Lennox

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn

Todd M. Bluedorn

Pros
  • Very competitive salaries and usually there are opportunities to grow (in 3 reviews)

• Good hours, good product, good inventory, good benefits, and good pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management spend more time protecting their jobs and positions than doing what is right for the company (in 4 reviews)

• an employee might hit a glass ceiling where they can't seem to move up any further (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to work. Friendly people and good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richardson, TX (US)

ProsFlexibility, professionalism, location, work-life balance

ConsBenefits not up to standard

Rewarding

Project Leader (Current Employee) Richardson, TX (US)

ProsDelivering results that meet or exceed goals is rewarded with trust, compensation, development for further opportunities, etc. Although the company has a significant global presence, it still has that small company, almost "family" feel, and the level of talent that each of my co-workers have, continually amazes me.

ConsLike working at any of the HVACR companies, this business is closely tied to housing starts, commercial builds, and of course, the weather. So be prepared for lean times, and be ready to chip in and bear the burden of the down-cycles when they occur.

Once great company that has been ruined by poor executive leadership

Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsOnce the pride of the HVAC industry with a culture and leadership team that was best in class (due to prior owner and CEO). Some solid leadership remains at the middle management level. Decent work/life balance in an industry that is fairly stable.

ConsCurrent CEO and Executive team that manage by the quarterly stock price (in order to line their pockets), while the welfare of the employee is completely and wholly expendable. Not one decision since 2007 (appointment of current CEO) has been in the best interest of the employee. They will find ways to renege on commitments if it will further pad their pockets with a few $. Employees no longer have pride in the company and many are looking for a way out. Little joy, excitement, or camaraderie remain within the four walls. The cafeteria has become a ghost town as people stay at their desk or leave the building for a brief respite from the daily drudgery.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is still salvageable but you must show a commitment beyond your own pocketbook and start taking a sincere and personal interest in the well being of your employees. If a choice is available, do the right thing for the employee. Board - replace the CEO immediately with an individual who has a personality, cares about people, and will actually engage in sincere conversation with the "common folks". Lennox didn't survive for over 100 years by having poor leadership that focuses on nothing more than a short term quarterly result!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrid

Sourcing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsTop contributors earn nice perks, travel, private jet, car allowance.

ConsOld Boys Club, Most of the management is EX-GE or Trane, and they think they are something special. The technology is boring

Culture is stagnant

Manager (Former Employee) Richardson, TX (US)

ProsBusiness is good and they have a great product - costly but good. Service team is excellent and this drives equipment sales.

ConsLack of leadership at numerous levels. Leaders do not embrace the needed change or those that can effectively initiate change management. If you do not advertise people will not purcase your product - you cannot shrink your way to success - you invest to grow!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good leaders, get rid of those that are the "Bullies" - people know who they are in the organization and take care of customers and employees.

Downward focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHistoric company with name brand
    Proven quality

ConsProfit driven
    Inward focus, not customer focus

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome customer focused, not investor focused

not a bad company to work for -

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Richardson, TX (US)

Prosflexibilty .. some smart co-wokers... have a salary freeze in 2010 and 2011 lower the 3% salaries company wide

Conslot of office politics ... very tight dead lines in IT

Advice to Senior Managementneed to focus more on IT

Not what it used to be

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsFrom what I understand from others that have been here longer than me, this used to be a family, employee centered company but that is no longer the case.

ConsNew approach of CEO is to make money at the costs of the lower level employees. Pay cuts,layoffs, etc. then 6 mths later take a big bonus for himself from the Board of Directors while the rest of us suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds new CEO and upper leadership

Great potential but held back by bloated middle management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCEO has good vision for the company. Great CFO. strong products and a no stress environment. Ridiculously high pay for what is expected.

ConsAn embarrassingly poor IT infrastructure has resulted in an org structure that suffers from a bloated middle management.

Advice to Senior Managementclean house in IT and put a true leader in the CIO role and focus on automating as much of the finance function as possible.

Upper management and corporate has no clue as how to run a wholesale business.

Manager (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsSalary only. If it weren't for that it would be miserable.

ConsUpper management stupidity. Too many chiefs doing the same thing. Zone managers have no clue as the technical side of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves and save whats left of the bottom line.

Worked for Lennox? Contribute to the Community!