Labor Ready Reviews

Updated 13 October, 2014
Updated 13 October, 2014
2.7

Steve Cooper

Pros
  • I was able to help temporary employees find work and sometimes full time positions (in 5 reviews)

• For many workers, assignments give workers an opportunity to try different kinds of work and as a means to obtaining full time employment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• Need to sharpen it to the company/goal and conduct real world training to the branch Managers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Low Pay For Hard Workers, Can't be hired by a company till worked over 400 hrs with labour ready.

Former Employee - LABOUR in Brantford, ON
    Former Employee - LABOUR in Brantford, ON

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get paid daily if you're broke, can leave a job if you feel that it's not for you.

Cons

After you work 400+ hours for Labour Ready, your hours start getting lower, they slowly stop sending you to work.
    Labour Ready calls you to work at places that can't keep employees'. Factory's that pay like $14 to start for regular employees but Labour sends you for $10.25. You can't be hired by that company nor any other company that Labour Ready has sent you too, till you have worked your 400+ hours with Labour Ready.

A Balance should be looked for when sending people to work, meaning if a company needs workers and someone is liked by them, they should be free to apply without being forced to work a certain amount of hours with labour ready. A temp service should be willing to have someone hired by a company they have sent someone too, it looks good for them.

Bottom Line Driven Period

I worked at Labor Ready (more than an year)

Pros

Great concept and suitable for contractors, freelancers and those looking for flexiblity in their work life.

Cons

Management needs to pay attention to competition which they tend to ignore and are losing their market position. They also turn a blind eye on safety for the almighty dollar.

Risk Managment should follow up/ monitor the health and safety policies at the branch level. The talk is not being walked.

Very easy to start at, very varied working conditions, very unstable source of income

Former Employee - Temporary Labourer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Temporary Labourer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Labor Ready part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule. Provide some safety equipment for free. Everyone is welcome. Very easy to start working here. The managers at a place near me seemed very concerned for worker safety. The manager often went to different places to check out working conditions, and definitely if it was the first time the agency supplied workers.

Cons

Very seasonal, Frequently not enough work for everyone who comes in during the day. There are work agencies that provide better pay/work conditions, but are harder to start working at. Very unstable source of income.

Expand to more qualified work.

It was ok it you want to make a quick buck and you get paid daily.

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor

Pros

Met Cool People. IT was interesting. 1 hour Lunches.

Cons

Last minute changes. 15 min breaks is not enough

PAY MORE FOR THESE LABORERS THEY DO THE DIRTY And Dangerous work!!!!!!!

Learning many different job fields and gaining experience...

Current Employee - Driver/Laborer/Wearhouse in Sherwood, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Driver/Laborer/Wearhouse in Sherwood, AR (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Help you with a wide range out work experience...

Cons

Just not enough work never not consistent...

Keep the workers on the same job when others don't show up for work.

If your desperate its a quick way to get some money working various labor assignments. T

Current Employee - General Labor
    Current Employee - General Labor

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are really hard up, its a quick way to get money. They pay you the same day. One assignment in particular turned out to be long term and I got lots of overtime. They text you everyday with the various job assignments.

Cons

Lately they have been limiting overtime. A lot of the jobs are dangerous and dirty. Most assignments only pay minimum wage.

Try to boost the pay. Some of the assignments involve very dangerous heavy lifting and you risking injury for minimum wage.

It's a great option you get out what you put in!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Steubenville, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Steubenville, OH (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place can will change the lives of those who are willing. If you have the right mindset you will do well. I have had several people tell me that they have change their lives.

Cons

The people that don't believe they make a difference is what can impact an entire branch and community.

Steve and Wayne you are Rock Stars. Keep growing and allowing us to provide specialization. We are well on our journey to True Blue!

I worked at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its quick and easy to get in.

Cons

They dont have their stuff together.
    Direct deposit takes up to 3 days.
    Online application wont be found.
    Their system has bugs.
    Try to play you.

Worsest agency ever!!!

Rude, disrespectful staff at local office. Recruiters are hardheaded and unreasonable and treat workers horribly.

Former Employee - Temp Worker in Decatur, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Temp Worker in Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at Labor Ready as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy to get hired on by this company

Cons

Unreliable hours, Rude recruiters. Branch manager actually HUNG UP ON ME when I expressed my frustration with the way I was being treated. Extremely unprofessional staff at local office. Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage.

Treat your employees like human beings and pay them a living wage

Marketing Sales Manager Labor Ready

Current Employee - Marketing Sales Manager in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales Manager in Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I very much enjoyed meeting the public in my job. Meeting supervisors, owners, managers on different job sites. It was interesting to learn what they do and how they work. I made a lot of friends.

Cons

The comparisons the company made to lower employment areas were unrealistic in their goals for me. I was stretched too far in area so that most of my time was spent driving which was unproductive. People employed by Labor Ready did not last 5 years. 800 offices and no one lasted over 5 years. That says A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DM's of this company should study demographics and educate themselves better. All they did was shout numbers when I was there. No one ever helped mentor. They only cared about the all mighty dollar and not the workers at all who were taken advantage of. The workers are the life's blood of this company and I never saw upper management even SPEAK to any of them. My paycheck came from their sweat and it made me feel guilty.

Labor Ready Photos

Working for Labor Ready means that you have many different kinds of jobs available.
We work with customers in a variety of industries.
One of our branch managers on a job site.

+ Add Photo