Labor Ready

www.laborready.com

Labor Ready Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Steve Cooper

Pros
  • they could always find work somewhere (in 3 reviews)

• Very easy to start working here (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • they didn't pay more than minimum wage (in 7 reviews)

• 00 an hour is not enough for the kind of commitment and hard work that LR expects from its employees (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Low Pay For Hard Workers, Can't be hired by a company till worked over 400 hrs with labour ready.

LABOUR (Former Employee) Brantford, ON

ProsGet paid daily if you're broke, can leave a job if you feel that it's not for you.

ConsAfter you work 400+ hours for Labour Ready, your hours start getting lower, they slowly stop sending you to work.
    Labour Ready calls you to work at places that can't keep employees'. Factory's that pay like $14 to start for regular employees but Labour sends you for $10.25. You can't be hired by that company nor any other company that Labour Ready has sent you too, till you have worked your 400+ hours with Labour Ready.

Advice to Senior ManagementA Balance should be looked for when sending people to work, meaning if a company needs workers and someone is liked by them, they should be free to apply without being forced to work a certain amount of hours with labour ready. A temp service should be willing to have someone hired by a company they have sent someone too, it looks good for them.

Bottom Line Driven Period

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat concept and suitable for contractors, freelancers and those looking for flexiblity in their work life.

ConsManagement needs to pay attention to competition which they tend to ignore and are losing their market position. They also turn a blind eye on safety for the almighty dollar.

Advice to Senior ManagementRisk Managment should follow up/ monitor the health and safety policies at the branch level. The talk is not being walked.

Very easy to start at, very varied working conditions, very unstable source of income

Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsVery flexible schedule. Provide some safety equipment for free. Everyone is welcome. Very easy to start working here. The managers at a place near me seemed very concerned for worker safety. The manager often went to different places to check out working conditions, and definitely if it was the first time the agency supplied workers.

ConsVery seasonal, Frequently not enough work for everyone who comes in during the day. There are work agencies that provide better pay/work conditions, but are harder to start working at. Very unstable source of income.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand to more qualified work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very dependable and reliable

General Labor (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Prosget to work when you need it badly and pay

Conssome people we have to work with like drug es

General Laborer

General Labor (Current Employee) Winter Park, FL (US)

ProsIf you have a car you will get sent out on tickets, and if you work good and you get there early you're good! And there are people there who will actually get hired on with the company that requested for you to work.

ConsSome of the dispatchers could be a holes

Advice to Senior ManagementI would consider being a bit more polite to people, because we are all human. Treat people with respect and you will get respect.

Excellent

Laborers (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThey give everyone jobs

ConsNot Having actual permanent hours

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople should get place closer to other people with the same skills

Temporary service provider.

General Labor (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA (US)

ProsEasy to start working, lots of diverse jobs offered.

ConsMostly manual labor. When I worked here it required one to show up at 5:00am in the office and wait 0-4+ hours before being assigned a job. They also will ask you to give others rides to the job site.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more courteous to your employees.

Labor Ready

Prosopportunity for those who are not employed to make extra income

Consits not a full time position or stable

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what youre doing

Branch Manager

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsI had an opportunity to assist some talented, yet misdirected, temporary employees use their talents to find full time work. Personally learned the type of manager I want to be.

ConsEndless hours, constant changes in management, receiving calls from temps at crazy hours because the call center thought it was appropriate to give out my cell phone number

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to find a sales strategy and stick with it, at least for 6 months to a year so they can really evaluate if it is a failure or success before changing the strategy again.

Acknowledge that there is a difference in selling labor city to city. The way you sell in New England is completely different than the Midwest.

Beware

Mechanic Shop Driver (Former Employee) Manville, NJ (US)

ProsYou will get paid daily, But at or slightly above minimum wage.

ConsPay rate does not match work involved. And jobs have very slim chance of becoming permanent. Steady temporary work force is there objective.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!