProsChances for advancement, Solid company financially.

ConsAs an employee, you are a number. They DO NOT have patients in their best interest. Their best interest is in who they can buy next and rip all their employees and patients off to make it happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up! This company does not care about their employees at all.

Poor training

Service Representative (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsAs a Service Rep enjoyed helping people and it was nice not being confined to one place

ConsBasically no training, Company would not spend any money on safety

Advice to Senior ManagementGive Service reps some training. Invest in safety equipment

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsLove my coworkers, the area feels like a huge family, and great customers. The pay for an entry level position isn't bad as well

ConsNo growth within the company, the raises are okay but could be better, and management could be better as well,

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus!!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ADHD "focus" without meds.

Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsIt's nice to be able to take care of patients. Setting my own schedule is a bonus, but that varies from center to center. It depends on how much the manager and csrs think they can count on you to do it yourself. I'm not new at this so someone else managing my schedule is not what I'm looking for. If you have a good center staff and area manager, it can be fun.

ConsExpectations are ridiculous. The focus changes sometimes within a month. You can count on it changing at least monthly. Assessments are supposed to be a priority, but then an "emergency" cpap order will come in and override that. The amount of work that is expected of the HCS (and all positions, really) is unreasonable. In order to see the number of patients required for assessments and setups, all the follow ups, ordering, cleaning equipment, working reports, and being present for conference calls there would always need to be two HCSs per center. That is not the case. Most centers have one. Even in centers with more than one HCS, there's usually enough work for an additional person. No consideration is given to the personal life of HCSs and STs. Everyone else goes home at a decent time, but quitting time for HCSs and STs doesn't exist. Minimal inventory is allowed and the ordering process is cumbersome. Some equipment goes through two approvals before reaching purchasing and it may be rejected at any point. Bonuses are mythical. Thresholds will be set, only to be changed once the center is close or has met them. Mileage reimbursement is helpful but sorely lacking. Being able to answer a phone and use a computer are about all the skills needed for CSRs. Being able to communicate well verbally and in writing are not strong skills I've observed and it's hard to bite my tongue and not make corrections on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. There is no real training for new managers but rather a sink or swim mentality. Center operations only matter to upper management when they don't meet the requirements for O2 setups. As long as you meet the numbers, nobody cares what you do or how you do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your center staff. Create upward mobility opportunities. Implement true training program for CSRs and CMs.

Not worried about the smaller workers that keep their money flow high.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Beaumont, TX (US)

ProsBenefits, overtime available, transferring is possible, a few good people, ability to advance higher. Wide range of learning information ability.

ConsNo back up support, doesn't care about families, not worried about desires to get your college degree. Doesn't like you to use your sick time, even though you can prove it is a serious situation

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider whom you place in your center manager position

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company, biggest of its kind in the world

ConsNo room for advancement into upper levels of management

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire already

semi

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe customers that I built relationships with.

ConsWork within your own space.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can only become better, when you KNOW better.

Horrible boss!!!

Service Technician (Former Employee) Hagerstown, MD (US)

ProsWorking with elderly customers. most are the nicest people in the world. most of the people in the office are very competent and great to work with.

ConsI was a service rep For the last year at the Hagerstown MD office after working at a printing company for 24 years. thought it would be a nice change .MISTAKE! 80+ hour weeks on call, no consideration for the safety of drivers. profit trumps everything. including common sense. A center manager that comes in late a lot ,even late for her own meeting .Spends her day playing on her phone, painting her fingernails, go's out during day to get hair done and for tanning, and tells us its none of our business, leaves before anyone else .After a year I still don't know what she does. Got fired last week for shouting at her, sorry it ended that way . but not sorry I don't work there anymore, relief.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart reading your own reviews. get your head out of the sand, people aren't happy. I'm the 7th or 8th driver in my slot in the last three or four years . And come out your offices and see what your managers are doing while their employees are busting their butts. Also I was a LOX driver ,one customers delivery is up 3 flights of stairs, these tanks weigh 140lbs this needs to stop ! It's to hard on the drivers.

Learn from it and leave

ProsIf you can do this job- you can do any job.

ConsMoving targets to be able to hit bonus, no positive encouragement, travel, MICRO MANAGING

Advice to Senior ManagementIf one is doing well-tell them. Telling them they aren't going to bonus if they don't do this or don't do this is not fair.

Overworked and unappreciated

Center Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with patients is rewarding, but there is no life balance with this company. You will work 24/7 even on vacation and your cell phone will go off at all hours.

ConsNot enough training for all staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAIN

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!