Lincare Holdings

Updated 29 September, 2014
Updated 29 September, 2014
2.0

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 6 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 30 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Most stressful job

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big, steady company. They are everywhere across the country. Good health benefits.

Cons

I echo a lot of the other reviews on here. They hold equipment hostage that is needed to properly take care of the patients. Other center managers do not work together well. Very poor training, a lot of responsibility without any of the authority to make any real changes.

Training, training, training! Invest in your people!

Service representative

Former Employee - Service Representative  in  Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Employees u work with and, patients.

Cons

Upper management doesn't no exist until something is wrong. Management do everything possible to not give the centers bonus. No type of financial incentive to keep you focus or wanting to stay.

treat the employees who care with respect and financial love.

Very mixed review, unusual company

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Very ethical, high level of security, good benefits, good 401K. I think there is good job security which is very important in our current economy

Cons

Very little guidance for new acquisitions. Not enough corporate support for important things such as developing and approving new contracts, policies and procedures. Takes too long for employees to get reimbursement for items they must pay up front to do their job. Company departments don't seem to know what each other is doing. Terrible billing structure that doesn't listen to or understand how to bill certain items and contracts. Average salaries.

Be able to listen to and adapt to what each center needs, they are all different

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall company

Former Employee - Healthcare Specialist  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Healthcare Specialist in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a good company if you don't like to work in Hospitals.

Cons

Company do not take in consideration their employees, policies change every week to something different, and the company need to improve benefits to retain good employees.

Management needs to change some policies and take back the good employees that worked for them before. Actually Lincare have a policy of not taking back people that worked for them in the past. THAT'S A MISTAKE!!!!!!

Huge World of Opportunity! It all depends on you.

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing marketplace, expanding company, lots of opportunity for achievers.

Cons

The most demanding but rewarding work experience that I have had. No one told me what I needed to do but I knew what had to be done to take care of the patient and make the patient population grow.

Center Manager

Former Employee - Center  in  Jacksonville, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Center in Jacksonville, AR (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are no good reasons to work there.

Cons

They are always under staffed. Upper management wants you to work every weekend without any additional pay. Drivers are also expected to work on call. The pay is horrible. They are also closing centers nationwide. Not a good company to work for. They don't care about their employees.

This company used to be great. Many many years ago. You have managed to make it hell for everyone that works there. Thank god I was able to get out when I did. Now happy to work for a company that cares.

It's never enough. "Sure you got 150% growth last quarter but how could you do more?"

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

Company refuses to invest in technology that is readily available to them and that all the competitors are using. Efficiency is not their forte. Everything is wrapped up in corporate red tape which makes it impossible to stay competitive with other companies. Will only spend money on their sales force. No investment in developing their managers. That's why all the complaints are about bad managers. Nothing is ever enough. Set unrealistic expectations and derive goals based on numbers absolutely pulled out of division/area management's imagination. Goals you'll never hit or if you DO hit them, they will just make them unattainable next year. Company is infamous for letting locations go to the brink of implosion before they will do anything to correct the problems. Medicare shutdown waiting to happen.

Invest in your management team. Numbers on paper are not your only indicator for how well or terrible a location is doing. That's why you have so many locations in trouble, as long as the sales numbers keep trailing, you don't care.

Good times

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People I worked with and the commissions used to be great. If you work hard you can make a lot of money.

Cons

salary is too low for new reps to get started, they need a sign on bonus to make it feasible to succeed as it takes about 3 months to cultivate business and relationships.

Center managers should be able to make commissions as well. Their expectations of center managers to make calls and build relationships to cultivate business, but the commissions do not get allocated to anyone.

Not too bad, depends on your center

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

pay, employees, freedom, gas, lunch

Cons

no company expense account, outdated software

Demoralizing, UnCare+, Lack; Honesty, Integrity and Care

Current Employee - Audit  in  Clearwater, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Audit in Clearwater, FL (US)

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I Barely Survived; resigned immediately!

Cons

* Management is clueless and imprisoned in decision making
    * Radio Silence when inquiries are made into process, training, quality, reference
    * Due to lack; everyone process tasks differently, thus producing horrendous results
    * Spellcheck, grammar, professionalism non-existent
    * ALL management micro-manage with the aid of employees and bathroom attendants
    * Dreadful leadership, training, goals, quality
    * Management is Mob-like with employee(s) to prepare reports, spreadsheets, watch others in driving fabricated tasks to produce the numbers
    * Lack of investment in training employees and quality assurance
    * Absence of company culture
    * No modernism, No alliance, No growth, No respect, No integrity... (5 Lincare Holdings "values")
    * Safety, Security, HR waivers quite concerning
    * Employees are a caution; placing unknowns in others drinking vessels and foods
    * Overtime is essential; otherwise employees are a breath from welfare
    * Employees intentionally sabotage work to secure overtime
    * Cellphones are not permitted
    * Work-life balance isn't imperative
    * Chaos runs the day, be prepared to be stressed the moment you walk in the door. Meetings on Meetings in management office of regurgitated nonsense
    * Pay is a JOKE
    * Demoralizing toxic environment, be prepared to hear about endless internal fever your first week of work
    * Audits are processed consciously delayed to next level without care. Patients breaths are depending upon QA
    * No care, No Quality, No Training, No goals nor passion

Learn from your competitors (Masters), invest in your employees; reflection of Y-O-U.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!