Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Life Time Fitness Chairman, President, and CEO Bahram Akradi

Bahram Akradi

Pros
  • You get a free gym membership to a great facility and good benefits(in 39 reviews)

• I loved having a free gym membership for myself and a deep discount for my spouse(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • You will work long hours especially if you are a Personal Trainer(in 27 reviews)

• Upper management flirts with teenage male staff, rather than managing(in 26 reviews)

High Quality and Cutting Edge Company

Aquatics Lifeguard (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsFun and Energetic Staff Team
    Amazing work enviroment

ConsProblem solving in terms of member complaints

Disappointing Overall Work Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsFree membership, discounts, growth within the company, relationships created with members

ConsVery stressful, high expectations with low compensation, no work/life balance, false promises, everyone is unmotivated and unhappy, extremely low internal NPT.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees well as it would reflect in their performance. Have a mission and vision for the internal of the company and not just what the company provides.

LifeSpa

Assistant Department Head (Former Employee)

ProsYou get a free gym membership to a great facility and good benefits. I love the people I get to work with, employees and members

ConsPay is horrible. Being a ADH in the spa, Im sure I could make more being a manager at McDonalds. The commission rate for the techs in the spa is the worst I've seen at a spa. ever. I had no motivation to move up in the company.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees better, your turn over rate is crazy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity if you are good enough

Member Engagement Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsGood pay, very easy to make A LOT of money, the opportunity to dabble in many facets of the business, high energy atmosphere, generally great atmosphere working in club, entrepreneurially-minded individuals will love the challenge, innovative ideas are constantly circulating as a company.

ConsSome may think workload is too much, unconventional hours, it's also very easy to NOT make a lot of money ... it all depends on drive, not a job for someone who is used to sitting at a desk hoping to collect a paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally speaking, good job. It would be valuable to not only evaluate the results and success as an aggregate but also the "CONTEXT" of the results, and thoroughly look at cause and effect.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Love working here, a fun, enjoyable experience. Especially good for college students looking for a gym

Lifetime Cafe Server (Current Employee) Florham Park, NJ (US)

ProsYou get a free membership, meaning access to tons of workout equipment, basketball court, swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, cafe and spa. Its like a resort! The fellow employees are friendly and helpful, and the bosses, although fast paced, are also kind.

ConsPay is slightly low ($9.00) but not too bad. Cannot think of anything else, but I just started.

Healthy way of life

Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

Proslaid back atmosphere, primarily younger employees, free membership that can be used nationally, open 24 hours so there are lots of opportunities to work

Consminimum wage, rarely give out raises, mid-level management seems incompetent at times, no acknowledgement of a job well done, lots of club meetings, constant policy changes

Advice to Senior Managementsupport employees and offer more raises and incentives to reduce turnover rate

Too many corporate rules

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a great way to meet new people. I advanced many of my skills that are involved in overseeing large groups of children and workers.

ConsThe way ratios must be maintained created a culture of come to work and sit while off the clock until I need you.

Great Company to work for

Facility Operations (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsLove the interaction with the gym members. Over time you really get to know the people, who come in. Fast pace environment. You are rarely left without anything to do.

ConsLack of raise or promotion despite delivering excellent service. I completely understand that management is trying to stretch their budgets as far as they can, but keeping their employees happy should be number one. I only worked for one who understood that keep value.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould definitely focus on promotions, because the great talent that is there will leave over time and if you are member focused, those members love seeing those team members that they have gotten to know that drives them coming back to the gym month after month.

Fun place to work

Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee) Colleyville, TX (US)

ProsNice facilities, structured, negotiable pay, fun co-employess, flexible scheduling, free membership, discounts within the facility, easy to transfer in to different departments

ConsUnnecessarily strict rules, high turnover rate in the management (5 different bosses in my 2 year employment), required employee clothing is expensive, some members are extremely rude to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMore promotions from within rather than bringing in new people with no experience in the club

Terrible

Massage Therapist (Former Employee) Dallas, NC (US)

ProsGood clients, good pay, good benefits.

ConsPeople are rude, do not train their employees properly, expect you to know everything and train yourself, do not give you a warning before terminating you, terrible instructor to teach the Bodywork massage class.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better instructor to teach the Bodywork massage class. Train your employees properly, don't expect them to know everything when you hire them. Give your employees 3 warnings before you terminate them.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!