Labor Ready
www.laborready.com Tacoma, WA

Labor Ready Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Steve Cooper

Pros:
  • "Any job is better than no job at all"
    in 2 reviews
  • "Get paid daily if you're broke, can leave a job if you feel that it's not for you"
    in 2 reviews
Cons:
  • "on the average only get minimum wage, you have to show up early everyday until you get a job"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Low pay for full-time Customer Service Representatives"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Low Pay For Hard Workers, Can't be hired by a company till worked over 400 hrs with labour ready.

Labour (Former Employee)
Brantford, ON

I worked at Labor Ready part-time for less than a year

ProsGet paid daily if you're broke, can leave a job if you feel that it's not for you.

ConsAfter you work 400+ hours for Labour Ready, your hours start getting lower, they slowly stop sending you to work.
Labour Ready calls you to work at places that can't keep employees'. Factory's that pay like $14 to start for regular employees but Labour sends you for $10.25. You can't be hired by that company nor any other company that Labour Ready has sent you too, till you have worked your 400+ hours with Labour Ready.

Advice to Senior ManagementA Balance should be looked for when sending people to work, meaning if a company needs workers and someone is liked by them, they should be free to apply without being forced to work a certain amount of hours with labour ready. A temp service should be willing to have someone hired by a company they have sent someone too, it looks good for them.

Bottom Line Driven Period

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Labor Ready for more than a year

ProsGreat concept and suitable for contractors, freelancers and those looking for flexiblity in their work life.

ConsManagement needs to pay attention to competition which they tend to ignore and are losing their market position. They also turn a blind eye on safety for the almighty dollar.

Advice to Senior ManagementRisk Managment should follow up/ monitor the health and safety policies at the branch level. The talk is not being walked.

Very easy to start at, very varied working conditions, very unstable source of income

Temporary Labourer (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Labor Ready part-time for less than a year

ProsVery flexible schedule. Provide some safety equipment for free. Everyone is welcome. Very easy to start working here. The managers at a place near me seemed very concerned for worker safety. The manager often went to different places to check out working conditions, and definitely if it was the first time the agency supplied workers.

ConsVery seasonal, Frequently not enough work for everyone who comes in during the day. There are work agencies that provide better pay/work conditions, but are harder to start working at. Very unstable source of income.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand to more qualified work.

I liked working for them But, the pay was poor.

Parks and Rec Board (Former Employee)
Huntington, WV (US)

I worked at Labor Ready as a contractor for more than a year

Prosgood work environment. they had plenty of jobs to choose from.

Consneed more help behind the counter because the workers don't want to stay all evening to get payed.

Advice to Senior Managementsame as my cons.

Always trying to get work close to bus routes and very safety minded

Customer Service Representative/Multi- Task Laborer (Current Employee)
Concord, NH (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time for more than a year

ProsGetting paid daily with cash card and text alerts for up coming work. They find drivers for the employees that don't have rides.

ConsI myself can not find anything that would put a bad mark on the management. they are very fair minded and threat everyone equilly

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a company represenative go out and get more work in all the feilds that Labor Ready such as restauants,factorys and contractors.

To whim it may concern:

Temporary Labourer (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood being able to work in differnt jobs to get exsperience

ConsNot enough work you will be lucky if your even called to go to work

Advice to Senior Managementget more jobs for women and call people for work would be nice

this an good place

Driver/Front Office Administrative (Current Employee)
Cicero, NY (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time for more than a year

Proswork with car and other good people

Consnone I like it

They have all kinds of jobs and safety levels. Just chose wisely.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Labor Ready

ProsIt is quick work to get. The management was friendly in the location I was in. I think your experience depends on the location and the management and the type of work you choose.

ConsYou never know who you will work with or if you will have a problem. Thankfully I did not.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have nothing to say here. I don't think it matters.

CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany covers expenses in a timely manner

ConsGreater responsibilities are being given to Customer Service Representatives without an increase in compensation.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

My experience so far has to be that I expected steady work placement and found out it's not that way.

Laborer (Current Employee)
Upland, Chester, PA (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time for more than a year

ProsThat you can get paid that day.

Consinfrequent work placement. low pay. favortism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe texting-in system to me dosen't work because the on duty mgr can skip over you without you ever knowing. Why does a company come in with a decent pay rate for a position and labor ready slashes that rate in half or automaticaly places it at minimum wage when we as the work force are doing the work. I understand making a profit but being paid fairly seems to be a problem. Raise your minimum pay rate.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Labor Ready reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Labor Ready CEO Steve Cooper. All 90 reviews are posted anonymously by Labor Ready employees.