Lincare Holdings

Updated 13 September, 2014
Updated 13 September, 2014
2.0

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 6 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 29 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Very mixed review, unusual company

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Very ethical, high level of security, good benefits, good 401K. I think there is good job security which is very important in our current economy

Cons

Very little guidance for new acquisitions. Not enough corporate support for important things such as developing and approving new contracts, policies and procedures. Takes too long for employees to get reimbursement for items they must pay up front to do their job. Company departments don't seem to know what each other is doing. Terrible billing structure that doesn't listen to or understand how to bill certain items and contracts. Average salaries.

Be able to listen to and adapt to what each center needs, they are all different

Overall company

Former Employee - Healthcare Specialist  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Healthcare Specialist in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a good company if you don't like to work in Hospitals.

Cons

Company do not take in consideration their employees, policies change every week to something different, and the company need to improve benefits to retain good employees.

Management needs to change some policies and take back the good employees that worked for them before. Actually Lincare have a policy of not taking back people that worked for them in the past. THAT'S A MISTAKE!!!!!!

Huge World of Opportunity! It all depends on you.

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing marketplace, expanding company, lots of opportunity for achievers.

Cons

The most demanding but rewarding work experience that I have had. No one told me what I needed to do but I knew what had to be done to take care of the patient and make the patient population grow.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good times

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People I worked with and the commissions used to be great. If you work hard you can make a lot of money.

Cons

salary is too low for new reps to get started, they need a sign on bonus to make it feasible to succeed as it takes about 3 months to cultivate business and relationships.

Center managers should be able to make commissions as well. Their expectations of center managers to make calls and build relationships to cultivate business, but the commissions do not get allocated to anyone.

Not too bad, depends on your center

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

pay, employees, freedom, gas, lunch

Cons

no company expense account, outdated software

It's never enough. "Sure you got 150% growth last quarter but how could you do more?"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

Company refuses to invest in technology that is readily available to them and that all the competitors are using. Efficiency is not their forte. Everything is wrapped up in corporate red tape which makes it impossible to stay competitive with other companies. Will only spend money on their sales force. No investment in developing their managers. That's why all the complaints are about bad managers. Nothing is ever enough. Set unrealistic expectations and derive goals based on numbers absolutely pulled out of division/area management's imagination. Goals you'll never hit or if you DO hit them, they will just make them unattainable next year. Company is infamous for letting locations go to the brink of implosion before they will do anything to correct the problems. Medicare shutdown waiting to happen.

Invest in your management team. Numbers on paper are not your only indicator for how well or terrible a location is doing. That's why you have so many locations in trouble, as long as the sales numbers keep trailing, you don't care.

Getting Worse To Work For

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Chances for advancement, Solid company financially.

Cons

As an employee, you are a number. They DO NOT have patients in their best interest. Their best interest is in who they can buy next and rip all their employees and patients off to make it happen.

Wake up! This company does not care about their employees at all.

Demoralizing, UnCare+, Lack; Honesty, Integrity and Care

Current Employee - Audit  in  Clearwater, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Audit in Clearwater, FL (US)

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I Barely Survived; resigned immediately!

Cons

* Management is clueless and imprisoned in decision making
    * Radio Silence when inquiries are made into process, training, quality, reference
    * Due to lack; everyone process tasks differently, thus producing horrendous results
    * Spellcheck, grammar, professionalism non-existent
    * ALL management micro-manage with the aid of employees and bathroom attendants
    * Dreadful leadership, training, goals, quality
    * Management is Mob-like with employee(s) to prepare reports, spreadsheets, watch others in driving fabricated tasks to produce the numbers
    * Lack of investment in training employees and quality assurance
    * Absence of company culture
    * No modernism, No alliance, No growth, No respect, No integrity... (5 Lincare Holdings "values")
    * Safety, Security, HR waivers quite concerning
    * Employees are a caution; placing unknowns in others drinking vessels and foods
    * Overtime is essential; otherwise employees are a breath from welfare
    * Employees intentionally sabotage work to secure overtime
    * Cellphones are not permitted
    * Work-life balance isn't imperative
    * Chaos runs the day, be prepared to be stressed the moment you walk in the door. Meetings on Meetings in management office of regurgitated nonsense
    * Pay is a JOKE
    * Demoralizing toxic environment, be prepared to hear about endless internal fever your first week of work
    * Audits are processed consciously delayed to next level without care. Patients breaths are depending upon QA
    * No care, No Quality, No Training, No goals nor passion

Learn from your competitors (Masters), invest in your employees; reflection of Y-O-U.

Poor training

Former Employee - Service Representative  in  Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a Service Rep enjoyed helping people and it was nice not being confined to one place

Cons

Basically no training, Company would not spend any money on safety

Give Service reps some training. Invest in safety equipment

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Promoter to Center Manager  in  Silverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Promoter to Center Manager in Silverton, OR (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customers and referrals, that's about it

Cons

Management is corrupt, rigid and inflexible. Dan Vasilj has no clue what true leadership is. Leadership is action not a position! The company makes center level decisions based on numbers from a spread sheet. they have no clue what it is to work at the center level and make it work. I would LOVE to see Dan or Greg work a center for 3 months, short handed. (most Lincare centers operate short handed) Lincare takes advantages of their good employees. Over time in many cases was not an option, that adds up to a significant chunk of your life being taken away. Lincare makes for a pretty unhappy work situation, which in turn can make the rest of your life pretty miserable as well. lincare says they are the caring choice... BULLSNOT! The only thing lincare cares about is that almighty dollar. We never had the proper equipment for our patients, at one time we were not even allowed to order tanks for our growing client base. There was very little, if any support from management, there was never any positive feedback, communication was non existent ( unless they thought you screwed up), employees overall were unhappy, and miserable to say the least. Decisions are made at the highest level possible Regardless of what it is, you have to check with your boss before doing it.He or She also has to check with there bosses. In the dysfunctional world of Lincare you may have responsibility, but the authority lives in a office in Spokane Washington, you might be " labeled" a center manager but really your just a glorified CSR who gets paid just a little bit more. In reality it's not worth it, your health and family are more important. lincare will continue to lose talented employees...

Invest time in your center... See what it's really like running an office in 2014. Address your integrity, and values...

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!