Labor Ready

Updated 3 March, 2015
Updated 3 March, 2015
2.7

Steve Cooper

Pros
  • I was able to help temporary employees find work and sometimes full time positions (in 5 reviews)

• For many workers, assignments give workers an opportunity to try different kinds of work and as a means to obtaining full time employment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• Need to sharpen it to the company/goal and conduct real world training to the branch Managers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Low Pay For Hard Workers, Can't be hired by a company till worked over 400 hrs with labour ready.

Former Employee - LABOUR in Brantford, ON
    Former Employee - LABOUR in Brantford, ON

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get paid daily if you're broke, can leave a job if you feel that it's not for you.

Cons

After you work 400+ hours for Labour Ready, your hours start getting lower, they slowly stop sending you to work.
    Labour Ready calls you to work at places that can't keep employees'. Factory's that pay like $14 to start for regular employees but Labour sends you for $10.25. You can't be hired by that company nor any other company that Labour Ready has sent you too, till you have worked your 400+ hours with Labour Ready.

A Balance should be looked for when sending people to work, meaning if a company needs workers and someone is liked by them, they should be free to apply without being forced to work a certain amount of hours with labour ready. A temp service should be willing to have someone hired by a company they have sent someone too, it looks good for them.

Bottom Line Driven Period

I worked at Labor Ready (more than a year)

Pros

Great concept and suitable for contractors, freelancers and those looking for flexiblity in their work life.

Cons

Management needs to pay attention to competition which they tend to ignore and are losing their market position. They also turn a blind eye on safety for the almighty dollar.

Risk Managment should follow up/ monitor the health and safety policies at the branch level. The talk is not being walked.

Very easy to start at, very varied working conditions, very unstable source of income

Former Employee - Temporary Labourer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Temporary Labourer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule. Provide some safety equipment for free. Everyone is welcome. Very easy to start working here. The managers at a place near me seemed very concerned for worker safety. The manager often went to different places to check out working conditions, and definitely if it was the first time the agency supplied workers.

Cons

Very seasonal, Frequently not enough work for everyone who comes in during the day. There are work agencies that provide better pay/work conditions, but are harder to start working at. Very unstable source of income.

Expand to more qualified work.

I have 20 on and off years of janitorial experience,sweeping,mopping,stripping and waxing floors,I also do restrooms.

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I would like to work for your company to get more experience and to advance me career.

Cons

Labor Ready is a good company but does not have many opportunities.

Branch Manager

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Great growing company. Good training programs. Good people to work with and for.

Cons

Possibly that parent Company TrueBlue is growing too fast. Too many people coming aboard from acquisitions. Pay for Branch Managers is lower than other Staffing Companies. Healthcare Benefits have become extremely costly and have become poor. This being a problem everywhere these days, these benefits used to be great at Labor Ready.

Follow job posting protocol so that potential candidates may emerge for future promotions and positions.

I enjoy my experience at labor ready for three years.

Former Employee - General Labor
    Former Employee - General Labor

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was working at labor ready to achieve some employment goals in the life that I would like to continue in the future at labor ready as a rehire.

Cons

the only thing I could find was the minimum wage for type certain types of jobs at your company.

no problems

Labor Ready review

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

Great place to work if you need a job or the hours

Cons

No benefits for long time workers.

I have experience in assembly, warehouse, & production.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Powder Springs, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Powder Springs, GA (US)

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

I have a good attitude not only at work, but all the time. most people enjoy my company & would say that they are happy to be my friend.

Cons

not only would I be learning a new career or job, but if show my manager what I can do I could advance with in the company.

any job u give me to do will get done very efficiently I hope that when my managers see how good my work is they consider my for advancement.

For the most part it is straight forward.

Former Employee - Temporary General Labor Agent in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Temporary General Labor Agent in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Labor Ready part-time

Pros

Work today paid today, alot of new experience.

Cons

usually minimum wage, sometimes co workers slack.

Better compensation for dedicated workers.

Labor Ready Photos

Working for Labor Ready means that you have many different kinds of jobs available.
We work with customers in a variety of industries.
One of our branch managers on a job site.

+ Add Photo