Las Vegas Sands
www.lasvegassands.com Las Vegas, NV 5000+ Employees

Las Vegas Sands Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014
Las Vegas Sands – Singapore – “Marina Bay Sands”

Las Vegas Sands Chairman, CEO, and Treasurer Sheldon G. Adelson

Sheldon G. Adelson

Best working environment in Las Vegas

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Las Vegas Sands full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe employee benefits programs the company offers are the best I have seen in the Hotel/Casino industry.

Medical/Dental/Vision/Life are given to each employee free of charge, and cover your entire family. There are additional options for extended life insurances, disability, a matching 401k, and even stock options for some positions.

This company treats their employees very well, and offers training, and tuition reimbursement.

ConsAs with every casino company there is a general lacking in days off and/or holidays in which you are automatically given. Being a 24/7 industry it can be hard sometimes to get the time off you would like with your family.Some of the salary ranges are not living up to the national averages, and could use a little "modernization".

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the salary ranges are not living up to the national averages, and could use a little "modernization".

Awesome brand potential, high turn-over, horrible employee culture and benefits

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Las Vegas Sands full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company pays stronger than other strip properties in an attempt to combat high turn-over and extremely challenging work environment.

ConsWhere to start. We will attempt to stick to the facts of our experience.

The brand has amazing potential, but the current operating state is horrible and managed so poorly, its obvious it's all about the money and not about the employees.

Due to poor traffic management it takes employees 60 minutes to and from the property unpaid to arrive and leave. Plan accordingly if you have children.

15 minute Breaks. You will receive no 15 minute breaks unless you take up smoking.

We received a new manager every 6 months and had to rebuild the relationships each time which was frustrating.

No promotion opportunities.

Company healthcare denies most claims and you have to call multiple times to get the issues resolved.

There is onsite child care. Openings are rare. The price is higher than other providers for some reason.

You will work a minimum 10 hour days, average 11 hour days. They work you to get the job done and if you dont like it they will let you know you can be easily replaced. Work and life balance are nonexistent.

Upper Management and Executive Management consists of many highly political persons and turned every 6 months.

Lunch Breaks. The 'free' food is consistently unidentifiable and many employees refuse to eat there after getting sick right after lunch time. You can also pay 12-15 per day for lunch on the property and it's quality will be fried, unhealthy and high questionable.

To survive you must not say any other words other than 'yes'. The company thrives on 'yes' management, even if it means breaking protocols, compliance, rules, laws.

The employee areas often are stacked with garbage and old food and thus smells horrible as you travel from work area to area.

Your training will be doing your job. You will receive no structured training. And if you do not perform to unreasonable expectations you will be informed you will be replaced easily.

Its obvious they are extremely talented at one thing, intaking volumes of new employees, and creatively separating employees.

Could go on and on but you get the idea. Often we would shake our heads and not believe the level of gross incompetence occurring on all levels in many places in the company. There could be department isolated and happy but for the most part, talking with 100s of employees, the situation became very clear to anyone of reasonable mental competence.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith issues described above it's overly obvious Executive Management IS the issue.

Non-Executive Employees are treated very poorly and the numerous labor lawsuits continue to paint the picture that the Las Vegas Sands Corporation is not employee/team-member friendly and they continue to develop the company toward union involvement with the fashion they treat their employees.

And yes, there are even people paid to review the above information so their 'brand' can be 'managed' and for 'security'. This review has already been flagged several times from the Sands so prospective employees doing research do not find this information.

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Las Vegas Sands

Prosa chance to work for one of the best!

Cons...easy to get caught up and neglect other aspects of your life

Advice to Senior Managementmore growth opps.

Terrible Place for Analytics and/or Logic

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Las Vegas Sands full-time for more than a year

ProsThe silver lining for this company is that they have the most up to day technology, they just never use it to its full potential so I kind of really doesn't matter. If you come from outside the company they will pay you a really high salary too. Plus if you want to go international in Gaming this is the best place to do it since they are the best internationally. Best benefits in town as well.

ConsThe place operates in a perpetual state of fear. The CEO micro manages everything and everyone is scared they could get fired if they rock the boat too much. Also promotions aren't ever really dependent on work output, just solely friends in high places. Also you almost never need proof to go with an idea which is why if you want an Analytics career your best to just get some experience here if you have to then just leave somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop purging your HR department every other year and come up with a cohesive corporate structure. This still place operates a huge "mom and pop" operation and it's hurting moral and career growth.

Great guests, company and employees

Security Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Las Vegas Sands full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people i work with are nice and enjoyable co-workers.

ConsThere is not a lot of room for growth within the company

modern day slavery

Manager, Development (Current Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Las Vegas Sands full-time for less than a year

Prosnice women and men to look at.
None - worst place to work ever. backbiting, backstabbing, backbreaking work, workplace and plain awful. Adelson should spend money on employees than GOP

ConsWorst place to work ever. backbiting, backstabbing, backbreaking work, workplace and plain awful. Adelson should spend money on employees than GOP

Better than unemployment, but not by much!

Security Officer (Current Employee)
Bethlehem, PA (US)

ProsFree food
All you can inhale 2nd hand smoke
Low level of responsibility

ConsThe food sucks
Work life balance is impossible
Poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote competence instead of loyalty.
Enforce your own policies, or change them.

No work life balance, 9 to 15 hour days, average of 55 hours monday through Friday plus work on weekends

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Las Vegas Sands

ProsGreat employee benefits for dental, vision and medical. 2 meals provided each day in employee dining facilities located on property.

Cons50 to 55 work week plus work on weekends is needed to accomplish the global projects due to the 15 hour time difference between the geographic regions. Senior IT leadership doesn't always use established PMO procedures. Project Managers are located in a 'cube farm' with very limited resources to conduct stkeholder meetings in an office, while there are other positions that never conduct conference calls and are taking up office space.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster better two way communication with the stakeholders and those responsible for getting the jobs and projects accomplished. Current project management guidelines delay project completion by months. Provide office space to conduct meetings and conference calls

Amazing company to work for

Server (Current Employee)
Allentown, PA (US)

I have been working at Las Vegas Sands

ProsGreat management, wonderful co-workers, good benefits (cheap!), they take good care of you there.

ConsMust work holidays, weekends, and nights. Not good if you have children.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotes within

Magnificent

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Las Vegas Sands

ProsIts never a boring day!

ConsCan be tiring at times or most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance

Worked for Las Vegas Sands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Las Vegas Sands reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Las Vegas Sands CEO Sheldon G. Adelson. All 12 reviews are posted anonymously by Las Vegas Sands employees.